My 2 blackberry bold 9900 were bricked at night, between 12am to 5am.

If your blackberry also have been bricked in the night please post here.

A lot of users report the same issue only at night could it be a virus that bricks the 9900.

Could it be that the battery overcharge too much and that causes something in the blackberry to brick itself?

It is possible to left more hours the blackberry overcharging in the night than in the day because you don't use it.

I would love to send my blackberry to RIM directly to Canada so they can check what is the problem.

If there is some tech from blackberry that read this please send me a PM and I can send you the blackberry directly to canada so that you can investigate the issue and release a software fix.
    11-13-11 10:16 PM
    Instead of going to my carrier to get a new bold 9900 I am going to wait for a fix to this issue, I could have 10 phones and have the same issue.

Meanwhile blackberry releases a fix I am going to use my old blackberry bold and my iphone 4S
    11-13-11 10:19 PM
    mine have been "bricked" at night around the same time while charging. This has happened 2 or 3 times. I've been one of the lucky ones though; a battery pull fixes it right up. It is frustrating that it's happened though. I'm hoping it doesn't stay in its coma someday. Let me know if you find a fix.
    11-13-11 10:23 PM
    They brick at night, because that's when most people plug them in and leave them charging. It's not a virus. It's not an overcharging issue either.
    11-13-11 10:24 PM
    mine have been "bricked" at night around the same time while charging. This has happened 2 or 3 times. I've been one of the lucky ones though; a battery pull fixes it right up. It is frustrating that it's happened though. I'm hoping it doesn't stay in its coma someday. Let me know if you find a fix.
    Yours didn't brick. If they had, nothing would revive them.

Here's what "bricking" means

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_(electronics)
    Last edited by FBA; 11-13-11 at 10:29 PM.
    11-13-11 10:27 PM
    My 2 blackberry bold 9900 were bricked at night, between 12am to 5am.

If your blackberry also have been bricked in the night please post here.

A lot of users report the same issue only at night could it be a virus that bricks the 9900.

Could it be that the battery overcharge too much and that causes something in the blackberry to brick itself?

It is possible to left more hours the blackberry overcharging in the night than in the day because you don't use it.

I would love to send my blackberry to RIM directly to Canada so they can check what is the problem.

If there is some tech from blackberry that read this please send me a PM and I can send you the blackberry directly to canada so that you can investigate the issue and release a software fix.
    Malware could be blamed only if everyone that has a true "brick" has a malicious app in common, but there is no BlackBerry virus. The culprit for the overnight brick on the charger likely lies in the software or a hardware fault in regards to charging.
    11-13-11 10:30 PM
    Yours nuked, although that usually entails a software reload because battery pulls don't fix the issue.
    11-13-11 10:35 PM
    Mine went dead at night as well.
    11-13-11 11:35 PM
    I try to fix the blackberry with loader.exe, with desktop manager on a windows 7 computer, and with another utility for windows ( right now I don't remeber the name, later will post it because i am not in that computer )

I will try tomorrow with this utility:

JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility

It is strnage because the first time I get the second blackberry I charge it in the day and it was ok. In the night you left more time your phone and maybe the software detects an overcharging and it blocks the phone to avoid internal damage.

I am sure that soon we will have a fix to this issue, meanwhile if you want a bold 9900 wait until it is safe.
    11-14-11 12:43 AM
    11-14-11 01:10 AM
    I just heard from a high level RIM tech that they suspect the TOOTH FAIRY is the cause of these night time problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy, JR A and lostOzone like this.
    11-14-11 02:26 AM
    Mostly trolls imo.
    11-14-11 03:53 AM
    Mine bricked at night aroud midnight, it wasn't fully charged. I charged it from about 75% to 85% and unplugged it before bed, I set my alarm and it randomly reset on me which it has done before but when it reset it gave me the JVM Error...
    11-14-11 06:19 AM
    Mine left me last night while it was recharging. I woke up this morning and it was dead.
    I write on an Italian forum and so far 80% of us 9900 users had this problem in the past 15-20 days.

Sad thing is that RIM doesn't have any facilities in Italy where you can send your handset to be serviced, so it takes forever for a replacement to reach you.
    11-14-11 07:11 AM
    Added thread to the list.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hreads-668265/

Thanks.
    11-14-11 07:31 AM
    Mine left me last night while it was recharging. I woke up this morning and it was dead.
    I write on an Italian forum and so far 80% of us 9900 users had this problem in the past 15-20 days.

Sad thing is that RIM doesn't have any facilities in Italy where you can send your handset to be serviced, so it takes forever for a replacement to reach you.
    I guess evilFANBOYmaster will now have to learn to spell troll in Itanian: strega.

Coragio Zaimbat!
    11-14-11 08:09 PM
    Mine was bricked... count me in... +1
    11-14-11 08:10 PM
    Mine has "shut off", where I could not get the phone turned on. This has happened maybe 4 or 5 times. A battery pull has resolved it every time.

It is always at night. And it does not matter if it is charging or not. It happened this morning, and I know that I did not have it on the charger last night.

Very weird.......
    11-14-11 08:52 PM
    I turn my 9900 off at night to charge at night. In the morning, I turn it on giving it a chance to start anew each day and have done this with each of the five other berries that I have owned before my work 9900.
    11-14-11 09:04 PM
    Five days and no brick.
    11-14-11 09:11 PM
    Five days and no brick.
    Nice. I'm waiting to see if any AT&T users experience the bricking issues. Looking forward to buying this phone, but don't have any confidence that it has been rectified.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-14-11 09:55 PM
    Can you guys please log information on nuked or bricked devices here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cement-668999/

Your PRD number, service provider, made in where.

Thanks.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-14-11 10:11 PM
    Mine bricked at night aroud midnight, it wasn't fully charged. I charged it from about 75% to 85% and unplugged it before bed, I set my alarm and it randomly reset on me which it has done before but when it reset it gave me the JVM Error...
    Could you please post your PRD number and the county of origin here at the thread I posted above?
    Is this match your PRD, country of origin? PRD-39473-001 - Telus - Mexico 4
    Thanks.
    11-14-11 10:13 PM
    Ive got a 9930 on Verizon.Mine won't charge. Ive had it on the charger for hours on end and nothing. I've pulled the battery and still nothing. The LED light flashes red on and off but the phone won't turn on. I turned the phone off last week with almost a full battery charge and left it as it's an extra phone on my Verizon acct. Tried to turn it on tonight and it won't turn on. Had this prob a few weeks ago and was able to get it to charge . Then I updated the OS to the latest official Verizon release and since then it won't turn on.

Guess I'll be making a trip to the Verizon store to see if they can fix it for me. This ticks me off because I've only had the phone a few months, rarely use it, it's in pristine condition and I paid FULL retail price for it!!!
    11-15-11 02:02 AM
    I guess evilFANBOYmaster will now have to learn to spell troll in Itanian: strega.

Coragio Zaimbat!
    Italian you mean.

Troll is troll in Italian too btw.

Strega means Witch.

And it is spelled, Coraggio.
    11-15-11 02:09 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD