Please help me. I recently purchased a blackberry bold and I cannot update my contacts from my mac. I have downloaded the pocketmac and I was able to sync some of my contacts. When I updated my address book, the new contacts would not sync with the blackberry. I've been at it for 8 hours...my eyes are weary and teary. Please help
    08-30-08 02:25 PM
    Let me know how you get on as I have two Bolds arriving this week and will need to do the same.

I was told the software that comes with the Bold also works on Mac, did that not work.

Ned
    08-30-08 03:12 PM
    Please help me. I recently purchased a blackberry bold and I cannot update my contacts from my mac. I have downloaded the pocketmac and I was able to sync some of my contacts. When I updated my address book, the new contacts would not sync with the blackberry. I've been at it for 8 hours...my eyes are weary and teary. Please help
    Pay for "missing sync" as oppose to using the free pocketmac.

pocket mac NEVER worked properly for me so I paid for missing sync which works perfectly.

good luck
    08-30-08 04:36 PM
    I am not really going to help you ... most likely confuse.

I have not been able to get MissingSYNC to work since I purchased it 6 weeks ago.

I got PocketMAC to work with my Curve and then when I upgraded to my BOLD last week it went straight into sync and completed the sync.

In the preferences before you sync ... start only with iCAL and ADDRESS and uncheck all the other boxes before syncing.
    08-30-08 05:34 PM
    I was getting frustrated with PocketMac too (sync skipped, error code 4) until I discovered that I needed to USE THE MINI-USB CABLE THAT CAME WITH THE BOLD instead of the one that I normally use with my digital camera! I also had to fill in the "My BlackBerry handheld requires a password for use" on the Connection tab, and I had to agree to enable the mounting of the Bold as a drive. Conversely, in my XP under Parallels I have to say NO to that drive mounting if I want to use the Windows synch software.

When my digital camera's AVI movies using Motion-JPEG didn't show the video (just the audio), I converted them using the program ffmpegx to MPEG-4 (H.264 codec), 416x312 resolution (4:3 aspect ratio), NTSC 29.97 fps, 800 kbps, AAC 128 audio -- and they play beautifully now full-screen!
    08-30-08 05:58 PM
    Pay for "missing sync" as oppose to using the free pocketmac.

pocket mac NEVER worked properly for me so I paid for missing sync which works perfectly.

good luck
    GREAT TIP! MISSING SYNC WORKS PERFECTLY WITH THE MAC
    Last edited by AllMac; 09-03-08 at 10:30 AM.
    08-30-08 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD