I can't get Blackberry maps to work.

I've just updated the OS to 6.0.0.668 after uninstalling Blackberry maps in an attempt to get it to work. I've just tried Google maps, but get the message: "network unavailable: this application requires a data connection and some blackberry devices require configuration to work propely"

I have Data Services On, I'm connected to O2 (3G and 2G), as well as a Wi-Fi connection.

Many thanks in advance!
    11-18-11 06:11 AM
    Have you entered your network's TCP/IP settings in Advanced Options / TCP/IP?

O2 UK (contract)
    mobile.o2.co.uk
    web
    password

O2 UK (prepaid)
    payandgo.o2.co.uk
    payandgo
    payandgo

Google Maps will not work over Wi-Fi
    11-18-11 06:26 AM
    I can connect to the internet using the browser, if that'sa of any importance.

I've just looked at the Advanced settings TCP IP and am taken to a page listing:
    APN Settings Enabled: (check box not selected)
    APN: APN Authentication Enabled: (check box not selected)
    User name for APN: (can't appear to enter anything here)
    Password for APN: (can't appear to enter anything here)

Is this right?
    Cheers
    11-18-11 06:44 AM
    Yes if you tick the checkbox you will find you can enter the APN, User Name and Password.
    11-18-11 06:47 AM
    Google maps now appear to be OK.
    BB maps seem OK (but very slow).

Many thanks for your help.

Just so that I'm sure:
    I should have both
    APN Settings Enabled: Selected
    APN: APN Authentication Enabled: Selected

Cheers
    11-18-11 06:56 AM
    Yes that is correct. Enjoy!
    11-18-11 06:58 AM
    Many thanks!
    11-18-11 07:09 AM
    i have had trouble getting bbmaps to work on my curve for some time . and after tonns of reading and research i have discovered that the problem is the service books or lack of.
    all i did was go into my service provider and ask them to temporary hook up FULL DATA package and send all service books and then disconnect (make sure bbmaps is installed in the system before you do this even if the icon dosnt appear) then when they send the service books it will magically appear on your screen>>>>voila!!! BBMAPS!!!
    the other alternative is if you cant make it into the service providers office from where you are call them and order the full data package for a month and cancel it this will also work but you'll have to pay that little extra for the little data you used for the month.
    hope this helps
    L.B.G
    03-28-12 11:17 AM
    hey pls help me out for the same problem. not able to start google maps on my curve 9300.
    03-24-13 04:16 AM
    Thanks. Now it works. I can't figure out how to change the orientation so that its not always pointing north but to work like a navigation device. My android had a Lab option which allows this feature to be turned on.. Any ideas if this is even possible in GM?
    04-06-13 09:31 PM
    I also managed to get my WAZE to work after selecting the APN buttons..
    04-06-13 09:33 PM
    Hi, Is there any way BBmaps can work in India?

I've tried many times bt it didn't work.

Pls help.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300
    06-07-13 09:51 PM
    I have exactly the same issue as the original poster - I'm on EE and going from a Q10 to a 9900 (temporarily) and I can't get Google Maps to work. What should my TCP/IP settings be for a pay monthly account?

Many thanks for your help.
    05-19-14 04:06 AM
    I am having a nightmare with Blackberry 9790 having moved from Orange 3g sim to EE 4g sim. I have the APN settingsEnabled boxes unchecked. Can you tell me the user name and password for EE? Or steer me to where I can find them? Really grateful if you can.
    01-17-15 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD