Big price drop tomorrow and I have cash in hand to get 2 PB's a 16 and 64. I will play around with them first but then should I upgrade?
    11-17-11 10:21 AM
    if you have 2 pb, why not use 1.0.7 in the 64 model and 2.0 in the 16 model..
    11-17-11 10:24 AM
    Wife has the 16 lol
    11-18-11 11:41 AM
    Well I just bought the Wife a 32GB earlier today (Early Xmas gift with the sale on) and she doesn't even know it's hers I'm in the process of working on atm to get it through the initial setup and then the Beta2 install..

In short she won't even see the 1.07 ever ..
    11-18-11 06:30 PM
    I would skip 2.0 for the time being. I used it for a few weeks but this week I downgraded because of the quirks I was experiencing. Bridge did not work and the browser often didn't work. With 1.0 you know what to expect and it does everything well. With 2.0 some things will disappoint right now.

Just my thoughts.
    11-18-11 08:30 PM
    Beta OS2 is very tempting... since it receives updates... unlike the Official OS that seem forgotten...
    11-24-11 04:32 AM
    How do I download the 2.0 beta?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 06:12 AM
    Beta OS2 is very tempting... since it receives updates... unlike the Official OS that seem forgotten...
    It seems that the update to OS1 is starting (1.0.8). The latest build of OS2 is approaching general use stability. I have only found 3 things not working correctly in this build so far. Garbled sound in some games, can not launch bridge messages from the top left notifications (have to launch from the bridge messages app icon), and bridged Files app is missing. Also, for those that use it, I believe the PB Video Chat app is missing and/or broken.

Everything else seems to be working for me, and you get to try out the new UI. I like it. If the next build takes care of those remaining little issues, I see no advantage to sticking with 1.0.7 (or 1.0.8).
    Last edited by jhimmel; 11-24-11 at 09:07 AM.
    11-24-11 06:29 AM
    before I do this I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find clear answers on

- how to downgrade back to 1.0.8 if I want?
    - do I have to do a security wipe with the lastest beta?
    - saw some comments bridged browser not working but tough to tell if the comment was after the latest beta version?
    11-25-11 08:54 AM
    before I do this I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find clear answers on

- how to downgrade back to 1.0.8 if I want?
    - do I have to do a security wipe with the lastest beta?
    - saw some comments bridged browser not working but tough to tell if the comment was after the latest beta version?
    You basically use the "debrick" method to go back. Make sure you back up before upgrading because you will lose everything when downgrading. Instructions for downgrading are shown when you register for the beta.

You dont have to secury wipe when upgrading. It does seem to solve some issues for some people. Personally, I do a regular upgrade and then an immediate backup to preserve data. The, if I wipe, I can restore select info.

My Bridge Browser is working.
    11-25-11 09:48 AM
    I thought OS2 would be great and the idea is but.... It has too many little issues to be user friendly. The browser has its issues with randomly blanking tabs and freezing. It doesnt even crash it just freezes and sometimes everything except for gestures freezes. I installed it yesterday and it will be gone very soon.
    11-25-11 10:29 AM
    after weeks of reading about os2.0 beta, I decided to upgrade this week...within a few hours, after uploading a few android apps...I decided to downgrade...since it wasn't worth having Dead Space not working lol...

the new U.I. looks nice, although I do like the 1.0.7 layout(just needs ability to create folders like in os 2.0)...I used the debrick method and downgraded once the 24hr period was up, then went and purchased GRave HD lol
    11-25-11 10:47 AM
    So, what do you think guys, it is worth to go to Beta OS2 or stick to Official OS1.0.8?
    11-25-11 10:51 AM
    I'm on OS2 Beta and while I've found the browser to now be screaming fast, there were really only about 4 or 5 Android apps that were interesting or useful enough to install.

Most of what I needed/wanted I already had through apps available in the main OS release. So I would say that most people should stay on the main OS.

If you're a developer, then of course you'll want the beta release. If you're extremely tech savvy, then it might be fun and interesting to give OS 2 Beta a try.

Note: many people fancy themselves as being "tech savvy," but they're really not.
    11-25-11 01:04 PM
    I installed the beta 2 days ago. So far some things don't work but I can live with them. Other findings are if you hit x to stop the browser from loading I have to touch in the address to bring up the keyboard and then close the keyboard and touch the screen for it to do anything. Sometime I get a message about an error loading a webpage but clicking on retry it opens it. Some programs are missing.

Other then that so far, haven't used it a whole lot. My wifi seems stronger and bridge browsing seems better to me.
    ljo01 likes this.
    11-25-11 01:13 PM
    Other findings are if you hit x to stop the browser from loading I have to touch in the address to bring up the keyboard and then close the keyboard and touch the screen for it to do anything.
    That issue started for me with the LAST drop of 2.0, and continues on this one. Also, as Meltbox stated, I occasionally get the randomly blanking tabs.

It's workable for now. I may stick it out until I see what drops next. It's definitely improving each time.
    11-25-11 04:28 PM
    I installed Beta OS 2.0 today and its certainly a better OS from my point of view. The only App I'm really having trouble with is Comwave Ephone but that has the same issue with the latest official release anyway.

Other than that I can now open and read some password protected pdf documents which I am unable to do with the official adobe reader. I would say go for it.
    11-26-11 04:42 PM
    It's a better OS but it's just so moody. I switched back to the normal one and it just work better for day to day use. The browser in OS2 is quite a bit better in scrolling but in terms of rendering a page they should be close. I would say don't update unless you have android apps you REALLY want or need. It's a beta, it will frustrate you at times. I simply found the browser issues too much of a problem since I like having 10+ tabs open and OS2 doesn't handle that well.
    11-27-11 01:39 PM
    had my playbook for 3 weeks, the first os2 beta was ok, but down graded as the bridge did not work properly, but the new beta is great, yes the browser has crashed a couple of times but hey its a beta. Love the folder option, android works well, I say try, you can always go back, which is really easy to do, trust me I'm a noob ;-)
    11-28-11 04:27 PM
    Yes, the new beta is pretty stable. I like the new UI (dock, folders). The browsing and bridge work great. Actually, I think the browsing speed might be better on on beta. If gaming is a priority, I would not recommend the new beta because some of the games crash or have severe audio issues. I'm keeping the beta because the critical applications I use - browsing, bridge, RSS reader, local news apps, sports apps, videos, etc... all work flawlessly. I am also enjoying messing around with sideloading android apps too.

I had the PB at launch (April) so the "newness" has worn off and I am more than ready to try something new despite some of the bugs presented by beta. I think for someone who just bought PB though, he/she should spend at least a few weeks with the current OS before thinking of jumping on to the beta. And OS2 is due in February anyway (hopefully) and that is not too far away.
    11-28-11 05:34 PM
    Where do you download the beta OS 2?
    12-08-11 09:22 PM
    Where do you download the beta OS 2?
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/
    12-09-11 07:49 AM
    I'm debating on whether I should download this or not...
    12-11-11 09:04 PM
    I'm debating on whether I should download this or not...
    There are lots and lots of past threads where this question has been asked and answered.

And a "Search CrackBerry" field... ;-)

(Short answer: if you aren't interested in trying out Android stuff, note that it's missing most features that 2.0 will have, and some 1.0.8 has, and is intended exclusively for developers to use in testing out their own apps to make sure they don't break under 2.0. Regular users, aside from Android lovers, should mostly stick with 1.0.8. And some others are less dismissive of it than I am...)
    12-11-11 09:20 PM
    This version of OS 2.0 does not contain end user features such as: email, calendar contacts, video store, etc - this is what i saw on the Blackberry Dev site.

Does this mean even with Bridge, will the those functions be available?
    12-14-11 11:56 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD