Hey guys! So I just got my curve about 2 weeks ago and the other day while useing it I felt something was off on the back plate of the phone. Well on further inspection I found that the fron faceplate is actually warped almost. It just dosent fit properly. I guess I'm gonna go down to verizon and see what they can do but has anyone else had this happen? And anyone think verizon gonna make a big stink saying I droped it or tried to pull plate off? I don't know I'm sad and upset at the same time. What y'all think I should do?
    08-30-08 05:35 AM
    You should certainly take it back.

Be nice. Smile and be clear. The guys in the store can give you a new phone or not. You have to convince them to do so.

Good luck.
    08-30-08 05:41 AM
    I have not encountered that prob here. Not sure if you have insurance for your new curve but that might help your case on getting a brand new phone or not. A refurb could also be a possibility?? Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 11:48 AM
    I bought my phone 2 weeks ago and the back cover was not fitting right. One of the peices was broken when it clicked into place. I went to the verizon store the day I bought it and they replaced the cover w/ no problem.
    08-30-08 12:06 PM
    If you got it 2 weeks ago you're still in your 30 return policy.

08-30-08 12:07 PM
    Ok so thank you to everyone for helping me gain my confidence with going to talk to the verizon peeps. So I went to a store that was closer to where I am living and let me tell you the reps. there were RUDE They actually told me that I intentionally was trying to remove the housing, and asked if I thought they were stupid, the phone didn't come out of the box like that. They said I would have to pay full price to get a new phone and if I wasn't willing to do that they did not even want to talk to me. So I smiled, politely said thank you, bit my tongue and left the store. So after calming down, I decided that there was something that could be done and I was not going to accept what they had told me. So thankfully I live in the wonderful Chicago area, and so I drove to a store a few blocks down. Let me tell you the women at this store that assisted me were Phenomenal! They listened to my problem, gave me my options and then acted. We were able to pop the plate back on apparently one of the side clips popped out or something, but they fixed it no questions asked, and even gave me a pink hard case to fit over it for FREE!
    So my phone is great, I have learned that it is not Verizon as far as bad customer service in the end it comes down to the reps at the store, and some of them just seem perpetually in a bad mood.
    So there you go! YEA!!!
    08-30-08 05:58 PM
    Glad everything worked out for you. Wow you even got something free in the process enjoy your phone.
    08-30-08 06:08 PM
    Good to hear everything is fine now.
    08-30-08 06:16 PM
    I'm glad to hear your issue was finally resolved.
    08-30-08 06:42 PM
    Good to hear they took care of you

08-30-08 07:02 PM
    When you get ready to go to a Verizon store, make sure its a company store & not a franchize.

In my experience, franchize stores are less than useless. Once they've sold you a phone & plan, they don't ever want to see you again.

08-30-08 07:15 PM
    Hey guys! So I just got my curve about 2 weeks ago and the other day while useing it I felt something was off on the back plate of the phone. Well on further inspection I found that the fron faceplate is actually warped almost. It just dosent fit properly. I guess I'm gonna go down to verizon and see what they can do but has anyone else had this happen? And anyone think verizon gonna make a big stink saying I droped it or tried to pull plate off? I don't know I'm sad and upset at the same time. What y'all think I should do?
    I believe Verizon has a 30 day return policy. They should just replace it for you.
    08-30-08 07:17 PM
    When you get ready to go to a Verizon store, make sure its a company store & not a franchize.

In my experience, franchize stores are less than useless. Once they've sold you a phone & plan, they don't ever want to see you again.

Ive had better experience with non corporate stores than the corporate att stores. in my case we have 1 corporate store in a 3 hr radius and the other 6 stores are non corporate. The manager as well as employees at the corporate store are complete asses in my local area. This store seems to think we HAVE to go with them because we live in a small community. We currently do not have verizon in this town so I dont know what it would be like with them.I had a phone issue with my last phone which was a krazer the corporate store manager told me he refused to help me because I did not purchase the phone through them and then lied to me and said my phone was not broken.

Locally the non corporate store I use is all about customer service and always very kind. I guess this is the exception lol
    08-30-08 07:26 PM
    I had Verizon as a carrier for years and never had any major problems with them. I switched to AT&T so I could have a GSM phone
    08-30-08 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD