I am currently using a BB torch 9800 a guy I work with is selling a iphone 3GS for $50 I'm looking to see if going from the torch to iphone is a good idea my torch nuked on me the other day and I spent 5 hours pulling my hair out to reload the OS what do you guys think about the iphone?
    Last edited by miah84; 11-10-11 at 09:01 PM.
    11-08-11 06:10 AM
    I am currently using a BB torch 9800 a guy I work with is selling a iphone I think its a 3 for $50 I'm looking to see if going from the torch to iphone is a good idea my torch nuked on me the other day and I spent 5 hours pulling my hair out to reload the OS what do you guys think about the iphone?
    keyboard,battery life,data compression,led notification,email ,removable battery,bbm,call quality..............if any of these are not important to U get an iphone

LONG LIVE THE RIMPIRE
    11-08-11 07:01 AM
    Every time the opportunity comes along I spend time in the local stores playing with all the phones on display. Still looking for anything that comes close to the 98xx series in my hands for my purposes.

Good luck to you. I hope you find what you wish somewhere. For me BB reigns.
    11-08-11 07:04 AM
    keyboard,battery life,data compression,led notification,email ,removable battery,bbm,call quality..............if any of these are not important to U get an iphone

LONG LIVE THE RIMPIRE
    thats true, laughed when i read this lol, the only thing that i can say iPhone is best for with the 4S and the 4S only is Siri and the front camera for skype and **** tho i wouldnt use it, but the rest, even apps, blackberry is getting better everyday, got 9 games on my torch 9800 and they all rock
    11-08-11 06:09 PM
    I sent my torch away this morning for screen repair and using husbands iPhone 4 been trying to surf the web consistently all day with no luck especially while I'm on the go.. We met for lunch break and he asked me how it's going with his phone I said the internet is shotty he said I like how you always put my phone down and I said I like how you think I'm putting it down but all I did was state a fact..lol!

Anyways bottom line is it takes me like 10mins to do something that it would take 2mins to do on my bb..like respond to this post
    Last edited by msmara; 11-08-11 at 10:33 PM.
    guerllamo7 and joju58 like this.
    11-08-11 10:30 PM

LONG LIVE THE RIMPIRE
    Depends on what you primarily use your phone for. If it is for making calls and sending SMS's it probably doesn't really matter as both platforms do the job well.

But if you rely on the above points that carullo mentioned, as well as having a tighter integration of apps which saves time to share data between social platforms, awesome multi tasking as well as being a better overall communication device. I would stick with the 9800 (I'm a little bias )

On the other hand, if you want a greater variety of apps, games, better camera, bigger screen, touch keyboard and the 'cool factor' the iPhone. For me it comes down to the difference between a tool you use everyday or a phone with cool apps. I use mine as a tool.

Every person is different and it really comes down to your individual wants and needs in a phone. I would recomend what sedalia066 mentioned and play around in a local phone shop and figure out what is right for you.
    11-09-11 07:05 AM
    heres the update i got the i phone and its awesome i did like the bb but i cant remember why and im not trying to be funny theres many reasons im digging the i phone but heres a big one right now im watching espn live for FREE college football on the go now thats a tool so far the only thing not perfect is the reception but its good enough (not as good as my torch though score on for the bb) but as far as battery it last about as long as my torch at the end of a 12 hour shift i have to charge both so no big difference there, im over the keyboard the only thing i really miss is the trackball and led? no biggie, removable battery? to be honest i was tired of pulling my bb battery, call quality is no different except i can actually hear my phone call on the i phone the bb was way to quiet i guess to sum it up anybody wanna buy a blackberry torch?
    11-10-11 08:49 PM
    thats true, laughed when i read this lol, the only thing that i can say iPhone is best for with the 4S and the 4S only is Siri and the front camera for skype and **** tho i wouldnt use it, but the rest, even apps, blackberry is getting better everyday, got 9 games on my torch 9800 and they all rock
    and a far as this goes bb apps are crap a lot of them are already features pre installed on the i phone. You know what they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. and like i said above i have an app on my i phone that lets me watch 4 espn channels LIVE for FREE what does bb have that even comes close to that? and games i wont even go there because i feel as though im starting to bash bb and i really dont wanna do that because they are fine devices just not what i wanted i guess
    11-10-11 08:58 PM
    Same reason I went IPhone, BB is fine device but the apps are really lacking. Plus I can't depend on Rim for anything. (early 1st day playbook user) promises don't cut it unless you deliver, if they did I would have the 9930.
    11-10-11 11:26 PM
    I sent my torch away this morning for screen repair and using husbands iPhone 4 been trying to surf the web consistently all day with no luck especially while I'm on the go.. We met for lunch break and he asked me how it's going with his phone I said the internet is shotty he said I like how you always put my phone down and I said I like how you think I'm putting it down but all I did was state a fact..lol!

Anyways bottom line is it takes me like 10mins to do something that it would take 2mins to do on my bb..like respond to this post
    Really? Are you on edge? My iPhone is a killer web browser, and everyone I know with an iPhone has never complained about the browsing experience. Ten minutes to respond to a post on crackberry? That just can't be true. After owning the 980@ and the 9810, there is no way things are easier. The beauty of its is the simplicity. Crazy.
    11-10-11 11:37 PM
    Really? Are you on edge? My iPhone is a killer web browser, and everyone I know with an iPhone has never complained about the browsing experience. Ten minutes to respond to a post on crackberry? That just can't be true. After owning the 980@ and the 9810, there is no way things are easier. The beauty of its is the simplicity. Crazy.
    The browser is serviceable. More serviceable than blackberry's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-11-11 12:52 AM
    I went from a Blackberry 9650 to a new Iphone4s. I was worried about a lot of things when I made the switch,but honestly this Iphone4s has been more than enjoyable to use.

I was a power blackberry user. I was on it all day long and was addicted to the blinking red light and "instant" email. Those were two of my main concerns when switching. Both were unfounded concerns. My email has never been an issue on the 4s. It's never even come close to being an issue in terms of it being "instant". Everythign The blinking red light, while nice to see for purposes of knowing when I got a new whatever, it is nice not having it. I am way more relaxed about using my phone. I don't always check the phone every two seconds and look for that light. The iphone has honestly allowed me to relax. My psychologist girlfriend has even commented on it. lol.

The email in general on my iphone is 10x better than it was on my blackberry. It loads faster and displays images without any hesitation. Never had that on my blackberry. Just doesn't compare in my opinion.

I was worried about the keyboard, but I've learned to type just as fast on my iphone virtual keyboard. Not even a major issue anymore.

After my concerns, the iphone just flat out works. The apps are amazing, the way the location stuff works is just crazy. I find myself always wondering how I managed to enjoy using a blackberry since 2007. I made the switch and just love it.

I'm also a Blackberry Playbook owner, since day one and I think that the only way they will compete with Apple and Android is by really bringing it strong with the new BBX. I have hope that I can eventually come back to a Blackberry, but it definitely won't happen any time soon. I love my Iphone4s and all my friends who hear me say that are shocked because they know my love of (well used to love) Blackberry.

Just my thoughts and opinion, that's all
    11-11-11 09:56 AM
    heres the update i got the i phone and its awesome i did like the bb but i cant remember why and im not trying to be funny theres many reasons im digging the i phone but heres a big one right now im watching espn live for FREE college football on the go now thats a tool so far the only thing not perfect is the reception but its good enough (not as good as my torch though score on for the bb) but as far as battery it last about as long as my torch at the end of a 12 hour shift i have to charge both so no big difference there, im over the keyboard the only thing i really miss is the trackball and led? no biggie, removable battery? to be honest i was tired of pulling my bb battery, call quality is no different except i can actually hear my phone call on the i phone the bb was way to quiet i guess to sum it up anybody wanna buy a blackberry torch?
    I have to tell you, every time I pick up an iPhone I know why I like my bb better, I'm not being funny. My battery is starting to show signs of a 2 year old battery, but I am much more productive on my bb cause I can do what I need to do faster.
    11-11-11 12:06 PM
    I'm glad you found a phone you like. I came from the 9800 and am loving my 4S! It's like night and day. The phone is so fast, the OS is smooth and fluid. No hang ups.

I love the touchscreen keyboard with autocorrect and keyboard shortcuts, I type way faster on my iPhone than I did on my 9800.

It's all about personal preference. What you may need out of a device may not be what I need out of one. Enjoy!
    11-12-11 07:24 AM
    I'm glad you found a phone you like. I came from the 9800 and am loving my 4S! It's like night and day. The phone is so fast, the OS is smooth and fluid. No hang ups.

I love the touchscreen keyboard with autocorrect and keyboard shortcuts, I type way faster on my iPhone than I did on my 9800.

It's all about personal preference. What you may need out of a device may not be what I need out of one. Enjoy!
    same situation for me, except i came from the 9650. I love everything about the iPhone in itself. I thought i would have withdrawls after using bb's for 4+yrs, but i can say i havent skipped a beat at all

As moiselles said, its all bout preferrence and what YOU need out of your device. Everyone is different, what works great for you may not be so great for another
    11-12-11 08:23 AM
    While I don't know that the 3gs is the greatest phone for $50 I guess you can't go wrong. iPhones are great for people that don't ever want to mess with their phone and don't mind doing things the apple way even if that means you can't do something you want to but apple does not see it that way.
    msmara likes this.
    11-12-11 08:51 AM
    I went from a Blackberry 9650 to a new Iphone4s. I was worried about a lot of things when I made the switch,but honestly this Iphone4s has been more than enjoyable to use.

I was a power blackberry user. I was on it all day long and was addicted to the blinking red light and "instant" email. Those were two of my main concerns when switching. Both were unfounded concerns. My email has never been an issue on the 4s. It's never even come close to being an issue in terms of it being "instant". Everythign The blinking red light, while nice to see for purposes of knowing when I got a new whatever, it is nice not having it. I am way more relaxed about using my phone. I don't always check the phone every two seconds and look for that light. The iphone has honestly allowed me to relax. My psychologist girlfriend has even commented on it. lol.

The email in general on my iphone is 10x better than it was on my blackberry. It loads faster and displays images without any hesitation. Never had that on my blackberry. Just doesn't compare in my opinion.

I was worried about the keyboard, but I've learned to type just as fast on my iphone virtual keyboard. Not even a major issue anymore.

After my concerns, the iphone just flat out works. The apps are amazing, the way the location stuff works is just crazy. I find myself always wondering how I managed to enjoy using a blackberry since 2007. I made the switch and just love it.
    all true! the more i use the i phone the more i love it. like the commercial says theres an app for that is true and its probably free.
    11-12-11 03:14 PM
    While I don't know that the 3gs is the greatest phone for $50 I guess you can't go wrong. iPhones are great for people that don't ever want to mess with their phone and don't mind doing things the apple way even if that means you can't do something you want to but apple does not see it that way.
    it seems apples way is a great way to do it and its easily the best 50 bucks ive ever spent
    11-12-11 03:18 PM

there is no comparison to the browser on my i phone to the torch. the last part of your statment should be the other way around only its 1min and mines not even a 4 only a 3gs and it beats the torch by a landslide on how fast i can surf
    11-12-11 03:22 PM
    Hmmm... I'm a BB fan but in the interest of fairness, I would suggest that if you go for the iPhone, then consider the iPhone4. The 3GS specs are just not what they need to be today. The 3GS was awesome when it came out but the iP4 blows it away in just about everything. The 4 is is 1 second slower for internet speed tests the the 4S and for that you would have to pay about 100 bucks more so on value I would stick to the 4.

There is an issue with the iP4S on battery. The 5.0.1 upgrade may not have fixed it. Here is an article on it. Please don't think I'm trying to bash it. We have issues on BlackBerry land as well but this info is relevant to your question.

Apple's iOS5.0.1 Does *Not* Fix Battery Problems - Forbes

I don't like some of apples corporate behavior so I will never buy an iPhone but that is my problem. If you feel the iPhone is what will make you happy then I suggest the iP4 over the iP 3GS. I just think it is past its prime. Besides the iPhone 4 is a beautiful device.

If you like the phone you have then it is the right one for you. Good luck.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-12-11 at 03:39 PM.
    11-12-11 03:31 PM
    there is no comparison to the browser on my i phone to the torch. the last part of your statment should be the other way around only its 1min and mines not even a 4 only a 3gs and it beats the torch by a landslide on how fast i can surf
    Speed of loading a webpage is not everything, try uploading a photo to this forum for example, or find a key word in the webpage, on a BB you just press F and type the word.
    What about sending the webpage or a link to sms, I M client, facebook, twitter etc etc, two clicks away on a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 04:17 PM
    belfastdispatcher,

I totally agree. I have a Bold 9930 myself and there is nothing better on the planet for me but the OP was asking about the iPhone.
    11-12-11 05:12 PM
    I am currently using a BB torch 9800 a guy I work with is selling a iphone 3GS for $50 I'm looking to see if going from the torch to iphone is a good idea my torch nuked on me the other day and I spent 5 hours pulling my hair out to reload the OS what do you guys think about the iphone?
    50 bucks? I would buy it and resell it asap.

11-12-11 05:14 PM
    To be fair the battery 'issue' didn't affect everyone. Not me nor my husband before or after the update. It seemed to be for people on carriers with spotty coverage and that's not exactly Apples fault.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-12-11 05:36 PM
    I'll give you a challenge, open a webpage and find a keyword in it, see which phone is faster, BB or iphone.
    Or open this forum page and upload a picture to it, see which phone is faster in browser use, the iphone or BB.
    Find a webpage you like and post it to facebook/twitter, see which one is faster.
    Find a webpage and send the link to an sms contact, see which one is faster.

The speed of loading a page does not tell the full story.

11-13-11 11:09 AM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD