Maybe I'm being optimistic but I'm 75% sure RIM will have a BBX Bold.. Just not till the end of next year.. I would definitely hope sooner but with the way I had to wait for the 99xx I doubt it will be.. RIM seriously needsto have a BBX phone with the Bold form factor.. if they all end up full touchscreen next year I'm positive I'll switch to iPhone..

Your thoughts?
    11-13-11 02:52 PM
    I'm sure they will have a keyboard BBX.
    I would buy the all touch BBX just for gadget value.
    Any opinions on form factor? How about a BBX blackberry with a slide out landscape Keyboard. Any takers?
    11-13-11 03:02 PM
    Yeah I picked up the 9930 at the first chance. The thought of a full touchscreen BBX phone didn't spark my interest.
    11-13-11 03:07 PM
    Oh my dear Jesus, how many times does it need to be said before everyone gets it that the first bbx phone will be all touchscreen to compete properly in that market as rim dominates the physical kb market. BBX bold will come.
    meganVee likes this.
    11-13-11 03:10 PM
    i get the it will be all touchscreen to compete. problem is i doubt it can compete. the bbx bold would definitely fair better than an all touch. Name one all touch bb that has competed so far.. and I'd take slide out keyboard bb over all touch also.. would be a nice change up
    11-13-11 03:13 PM
    I am sure they will have a BBX Bold eventually. I am sure after they release a new BBX touchscreen we will see the Bold lineup get a refresh to BBX. You just need to be patient.
    11-13-11 03:20 PM
    Call me crazy but I'm holding onto my 9650 until a bold like bbx phone drops.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-13-11 04:31 PM
    Call me crazy but I'm holding onto my 9650 until a bold like bbx phone drops.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    +1 I agree, the Blackberry keypad is the heart and soul of RIM and should be the main focus on the new BBX phones. Trying to compete in a market that has been unsuccessful in the past (touch screens) will be very difficult. I keep asking myself , where will RIM be a year from now and the same answer keeps coming up......NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE.
    11-13-11 04:42 PM
    Bring on a Bold BBX....I want one!!
    Revampd likes this.
    11-13-11 04:44 PM
    You know.. My money is on a full screen with a vertical sliding tactile keyboard. Similar to the Torch... RIM must come out with a BBX full screen. The whole company's welfare is depending on it. If you look at the big picture, the market has gone to full touch screens. But RIM hangs it hat on tactile keyboards.. So if they can make the full screen for the masses with a sliding vertical keyboard for the BB faithful, I think they'll have a winner. But they will have to make it look as awesome as the Bold with the metal edging and nice form factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 05:55 PM
    You know.. My money is on a full screen with a vertical sliding tactile keyboard. Similar to the Torch... RIM must come out with a BBX full screen. The whole company's welfare is depending on it. If you look at the big picture, the market has gone to full touch screens. But RIM hangs it hat on tactile keyboards.. So if they can make the full screen for the masses with a sliding vertical keyboard for the BB faithful, I think they'll have a winner. But they will have to make it look as awesome as the Bold with the metal edging and nice form factor.

good point.. Call me crazy but i think if app developers would have jumped on board with bb7 and if RIM would've added a front camera to the 99xx it would leap over a lot of competing phones. that said i think the BBX BOLD with front camera touchscreen and dual processor (if it happens. i never count my chickens before they hatch). would succeed very well. A touchscreen BB is a good thing but we all know what can happen when RIM tries to bring out a "groundbreaking" touchscreen..

Storm users feel free to like this post.. jk
    11-13-11 06:01 PM
    Call me crazy, but personally.....I'd be thrilled with an all touch screen berry as long as the 5 function keys are present.

11-13-11 06:07 PM
    Still don't know how they'll release a Bold phone with the BBX resolution of 1024x600 - unless it'll be a landscape slider.
    spike12 and newcollector like this.
    11-13-11 07:21 PM
    Still don't know how they'll release a Bold phone with the BBX resolution of 1024x600 - unless it'll be a landscape slider.
    I was wondering along the same lines as your thoughts as well.. If they did keep the resolution as they stated they would for qnx phones it would be a killer screen to look at.
    11-13-11 08:08 PM
    Quite simply, I would have gotten an android if not for the physical keyboard on my torch. I tried out a bunch of different phones and this one had "it all". It'd be hard for me to switch to touch only after being so spoiled. BB has the BEST keyboards period.

11-13-11 08:29 PM
    bb will really have outdo themselves by 2013.will jump to android even before considering going back to apple.android has become very intriguing and their features is exactly what a consumer wants for a super smartphone.
    11-13-11 09:54 PM
    I'd like a torch on verizon!!!!!!!!!! with bbx i mean.
    11-13-11 10:47 PM
    RIM does not have any direction, they are coming out with a new OS and its new phones that just came out wont get an option for an update, y buy any of there new phones now? i bought the 9930 when it came out. RIM is lacking apps that makes it fun between user and user communication. apple and android has cross platform apps. if u were a programmer, y would u waste ur time making an app for those phones when the new ones wont support it?
    Last edited by nyplaya610; 11-14-11 at 01:16 AM.
    11-14-11 01:11 AM
    i for one am a huge fan of the Bold 9900 keyboard and will definately not switch to the all Touch BBX Phone. that being said i would love to see a Bold BBX device, i know screen size is crucial but i did not like the slider feature of my Torch and couldnt wait for AT&T to release the 9900 because i prefer not to have my keyboard hidden. i can see the BBX Bold being a bit bigger than 9900 probably a bit bigger than the 9000, bigger i mean longer and wider to accomodate for the screen gestures but still have the 5 main buttons and the keyboard.
    11-30-11 11:42 AM
    Even if a BBX Bold comes out it will probably be too late for me. My hardware upgrade is in early March and the Droid 4 looks pretty good. I would bet on a the first BBX phones to not be LTE either.
    12-01-11 02:21 PM
    RIM has been gnawing at their nails on the form the migration to BBX will take. Top most being creating a clear lineage of the BBX devices without losing too much of the Blackberry feel. I wonder if we have seen the last of the Torch, Curve, Bold, Pearl, Style, Storm (ok that one is already dead) names in the future line up.
    Plenty theories abound on what they will eventually do but personally i will just wait and see. It's much easier.
    One thing is certain, i will wind up with the BBX phone.
    12-01-11 02:32 PM
    According to Kevin's article on the BBX phones and timelines for 2012 it looks like we will get our wish of the BBX Bold and its codename is "Nevada". Rumor has it will be released Novemberish which works for me because that is when my upgrade is available on AT&T. I sure hope AT&T will carry this device at 1st chance...

12-03-11 08:38 AM
    The first one out really should be all touch as it has been stated it will be, that is a given and where the majority of the market is. Yes they need to make a full keyboard version but I really hope it is more in line with the 9790 rather than the 9900 as the 9900 is much too big...

I also hope the abandon the fugly Porsche design that we've seen floating around, that is beyond the ugliest design on the planet...

PG
    12-03-11 10:28 AM

I am with you. I am a full convert to the BB9810. I think that it is the best device form factor for me and my general use case - which is alot of reading and alot of messaging. It is also unique to the entire phone world (save for a few niche phone) - no one has tried to replicate it. Dell Venue Pro tried - but they messed that up, Palm Pre - oh well.

What I would like to see is the highest pixel screen that makes sense in about a 4 inch screen in a slightly longer (3/8 in more only) Torch (screen pushed to the edges like other phones are starting to do). Same keyboard (no wider phone), with all the same buttons and trackpad - and a little thinner. BB could take the same approach as the new Mot Razr and Droid 4 - super thin for the touch guys, but then add keyboard for those of us who need it. And, the keyboard has got to be vertical. I can't stand that sideways crap. I think that the droid phones fail to recognize that we do not want our thumbs having to travel all over yonder in a broader keyboard.
    12-04-11 01:11 PM
    My only gripe about the Torch is the keys need to stick out more.

Or maybe I just need to get used to it. But I'd prefer it if the key stuck out more.
    12-04-11 11:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD