Ok ...so I go to app world. As usual there a bunch of those stupid book apps hogging space in the newest apps page.

Get this:

One is Titled "Time Hunter - Deus Le Volt"

So for grins I launch my Kobo app...which has been working perfectly after the fix...just to see if the title is listed there?

Kobo price: 5.39
    Book App price: 9.99 !!!!!!

What...are these people kidding??!!??

I am just wondering if it is worth launching a campaign against this kind of practise and how many of you would go along.

Or has this been tried "En Masse" already?
    11-17-11 05:24 PM
    Easy, don't download it.

That would get the point across I hope. lol
    saudiben likes this.
    11-17-11 05:25 PM
    I think folks at BB Betazone flagged this issue for RIM, and I think John at the forums from RIM is going to flag it for the app world folks, although there is no guarantee that they can do anything about it.
    11-17-11 06:23 PM
    John has been pretty involved with trying to help us get a handle on this issue. I have tried to email the dev but they ignored me.
    11-17-11 07:29 PM
    I haven't bought any of these, but inspired by the fortieth thread on the subject, I'm now upping my status to an active boycott of book apps.

Vive la revolution!
    11-18-11 01:38 AM
    I bought a few just before heading into Kazakhstan for work, Theres no app world here or BB"s for sale (just saying, a bit of a shame. This country is growing rich) Anyway I hope RIM just opens a book store soon, I guess this is coming..
    11-18-11 03:42 AM
    I seriously doubt RIM will put a stop to it unless they open up their own ebook store (which I would love).
    The part about it that kinda irritates me is most of the books have no copyright, so you can download them for free legally from somewhere like project Gutenberg.
    11-18-11 02:32 PM
    But they could put all the book and the book apps into a seperate section.
    11-18-11 02:37 PM
    Don't they do that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD