I'm a runner and use my BB for music and the Adidas app to track my running. About to get a new 9900 and was wondering if anyone knows if such a thing as a "sport" case exists? One that would have some sort of protection from the elements. I've seen the Overboard water proof case but don't think that would be ideal as the headphone jack is on the side and would interfere with the case I'm guessing. Any other ideas anyone?
    11-07-11 05:18 PM
    I bought a universal arm band for android phones at best buy and it works great. I use bluetooth headphones though but I'm sure headphones would not be a problem with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 09:06 PM
    Hi! I had pretty much the same problem. I run and bike, and this often happens in the rain (it's rainy season here 6 months out of a year, and that's not counting the typhoons.) I used to just have a ziplock bag over my phone with a rubber band sealing the bit where my earphones would stick out. The problem with that, though, is that it just jostles around in mypocket and could even fall out if I'm not paying attention. Luckily, my officemate is a triathlete in training and he turned me onto the H20 Audio Amphibx. He runs and bikes (and surfs!) with it strapped to his arm with no problems. You can get a pair of sealed waterproof headphones to go with it. Unfortunately, without the earphones, the unit isn't sealed. But if you ask them nicely, they'll ship you the little nubs they use for their little joke videos. They look like little more than their actual earphones chopped off at the wire, but if it seals perfectly then it's no difference to me. This is useful if you want to use bluetooth sport headphones instead of the wired ones (like Motorola S9's.)

I actually just got my set today, so I haven't been able to try it on myself. I have a run tomorrow morning, though, and a bit of trail time with the bike in the afternoon, so I'll see how it goes and let you know. :-)
    11-08-11 02:57 AM
    Oops, sorry! I forgot to mention that I'm also using a Bold 9900 and I've tried it on - it fits the case perfectly. I order the "H20 Amphibx Fit (Large) Lightweight Waterproof Armband For iPhone, All Large MP3 Players and Phones." and the "Surge Waterproof Headset" for when I need to take calls.

By the by, is there any particular reason you use the Adidas miCoach? Because I'm using Endomondo Pro and have found it does a pretty good job of tracking me.
    11-08-11 03:02 AM
    The Amphibx looks like just the thing I need, thanks. Basically, I use the Adidas app because it's free and does what I want it to do. I just looked at Endomondo. I think I looked at it in it's early stages and don't remember nearly as many features as there are now on the free version. May be worth looking at again.
    11-08-11 05:13 AM
    You"re welcome! I hope you manage to get and enjoy one! I took it out for a spin today and enjoyed using it very much. It got the phone out of my pocket and made it accessible. Though it didn't rain today, I dunked the phone in a basin of water and it held up admirably. :-)

I seriously recommend checking the pro version of the Endomondo app out! There are a lot of good features in it now, definitely worth the price. :-)
    11-08-11 10:09 AM
    I found a supplier in Canada that sells the Amphibx and I will look at Endomondo when I get my new 9900 for sure.
    11-08-11 10:35 AM
    i've been looking for something like for a while now. I just have a few questions. How easy is it to navigate through the phone? Do you have to take it off your arm everytime you want to do something on the phone?
    11-26-11 02:11 PM
    i've been looking for something like for a while now. I just have a few questions. How easy is it to navigate through the phone? Do you have to take it off your arm everytime you want to do something on the phone?
    To be honest, it's not that easy. With the touchscreen of the 9900, it's admittedly easier than having to wrestle with the trackpad. The larger surface area makes it easier to navigate than swiping at the trackpad. But be warned that you may want to squeeze all of the air out of the Amphibx before you seal it so air pockets don't interfere with you trying to touch the screen.

It's also quite difficult to do anything like typing on it as the placement on your arm makes it awkward to reach the keys and look at the screen (working it means trying to do things upside down. I imagine it's not such an issue for full touchscreen phones with a landscape orientation - you can just flip the screen sideways for a better look.) So I've pretty much just resorted to using it just for Endomondo and for calls - which is all I'd really want to do while working out anyway.

Then again, you could always try getting around it with vlingo. :-)
    11-27-11 07:35 AM

Then again, you could always try getting around it with vlingo. :-)
    ...which is free through the end of the year as part of RIM's, "Sorry for turning your BlackBerries into Palm Pilots for 2 weeks" gift.
    12-27-11 02:42 PM
    01-29-12 05:57 AM
    You can get generic arm band straps for like $2.88 from ebay,

I haven't seen any in retail stores. All the custom cases I have ever seen for blackberries are those rubber/gel cases, belt clips and otterboxes
    01-30-12 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD