Sneak peek at BlackBerry Tag, RIM's implementation of NFC

EDIT: sorry i didnt write a description was trying to post at work lol, this is a article/video i found this morning about the blackberry tag feature with NFC, looked pretty interesting thought i would share
    Last edited by anthonybaker; 11-18-11 at 10:56 AM.
    OniBerry, Dr.Deebs and Jake2826 like this.
    11-18-11 10:20 AM
    I have a question about NFC transfers like that. I know Android has Google Beam. Will Tag be compatible with Beam? Or does it not matter as long as they both have NFC?
    11-18-11 01:12 PM
    i dont think they would be compatible, but as more and more devices use NFC im sure some developer will make a cross platform app for transfering
    11-21-11 11:34 AM
    This is nice, but they shouldn't allow to dismiss the security warning. I suppose this will be BES controlled for the corporate use.
    11-21-11 11:41 AM
    BlackBerry Tag and Google Beam are based on standard NFC mode called PeerToPeer.

Google has announced that they are also using SNEP standard from NFC Forum.
    Now, if BlackBerry also uses SNEP over PeerToPeer (no body knows if that is the case or not), then you should be able to transfer objects (URL, Contacts, Pictures, etc) between BlackBerry and Android phone.
    11-21-11 07:52 PM
    Isn't this whole NFC tagging feature just what we used to do back in the day when infrared was an essential phone feature? Before bluetooth took over.
    11-22-11 07:45 PM
    Isn't this whole NFC tagging feature just what we used to do back in the day when infrared was an essential phone feature? Before bluetooth took over.
    In a way NFC has some similarities with what were offered with infrared communication.

The biggest difference is that NFC is based on widely used ISO standards that are already deployed for payment, transit systems, access control, etc.

Infrared died.
    NFC looks to be so well designed and generic that it has way higher chances to stay.
    11-22-11 08:23 PM
    can't wait for this.
    11-29-11 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD