Hi guys,

My 9900 had an endless rebooting loop,and a Jvm 545 error after that. fixed it by reloading theOs and that resulted in my antenna refusing to turn on, when I turn on it turns off after a few seconds without getting any signal at all. Just installed the 474 version and this as well did not help. What else can I try?
    thnx!
    11-11-11 05:17 PM
    It's called a radio. Try reinserting the sim card.
    11-11-11 08:22 PM
    A lot of people are having issues with this phone... you may want to search the forums for more data.
    11-11-11 09:36 PM
    Haven't seen this issue before, but if you reload the OS, do a full device/OS wipe 1st...
    Omedave likes this.
    11-11-11 10:29 PM
    Haven't seen this issue before, but if you reload the OS, do a full device/OS wipe 1st...
    Im going to try this,Ill keep you all posted on this matter
    11-12-11 04:39 AM
    I had the same issue. I let my 9900 battery run down so far that the radio turned off. When I then charged it up the phone turned off on me. I was lucky, I didn't brick it; the OS still loaded okay however from that moment on the radio didn't work properly. I can get data over wifi fine but I intermittently can't get data over 2G. Although the phone shows 3 or 4 bars of GPRS or EDGE I can't make or receive calls, apps suing data just hang. It sometimes works for 10 minutes and then stops again.

I have tried my SIM in my old 9700 and it works fine so it's not that. I have tried in multiple locations and it is the same. I have wiped my device and reinstalled the OS and that didn't work (I tried .474. and the stock vodafone .296). I have re-inserted the SIM and that makes no difference. In the end I called Vodafone and it is being exchanged on Tuesday. They were very quick to offer the exchange and didn't even get me to check possible solutions. I wonder if the number of people having issues with this phone has made them more willing to offer an exchange.

I hope you get your issue sorted but it sounds very similar to my problem with this device. My only solution was to return the phone.
    Omedave likes this.
    11-12-11 05:37 AM
    Ok,tried it. Resulted in an error. And all the 9900 does now is a red light blinking twice and thats it.....anyone?
    11-12-11 06:04 AM
    Ok,tried it. Resulted in an error. And all the 9900 does now is a red light blinking twice and thats it.....anyone?
    It is now BRICKED!
    Omedave likes this.
    11-12-11 06:07 AM
    It is now BRICKED!
    Lol,I was afraid so. Too bad, Finally a good BB with good specs.....and RIM still seems to mess up, Who am I kidding?!
    11-12-11 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD