When did the theme tab showup in app world?? Only one in there now and it is pretty lame.
    11-09-11 05:33 PM
    Just saw it myself about 10 min ago. Wasn't there yesterday. Seems to me more like it should have been called Wallpaper not Themes as the only thing it looks like is offered there so far is a couple of holiday wallpapers.

Mike
    11-09-11 05:39 PM
    It was in there for me yesterday. Again looked lame so quickly moved away
    11-09-11 05:47 PM
    Was coming to post on this myself. Yeah, it pretty lame, $1.99 for a holiday wallpaper. Whoo......hoo
    11-09-11 05:47 PM
    Hay! Don't you guys remember when the PB came out. The selection of apps was almost non-existent. Give the 'developers' a little time and we will be flooded with more 'themes' then we can use.
    I hope we don't get a lot of 'ebook' and 'local map' type themes
    Last edited by mandony; 11-09-11 at 06:03 PM.
    11-09-11 06:01 PM
    Well RIM said that if there were enough interest they would look into a theme builder for the PB. I've not heard of any Theme tools that developers could use for the PB right now. It would be cool though. In the meantime, I don't want to see a bunch of wallpapers being made out to be actual themes.
    11-09-11 06:12 PM
    I just got a small update, i guess it pushed itself through that.
    11-09-11 06:15 PM
    Hah, I am getting tired of the ebook apps also. Give me a break with those already. I would like to see download counts. If people are buying that christmas theme thing I am gonna start making "themes" and listing them!!
    11-09-11 07:07 PM
    Of course, it's not really much of a theme, since the PlayBook doesn't support any customization like that except for the wallpaper.

The "theme" is really just an app with some canned images that you can page through, and a "save" button. Once you've saved an image, you move over to the pictures app which is currently the only place you can assign a wallpaper, find the saved image, and make it your wallpaper.
    11-09-11 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD