I've put up with this for quite a while (and I've searched before posting but couldn't find much relating to the latest version) but does anyone elses Appworld lag like a ...? I have the latest version and reboot almost everyday (so I know a battery pull won't change anything) but Appworld is so laggy its almost unuseable at times. It takes ages to load the initial screen then if I select anything again I have to wait quite a while for it to load, if I type anything into the search box I have to wait before the text will even appear, then wait again while it loads the results. I haven't timed it but the backlight is set to fade out after 20 seconds and it usually fades out 3-4 times (with me pressing swiping the trackpad to re-light it) before anything loads.

Does anyone else find this is the case? If not does anyone know anything I could try to speed it up a bit?

Edit - Forgot to mention that holding ALT and pressing R, S, T causes App World to freeze up, the only way I can get out of it is turning the phone off and back on (not battery pull) which brings up a box saying that App World was not responding so was terminated.
    Last edited by GreenBerry84; 11-10-11 at 12:37 PM.
    11-10-11 12:10 PM
    App World does seem quite slow at times. You didn't metion anything else lagging, but how is your signal?

Resetting AW should cause it to freeze for at least a minute, then cause it to close.
    11-10-11 12:48 PM
    App world on my phone is really slow. Lots of spinning clock and sometimes takes forever to load. Resetting app world makes no difference. Never had this problem with other version and even the beta never did that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 01:02 PM
    App World does seem quite slow at times. You didn't metion anything else lagging, but how is your signal?

Resetting AW should cause it to freeze for at least a minute, then cause it to close.
    I'm on WI-FI when this happens most of the time, I live in a basement flat signal is not great so for most things WI-FI is a must. Nothing else lags and hasn't since I got the phone middle of last year, this included App World until the latest release. Yeah the reset used to do exactly that in all the other versions I've had, but now it freezes until I use the 'fix' that I described in the OP.

11-10-11 01:26 PM
    Yup, i got 99 problems and App World is definitely one.
    11-10-11 02:28 PM
    Well it's has a lag for sure.
    But maybe your torch is busy doing something else. Check the options, phone, apps for any apps taking up some CPU time.
    After boot the media app will do a rescan of you media files on the sd-card.
    11-11-11 04:58 AM
    I do find that App World 3 is quite laggy. If I can find it I might consider going back to App World 2.0 as it seems much more responsive.

I'm hoping that this is one of the apps that RIM continues to improve as more apps are developed for the BB platform.
    11-11-11 06:39 AM
    AW3 is a bloated bugger. If I can find a Torch version of AW2, I'll post it up.

You may find deleting this helps. It will rebuild, but if you spend a lot of time searching AW, can get darn big.

joe_barrett_23 likes this.
    11-11-11 08:25 AM
    I'm with the op. The newest upgrade is terrible. I used to spend hours searching aw and now I hardly go in. Also I need to login to see myworld which wasn't the case before. I don't know the name of my last version becausE sometimes I don't bother with the upgrades, but the featured apps came up first thing in a carousel and the menu was along the bottom. Would love to have that one back.

11-11-11 08:35 PM
    11-12-11 09:21 AM
    BBW are those ota and which one should I pick? Thanks! I don't have computer and do everything ota

11-12-11 10:10 AM
    BBAW very laggy! Frustrating, wi-fi/no wi/fi, fresh boot/hours into use. Regardless - painfully slow. No other apps act like that.
    11-12-11 10:20 AM
    Not sure if this is true or not but I thought I read somewhere that BB locked out wi-fi when it comes to messages and app world. Does anyone know for sure? That would explain some of the lag if its data plan only and your on a slower network or have a weak signal.

Edit:
    I just tried turning off my network and leaving my wi-fi on and it wouldn't connect to app world. Guess that answers my question.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by staffman28; 11-12-11 at 11:21 AM.
    11-12-11 11:15 AM
    11-12-11 12:01 PM
    You're awesome! That's the I love! Thank you BBW

11-12-11 04:25 PM
    I have noticed this lag too. I also have the problem on my playbook App World as well, so I figured it was just a BB server side issue overall and would work itself out with future builds. I have been trying to be patient with BB on a whole.

One other problem I have noted since the lagging began - I have bricked my torch several times when downloading a few apps (Vlingo being one). I would not imagine this is related, but the problem began when the lag began. Without changing the topic anyone else noticed this coincidence?

Posted using Tapatalk for Blackberry
    11-12-11 07:34 PM
    I have noticed this lag too. I also have the problem on my playbook App World as well, so I figured it was just a BB server side issue overall and would work itself out with future builds. I have been trying to be patient with BB on a whole.

One other problem I have noted since the lagging began - I have bricked my torch several times when downloading a few apps (Vlingo being one). I would not imagine this is related, but the problem began when the lag began. Without changing the topic anyone else noticed this coincidence?

By chance, did it happen to reboot as the install was completing, and then go into a continuous reboot?
    11-13-11 12:23 AM
    AW3 is a bloated bugger. If I can find a Torch version of AW2, I'll post it up.

You may find deleting this helps. It will rebuild, but if you spend a lot of time searching AW, can get darn big.

Click to view quoted image
    This made a huge difference! I was also experiencing extremely long lag when opening app world just like the OP. Just deleted that image file & AW loaded 100x faster. Still a little lag but nothing worth complaining about. Thanks for the tip.
    11-14-11 06:17 PM
    By chance, did it happen to reboot as the install was completing, and then go into a continuous reboot?

Actually that is exactly what happens! It has happened with several other apps too! Any idea?

11-15-11 06:59 AM
    Actually that is exactly what happens! It has happened with several other apps too! Any idea?

Never found a cause. Happened on my girlfriend's 9800 4 times in less than 2 weeks. I tried a different OS, each time I brought it back to life. Finally convinced at&t to replace the unit. Been fine since.
    11-15-11 07:29 AM
    Never found a cause. Happened on my girlfriend's 9800 4 times in less than 2 weeks. I tried a different OS, each time I brought it back to life. Finally convinced at&t to replace the unit. Been fine since.
    Yeah I have used the app loader to bring up my app list and simply deleted the file, then phone boots fine. With Vlingo I did reinstall with success, but AP world for example 3 separate attempts on different days even has done that every time. It is almost to the point I cringe at the thought of upgrading or downloading a new app. Maybe I will hit ATT up on this since it is limiting me.

Thanks for the input

11-15-11 04:34 PM
    Uh oh BBW I deleted the img file AND the logs file. I hope I didn't mess up. Sort of misunderstood.

11-17-11 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD