I am tiered of all these posts from some early adopters who are whining about paying full price for Playbook 6 months ago. Face it this is the risk some take buying new devices. I was early adopter for HDDVD dropped by Toshiba. I lost few hundreds dollars on it when i sold it with all movies. You should not be ******** about it but be happy that Rim is taking loss to push the product to the masses. Rim situation is different the Hp which completely abandoned its tablets. Your investment will not be wasted but rather you will get benefit of all new cool apps for playbook. Also stop whining about pricing. Before price was too high, now it s too low. Man, just stop complaining. This is not just Playbook is not selling well. No other tablets are selling. Samsung tablet sales suck, same for Ipad so called killer Motorola's xoom.I have never read that any other tablets sale millions. only apple. so this is good for Rim to drop prices and create excitement around playbook.
    11-19-11 02:25 PM
    you must be full, with all the kool-aid you're drinking
    11-19-11 02:56 PM
    What you to do is get rid of the person who is making you read all those annoying threads! How dare they force you to read and reply!

#ProblemSolved
    11-19-11 03:00 PM
    you must be full, with all the kool-aid you're drinking
    (burp) What koolaid?
    11-19-11 03:06 PM
    With Amazon releasing the Fire for $199.00 and BB fire selling the Playbook for $199.00 it's now clear what the public is willing to pay for a non iPad tablet.
    11-19-11 03:09 PM
    Kudos brother - anyone who buys *any* new-to-market device, from any manufacturer, be it tablet or toaster, and expects the price to never drop, is either stupid or stoned.

I bought my PlayBook the moment it became available, fully knowing the price would be reduced at some point... and I'm pretty sure it will be replaced someday by a newer model and I'll need to make a decision about whether to upgrade. It's simply the (long term) price of admission.

We all see it, all too often, that folks are in the mindset of whatever device they are dreaming about buying next will be the LAST device they'll ever need because its specs are sooooo good. C'mon, drop back down to reality folks; good grief.

Six months to two years is the best you can hope for with any gadget.
    advcomputer likes this.
    11-19-11 03:10 PM
    wahoo, another thread whining about people whining!
    11-19-11 03:10 PM
    Another whiner whining about whiners. I do agree however. As a so called early adopter it gets old waiting for the big update just around the corner. Been more like around the block. I take solace in knowing that anytime we buy a product in its infancy we are taking risk in the road ahead. It did say OS 1, didn't it?
    11-19-11 03:11 PM
    Unfortunately that's what people are going to do if things aren't up to their standards. I think it's good to see RIM selling them at a discounted price. That means many other people will have the chance to try the PB out for themselves instead of just reading about it. I'm sure there's going to be some love and some hate.
    I heard somewhere (and this may not be totally true) that for every negative review, there are really 10 people that feel negatively about it and just haven't reported. But for every 1 positive review, there are 100 people that are happy about it that haven't reported.
    Hopefully now, this will help get the positive out there about this device and help boost sales in the future.
    Am I upset that I paid full price and it's so cheap now? Nah, I tend not to dwell on the past.
    bpdude, Just Me and calles like this.
    11-19-11 03:11 PM
    Tell rim to get off the dime and fix the device with OS 2 or even a real OS 1/2 (that's half) and the whining will stop. Otherwise, Christy's advice - stop reading the thread, skip the whiner and hit the wine!
    11-19-11 04:05 PM
    Chrisy. No T.
    11-19-11 04:14 PM
    I think I have a right to moan. Why I want to moan... because the Failbook is not fit for purpose.

The Failbook isn't selling at RRP or anything near it because it has been found lacking! Supply demand, RIM worried and Retailers dumping stock. It isn't an altruistic gesture from RIM (a company currently destroying itself on the stock market) it's panic and very possibly death throws.

The price drop is a response to a failed product.

Personally I would not buy a 64gig Failbook for $99 based on my experience of owning one.
    11-19-11 04:35 PM
    Funny. A large majority of PB owners rate their device positively.

Whiners make me laugh.
    11-19-11 04:44 PM
    I would dispute that... but if you were to ask them if to rate it as a tool as opposed to a glorified web browser or a spare TV to watch streaming football it would be a very different story.

I purchased a tool that without refute is lacking.
    11-19-11 04:51 PM
    This thread will go nowhere good.
    erhan8 likes this.
    11-19-11 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD