I have yet to read any 9800 owners saying the 9810 is slower, but mine is. I am wondering if I just have a bad unit. There are several comparisons that annoy me. For starters, I configure mine to go into Bedside mode when charging. My 9800 goes into it immediately as I plug in the charger but my 9810 takes a few secs. Likewise, unplugging is just as slow to exit bed side. Locking the screen is another comparison with a noticeable difference. Then there are delays just tapping buttons, sometimes I think my tap did not register and tap 2 or 3 times, but if I wait, it usually responds after a few seconds.

My biggest concern is that I am having a lot of lost GPS signals. Normally, if you just lose wireless coverage, you lose the map, but when a route is defined, the blue line and position indicator still display. But on my 9810, the map will just freeze like I stopped. I keep missing turns because I don't think I am there yet. Blackberry Traffic actually displays "GPS Lost". Google maps takes much longer to load as well. If the GPS satellites were having this much trouble, I think it would be in the news so I think it is a problem with my 9810.

Battery pulls help but I rarely pulled the battery on my 9800. Is there anyone having a similar issue?
    11-16-11 12:44 AM
    Sounds to me like a faulty unit. Mine does take a couple seconds to go into bedside mode, but everything else is super fast and way more responsive then my 9800 was/is.
    11-16-11 08:01 AM
    I am not having your issues, but I am on OS .474 which may make the difference. However when I was on the .261 that the phone came with I did not have your issues. If Battery pulls don't help, then could it be an app? I read here in Crackberry that some people were having a problem with the 9810 if they loaded their apps from DTS instead of reloading them through the device. Could it be an app was loaded that really doesn't run properly on OS7?

Some times an old SD card can be the culprit as well. You can wipe the device and restore the OS but do not install your apps through DTS, reinstall them through your device by going to MyWorld of AppWorld.

Or you could take the device back to the carrier and get a new one.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-16-11 08:07 AM
    I only have a weather berryweather app on my 9810 downloaded via computer. This is the fastest phone for all processes I have ever used very responsive. I kinda think "newcollector" has a point. The only way I guess is to strip back to barebones add apps and test.
    11-16-11 09:18 AM
    Wonder what OS the OP is on?

Now that I think about it, all the problems seem like small glitches that were on early builds. Just updating would probably help it.
    11-16-11 11:35 AM
    Wonder what OS the OP is on?

Now that I think about it, all the problems seem like small glitches that were on early builds. Just updating would probably help it.
    Sometimes I think it would be a nice requirement that a person's signature must have what OS version they are running. But then there would be a million posts about where to find the OS and what of all those numbers do you really need to know. Gee, talk about a can of worms; just forget I even thought of anything!
    11-16-11 11:42 AM
    I used to put it in my details next to Devices(s). Maybe they should make it a requirement? Of course that isn't always correct either.
    11-16-11 12:03 PM
    Sometimes I think it would be a nice requirement that a person's signature must have what OS version they are running. But then there would be a million posts about where to find the OS and what of all those numbers do you really need to know. Gee, talk about a can of worms; just forget I even thought of anything!
    not to mention "my OS version is better than yours, so there" and then across platforms, I agree with you lets forget you said anything
    11-17-11 08:59 AM
    I have yet to read any 9800 owners saying the 9810 is slower, but mine is. I am wondering if I just have a bad unit. There are several comparisons that annoy me. For starters, I configure mine to go into Bedside mode when charging. My 9800 goes into it immediately as I plug in the charger but my 9810 takes a few secs. Likewise, unplugging is just as slow to exit bed side. Locking the screen is another comparison with a noticeable difference. Then there are delays just tapping buttons, sometimes I think my tap did not register and tap 2 or 3 times, but if I wait, it usually responds after a few seconds.

My biggest concern is that I am having a lot of lost GPS signals. Normally, if you just lose wireless coverage, you lose the map, but when a route is defined, the blue line and position indicator still display. But on my 9810, the map will just freeze like I stopped. I keep missing turns because I don't think I am there yet. Blackberry Traffic actually displays "GPS Lost". Google maps takes much longer to load as well. If the GPS satellites were having this much trouble, I think it would be in the news so I think it is a problem with my 9810.

Battery pulls help but I rarely pulled the battery on my 9800. Is there anyone having a similar issue?
    I don't notice a lag when hitting bedside mode, either on the 9800 or the 9810.
    I do, however, sometimes notice a hesitation when i hit a button (and then, if i hit it twice, when the system catches up, it has made 2 selections), but this is ususlly when i have it doing something else as well.

is your device new? can you exchange it? may be easier and less frustrating than trying to figure out what's wrong... just a thought.
    11-17-11 10:41 AM
    I don't notice a lag when hitting bedside mode, either on the 9800 or the 9810.
    I do, however, sometimes notice a hesitation when i hit a button (and then, if i hit it twice, when the system catches up, it has made 2 selections), but this is ususlly when i have it doing something else as well.

is your device new? can you exchange it? may be easier and less frustrating than trying to figure out what's wrong... just a thought.
    I'll second that last statement. My experience has been very much the same, with the exception that I no longer see any delay/lag issues for button presses since upgrading to .474. Exchange is your best bet, if your carrier will let you.
    11-17-11 11:04 AM
    I have a similar issue but definitely still faster than my 9800. Currently on 474 and it is incredibly slow installing apps especially when updating them rather than a new install. New installs have a long load time for the first run and I've had some random hourglassing.

Do you think having 19 000 emails on my blackberry is making it go slow? I love being able to search old emails but am considering clearing the database.
    11-18-11 09:39 AM
    My 9810 is about 2 months old and still has 261 on it. I was planning to speak with AT&T but wanted to have more info on what others were seeing first.
    11-19-11 12:53 AM
    Do you think having 19 000 emails on my blackberry is making it go slow? I love being able to search old emails but am considering clearing the database.
    Ye Gods! I wouldn't even keep that many emails in my laptop Inbox. I'd suggest you use an app like File Scout to archive older email onto your SD card.
    11-19-11 11:50 PM
    I have a similar issue but definitely still faster than my 9800. Currently on 474 and it is incredibly slow installing apps especially when updating them rather than a new install. New installs have a long load time for the first run and I've had some random hourglassing.

If you have to ask...
    11-22-11 07:23 AM
    If you have to ask...
    I know, I know but I have no issues with slowdowns in the messages application at all, its only ever in BBM, Browser or when updating an app. Also when opening any app built using the WebWorks SDK so that again would be browser.
    11-22-11 08:18 AM
    On the GPS issue, on the road today for 8 hour trip and sure enough, GPS kept dropping so I used my wife's BB and got AT&T on the line. Long/short, they had me pull the SIM card and they resent the service books. That appears to have fixed it as the next 4-5 hours were trouble free.

What makes this really interesting is they said moving the SIM from one phone to another could cause this. Well a month ago I suddenly could not receive text anymore. I called AT&T who had me do some swapping with another phone and SIM and back to get Text working, and it did work. But that must have screwed up the GPS. Now that GPS is fixed, I wonder if I still get text messages

Note: I also have GPS Tool and even though Google and BB Traffic say no GPS, the tool will confirm that a GPS fix has been obtained. Really sounds like AT&T might be pushing to block the freeware GPS programs.
    11-22-11 09:19 PM
    Wow! Sad to see that I'm not alone. Moved from a T-Mobile 9700 to an ATT 9810 and thought the OS7 was suppose to be the bomb. Very disappointed with the frequent locking up, the spinning hourglass and the required daily battery pulls. Love the OS7, just wish the 9810 hardware could handle it.

Come on Rim, slow down production and show a little quality eh?!
    11-24-11 03:17 PM
    Wow! Sad to see that I'm not alone. Moved from a T-Mobile 9700 to an ATT 9810 and thought the OS7 was suppose to be the bomb. Very disappointed with the frequent locking up, the spinning hourglass and the required daily battery pulls. Love the OS7, just wish the 9810 hardware could handle it.

Come on Rim, slow down production and show a little quality eh?!
    Upgrade to .540 OS7 and all that goes away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 04:17 PM
    Upgrade to .540 OS7 and all that goes away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It does significantly improve but not entirely fixed.
    11-25-11 09:08 AM
    Yeah, I upgraded and saw an significant improvement, not totally, but enough to keep me happy most of the time.
    12-03-11 10:55 PM
    I happy to hear that you got it solved... it sounds like a OS issue... the 9810 is a faster device.
    12-04-11 10:44 AM
    my 9810 (2nd unit) is also slower than the 9800 on AT&T
    12-05-11 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD