Hi all - so after the outage there was the promise of $100 worth of free apps - in the UK we seem to be limited to 5 apps. Is that the same for everyone?

Shazam (took 3 attempts to install 2.8.1)
    Vlingo
    Bubble Bash
    Drive Safe.ly
    Bejewelled

Pretty poor selection imo.

So is this the same for other regions - what can you download for free?
    11-07-11 03:50 AM
    They will all be released slowly till december 31. Doesn't anyone read press releases???????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mastec likes this.
    11-07-11 04:19 AM
    They will all be released slowly till december 31.
    Yes, a steady cadence of releases. That is the new Research In (Slow) Motion corporate mantra. But the selection of applications offered to BlackBerry users is pathetic and of no interest to me.
    11-07-11 04:34 AM
    Yes, a steady cadence of releases. That is the new Research In (Slow) Motion corporate mantra.
    i agree, i mean releasing say 10 apps at once to 70million people wouldnt at all risk a system crash or strain now would it
    Last edited by BBThemes; 11-07-11 at 04:58 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-07-11 04:52 AM
    They will all be released slowly till december 31. Doesn't anyone read press releases???????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

No, I'd expect direct communication to my device.
    11-07-11 05:42 AM
    I can't see this as an option on my 9900 on O2 UK. Is everyone else seeing it?
    11-07-11 05:56 AM
    i have them on Vodafone Uk
    11-07-11 06:23 AM
    Hi all - so after the outage there was the promise of $100 worth of free apps - in the UK we seem to be limited to 5 apps. Is that the same for everyone?
    Who cares what RIM offers? Your contract is with the network provider, contracted service was lost for 3 days, so you should request credit equal to 3/30 of your monthly service charge. Let the network claim their losses from RIM, that is not your problem. It is completely irrelevant what RIM provides direct to end users, there is no contractual liability there so it is a goodwill gesture and it doesn't alter your right to claim from your network for service not provided.
    homer1475 and sam_b77 like this.
    11-07-11 07:32 AM
    TBH id rather a promise Rim would invest more in upgrading/improving or even safeguarding the network in a bid to prevent the outage again.

I do feel the apps are a feeble offer especially as some of them wont work with V7.

I also think that releasing a much awaited for flagship model (9900) whether its due to market pressure or otherwise before they have a f/ware that is stable (ie- ridiculous battery life) but then having the audacity to go on to insult peoples intelligent s by sugesting they turn virtually all of its systems off in a bid to manage power better (if I wanted to revert back to a 1980`s Nokia mobile I would have opened my kitchen draw)!

I fell in love with the BB brand and have waited with baited breath every time a new Bold is to be released however all good things come to an end I fell I have been cheated this time and will be looking at other brands when my contract expires!
    11-07-11 11:46 AM
    If you read the release, it says the apps will be released from October 18 through November and be available to download until December 31. No fret. All the apps will eventually be available. It would be chaos if all could be downloaded at once.
    11-07-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD