Hi, a friend of mine just switched to the 9930 and she says she can no longer edit her 'reply' or 'forward' emails before sending them off to the next recipient. She says she was able to do with her prior BB which was the lavendar curve from Verizon (sorry, I don't remember the model number)............

I've read in another post I found by searching that this is only possible with some additional software that you can purchase for the phone, but those posts were two years old.

Is this still the case, or are we both missing something? I've never tried to edit my outgoing emails that were sent to me from another person, so I didn't know this was an issue.

Thanks for your insights!
    11-07-11 11:53 AM
    Whomever stated that 3rd party software is required to edit email on a BlackBerry is mistaken. Select reply/forward, edit, then send. Same as it's always been.
    11-07-11 12:10 PM
    I believe the OP is correct. If you reply or forward a message, you cannot change the contents of the original messages. You can remove them, but you cannot edit them without 3rd party software.
    11-07-11 12:22 PM
    Whomever stated that 3rd party software is required to edit email on a BlackBerry is mistaken. Select reply/forward, edit, then send. Same as it's always been.
    Actually that is not happening...

At least on 9700 and ALL OS versions I have used so far... when reply/forward it is not possible to edit the "forwarded" mail only able to write the New text..

Only way to edit- is to mark & copy txt - and paste into a new e-mail...
    Smmrgrl likes this.
    11-07-11 12:23 PM
    I believe the OP is correct. If you reply or forward a message, you cannot change the contents of the original messages. You can remove them, but you cannot edit them without 3rd party software.
    I retract my original statement, this is correct.

Actually that is not happening...

At least on 9700 and ALL OS versions I have used so far... when reply/forward it is not possible to edit the "forwarded" mail only able to write the New text..

Only way to edit- is to mark & copy txt - and paste into a new e-mail...
    And that was the solution I was about to offer.
    11-07-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD