Has ANYONE had this issue and resolved it? My BB 9930 was drained completely yesterday and shut itself off. I charged it last night and was able to turn it on and everything was fine...I was able to receive calls and get onto the Facebook app with no problems. I continued to let it charge and went to sleep. I awoke to a Blackberry that was off while still plugged in. I turned it on and I never received a true network signal...I'm with Verizon and the only signal I constantly get was 1x and sometimes 3G but I could still not place or receieve calls...it was so sporadic that I eventually got a couple of calls thru to VZW and it was no prob on their end. Did *228...nothing...battery pull....same result...alt shift delete...same...tried to switch network...NEVER COULD CONNECT TO A NETWORK. IN FACT IT SAYS UNKNOWN OPERATOR UNDER MOBILE NETWORK SETTINGS...went to VZW store they were clueless...backed up data and did security wipe...NADA!! Help!!

One thing I noticed is the Blackberry icon that's usually there by network signal strength has disappeared and no matter what hasn't returned... ((

Any useful ideas? I have the latest os .374.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-11 11:15 PM
    did you try reloading your OS? maybe you could try that, since you mentioned that you jsut did a security wipe on your device.

one way of determining how to spot an error in your phone, is looking at your phone's logs. by pressing ALT+L,G,L,G. then look for words that are in BOLD, these are usually the processes in your phone that had an error.

You could also google the error, to find out what the meaning of such is.
    11-17-11 11:21 PM
    Thank you! I'll try to reload the OS. 374 and see if that fixes this. I hope someone leaks a new os for 9930... 9900s are getting all the love right now...since their more abundent I guess...

Will keep you posted.

11-18-11 12:36 AM
    did you try reloading your OS? maybe you could try that, since you mentioned that you jsut did a security wipe on your device.

one way of determining how to spot an error in your phone, is looking at your phone's logs. by pressing ALT+L,G,L,G. then look for words that are in BOLD, these are usually the processes in your phone that had an error.

You could also google the error, to find out what the meaning of such is.
    BTW, did the alt LGLG and there were a few bolded exceptions...not sure what to do with them but to make sure I reload my os right...what steps do I take to reload my os? Just connect to BB desktop on my pc?

11-18-11 12:43 AM
    well you have to reload your OS using AppLoader just to be sure.

Just go to Program Files > Common files > Research in Motion > Apploader

then click on it.

you could take note of the bold exceptions and later on research about them to find out what caused the sudden signal problems you've been having
    11-18-11 01:10 AM
    Yes, mos certainly try re-loading the OS. That should fix you right up.

I'm assuming your phone has no warranty on it and can't be sent back?

11-18-11 01:28 AM
    I purchased it new and unactivated from a seller on eBay and I don't wanna pay Verizon the $100 deductible for using the insurance just to get a refurbished phone.

11-18-11 01:32 AM
    well you have to reload your OS using AppLoader just to be sure.

Just go to Program Files > Common files > Research in Motion > Apploader

then click on it.

you could take note of the bold exceptions and later on research about them to find out what caused the sudden signal problems you've been having
    I followed your instructions and reloaded the OS...alas, o change. Did alt LGLG and the first and only error I see is
    E system-JVM:INFOINFOp=mypin,a='7.0.0.374',o='5.0.0.552',h= 5001204

I guess it the notorious Java system error? Sigh...so upset right now. I'm now having to use this Droid 2 that the Bold was supposed to replace.

Now what do I do?

Last edited by chocolatluvn1; 11-18-11 at 07:26 AM.
    11-18-11 07:12 AM
    I've been searching on Google and on Crackberry and I've seen other BlackBerry's that this has happened to in the past but the battery pull or alt caps delte fixes it...it hasn't fixed my problem. I found a net.rim.tcp error and a severe class cast exception error. Any ideas? If not anyone know if BB/RIM will let me get a new device...not a refurb like VZW wants me to pay $100 for...

11-19-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD