I just changed from a BB9700 (T-Mobile) to a BB9810 (still T-Mobile). I was using TeleNav just great until the switch-over...

Anybody have any suggestions for a spoken turn by turn navigation app?

Thanks.
    11-15-11 06:48 PM
    Can you try copying all the TN .cod files from the old phone onto the new one? It worked for me.

Failing that, BBTraffic beta 3.0 now has turn-by-turn voice directions.
    11-15-11 06:57 PM
    Can you try copying all the TN .cod files from the old phone onto the new one? It worked for me.

Failing that, BBTraffic beta 3.0 now has turn-by-turn voice directions.
    Thanks K9Carly. I tried the TN .cod files, but no luck.

I'll take a look at the BBTraffic Beta 3.0.

Thanks for the help.
    11-15-11 07:05 PM
    yeah, I would recommend signing up for BB Beta Zone and trying BB Traffic.
    11-15-11 08:43 PM
    yeah, I would recommend signing up for BB Beta Zone and trying BB Traffic.
    Thanks, swimmer160...

I'm downloading it now.

11-15-11 08:50 PM
    I played with the new BBT3 beta today, it worked like a charm navigating me back to the hwy from an errand into a section of town I do not frequent.
    11-15-11 10:00 PM
    LifeInPocket has turn by turn.
    11-16-11 12:06 AM
    I played with the new BBT3 beta today, it worked like a charm navigating me back to the hwy from an errand into a section of town I do not frequent.
    I love this new BlackBerry Traffic. It has been spot on in giving directions. The voice commands are clear and loud and so far, no bugs.
    hubermania likes this.
    11-16-11 09:52 AM
    BB Traffic was always very good in my family for written directions. Now with spoken directions the app is even better than ever. Some quirks of pronunciation but still a wonder at the price (free).
    hubermania likes this.
    11-16-11 10:00 AM
    I downloaded BBT3 from Beta Zone this morning and used it. It's not bad. I even like the search option. The GPS and search were the two items I liked on the HTC Sensation (utilizing google of course). So I'm very happy with this new addition to BB. It will be nice when they finally release it.
    11-16-11 11:16 AM
    BB Traffic 3.0 works really good. Mounted to the windshield on next manuver it works like a charm, and free!
    11-16-11 05:32 PM
    BB Traffic 3.0 works really good. Mounted to the windshield on next manuver it works like a charm, and free!

Agreed. BB Traffic is great. And ver 3 adds voice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 05:33 PM
    Cheeky, try resending service books then a battery pull. I got my T-Mo 9810 this week and it came with an icon to install Telenav.

Edit: the Telenav icon invokes this URL:
    http://www.blackberry.com/VirtualPre...tm&language=en
    Last edited by hubermania; 11-17-11 at 09:12 AM.
    11-17-11 09:10 AM
    Not sure if anyone can help and I'm probably going to call their help number, but I was checking out Telenav's deal for 9.99 a year, but when I tried to purchase it from my phone it had 9.99/month. Anyone else notice that?

Thanks!
    11-17-11 03:09 PM
    Not sure if anyone can help and I'm probably going to call their help number, but I was checking out Telenav's deal for 9.99 a year, but when I tried to purchase it from my phone it had 9.99/month. Anyone else notice that?

Thanks!
    I know through Tmobile it will cost you the 9.99/month....not really worth it in my opinion.
    nccjones likes this.
    11-17-11 03:23 PM

Thanks!
    Telenav is $9.99/month on AT&T as well . .
    11-17-11 08:40 PM
    Has anyone figured out if/how you can get the BBT3 voice to route through a Bluetooth earpiece?

That is one feature of Telenav this is nice - would be nice if BBT3 could do it as well.
    11-17-11 08:42 PM
    Telenav is $9.99/month on AT&T as well . .
    Thanks...looks like Tmo is the same. I'll wait until Garmin comes out on 7.0...fingers crossed. For now I'll stick with BBT3. I used it yesterday and it literally dropped me off in front of my house which is in a condo community. I was impressed. But, I don't like how there is no directional map on it. It's just voice directional. I'm used to looking where my car is going on a map and I like that. (Unless I haven't figured out how to get the map)
    11-18-11 06:31 AM
    Thanks...looks like Tmo is the same. I'll wait until Garmin comes out on 7.0...fingers crossed. For now I'll stick with BBT3. I used it yesterday and it literally dropped me off in front of my house which is in a condo community. I was impressed. But, I don't like how there is no directional map on it. It's just voice directional. I'm used to looking where my car is going on a map and I like that. (Unless I haven't figured out how to get the map)
    I was thinking the same thing. I haven't messed around w/it a lot but I don't think there's a directional map graphic...my hope is RIM links it w/BB Maps
    11-18-11 07:21 AM
    I was thinking the same thing. I haven't messed around w/it a lot but I don't think there's a directional map graphic...my hope is RIM links it w/BB Maps
    I mentioned LifeInPocket earlier in the thread. It does voice turn-by-turn and will show the directions onscreen. It can map a route via BB Maps but that doesn't seem to be tied to the Nav feature. It can pinpoint an address on a map, but again, not apparently tied to Nav. It lets you see where friends are who also use that feature in LifeInPocket. When you go out shopping, you can mark where you parked and use LifeInPocket to get back there. It has features to find cheap gas nearby, as well as restaurants and businesses, get local traffic and weather.

Yes, it has been updated to work on OS7, but it seems less sensitive in picking up satellites before you go outside. You can select either BB Maps or Google Maps for mapping.
    11-18-11 10:04 AM
    Has anyone figured out if/how you can get the BBT3 voice to route through a Bluetooth earpiece?

That is one feature of Telenav this is nice - would be nice if BBT3 could do it as well.
    It gives me directions through my BlueAnt S4. Perhaps your headset needs A2DP for it to work? I'm just guessing though.
    11-18-11 10:39 AM
    It gives me directions through my BlueAnt S4. Perhaps your headset needs A2DP for it to work? I'm just guessing though.
    That's probably part of it, but there's variation. Slacker Radio redirects to BT if it detects it's on, no matter whether the headset has A2DP or not. LifeInPocket's turn by turn strictly uses the phone's speaker, no BT with or without A2DP.
    11-18-11 11:19 AM
    That seems to be the case. My Plantronics Discovery 975 (not A2DP) gets ignored by BBT3, but it uses my Plantronics Voyager Pro+ (is A2DP). And, in case the latter is of interest, note the +. The Voyager Pro is not A2DP, but the Voyager Pro+ is.
    11-19-11 02:29 AM
    That seems to be the case. My Plantronics Discovery 975 (not A2DP) gets ignored by BBT3, but it uses my Plantronics Voyager Pro+ (is A2DP). And, in case the latter is of interest, note the +. The Voyager Pro is not A2DP, but the Voyager Pro+ is.
    Thanks everyone for the input - yes, kraski, A2DP must be the key - I have two Voyager Pros - neither of them work with BBT3.

I have posted a request in beta zone feedback for the released version to not require A2DP for BT - we'll have to wait and see - I really don't want to buy two new Voyager Pro+ devices just for this feature . . .
    11-19-11 09:52 AM
    Thanks everyone for the input - yes, kraski, A2DP must be the key - I have two Voyager Pros - neither of them work with BBT3.

I have posted a request in beta zone feedback for the released version to not require A2DP for BT - we'll have to wait and see - I really don't want to buy two new Voyager Pro+ devices just for this feature . . .
    IIRC, volume was lower on the Pro+ than the Pro. But still usable. And BBT 3 can be very loud, apparently.

I would suspect that Slacker (and some Android apps I've used in the past) probably direct audio wherever the phone does. So, the code for doing that would be handy in BBT 3. But I'm thinking that ought to be optional, if the code doesn't bloat BBT too much. If I'm alone, going to BT is great. If I'm driving with someone "navigating" or I'm the passenger, speaker is probably better.
    11-19-11 12:18 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD