Here is what I want to do. I have my corporate email setup on my 8830. While at work, I do not wish to receive the alerts for new email because I can see them on my desktop inbox. Once I leave work, I would like to toggle the option and reconcile so that I get alerts and my Inbox on my PC and 8830 are the same.

I tried messing with the options on the 8830 and while I stopped getting emails, it would not reconcile existing messages in my inbox after I turned it back on.

Any thoughts?
    10-17-07 09:34 AM
    I've HEARD that you are able to connect your BB to your computer via its cable and it will stop forwarding over your emails ... but as I dont have a BES I can only tell you what I've heard ...
    10-17-07 10:42 AM
    Do you have the Desktop Manager installed on your PC and cradle your BB via the USB cable? If so, then start the Desktop Manager and open the "email settings" icon. Under the "General" tab, uncheck the "redirect incoming messages to your device" option. This setting is checked by default when the Desktop Manager is installed. This will at least keep you from getting messages while you are cradled to the usb. We run a BES w/ Exchange server if that helps.
    10-17-07 10:58 AM
    Do you have the Desktop Manager installed on your PC and cradle your BB via the USB cable? If so, then start the Desktop Manager and open the "email settings" icon. Under the "General" tab, uncheck the "redirect incoming messages to your device" option. This setting is checked by default when the Desktop Manager is installed. This will at least keep you from getting messages while you are cradled to the usb. We run a BES w/ Exchange server if that helps.
    Yes, but that doesn't solve the issue of reconciling later. When I unplug the 8830, I only get NEW emails - not emails sent and opened while the 8830 was connected and not receiving redirects. ???
    10-17-07 11:40 AM
    If you just don't won't the alerts (buzz or sound) I would suggest changing your profile to "Phone Only" while in the office. Change it back to "Normal" when out of the office.
    10-17-07 12:49 PM
    Why don't you go into Connection Manager on the BB and turn off Data network....? That will stop emails from coming in.
    10-17-07 11:18 PM
    Thanks everyone. I created a new profile based on your advice. No more annoying alerts, but the emails continue updating.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-18-07 06:47 AM
    Why don't you go into Connection Manager on the BB and turn off Data network....? That will stop emails from coming in.
    sir can you tell me how to turn off data network ?
    05-09-08 08:02 AM
    I have a bit of a tangent question... I have my work Lotus Notes forwarded to my personal email which is linked to my BB. There is no way to specify what times the Lotus Notes are/aren't forwarded (via Lotus Notes control). Is there any way to filter what emails are received during working hours, only via the BB?

Also, I only synch my BB to my home laptop, not my work laptop.

Any suggestions?
    05-09-08 08:26 AM
    sir can you tell me how to turn off data network ?
    Go to Manage Connections, then Mobile Network Options, and flip Data Services to Off.
    05-09-08 12:24 PM
    I have a bit of a tangent question... I have my work Lotus Notes forwarded to my personal email which is linked to my BB. There is no way to specify what times the Lotus Notes are/aren't forwarded (via Lotus Notes control). Is there any way to filter what emails are received during working hours, only via the BB?

Also, I only synch my BB to my home laptop, not my work laptop.

Any suggestions?
    I have Lotus Notes, and your mail rules are really your friend. i haven't figured out the time part of your question, but mail rules are executed before the mail hits your Inbox, so you can sort your email into mail that you let get through your filters...the rest, like internal notifies, regular spam, whatever you can filter, can be redirected to a folder other than the Inbox. This has drastically reduced the mail hitting my BB during the day. In a pinch you could also set up a daily rule that diverts everything into a temp Inbox and turn it off when you are done ...actually, if one could get a time-based rule to do this, it might function pretty well...(runs off to see if time is part of a mail rule in Lotus)
    05-09-08 02:03 PM
    Thank you for that... will that affect texting capability? Also - after leaving the office and enabling data again... will all the day's emails flood in to my device, or only the ones that were sent after that point?

thanks
    02-10-10 09:44 AM
    1) It will not affect texting

2)You will receive all your emails

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 01:39 PM
    you can also set a firewall filter to stop incoming emails to the BIS or the BES server. It will block any incoming emails sent to the device while the filter is turned on. The only disadvantage is that the emails that are blocked will NOT reconcile with the device once the filter is removed. Great way to really stop working when you get home or go on vacation. This will allow you to still use Data services (browser, apps, etc).

Blackberry 5.0:
    Options > Security Options > Firewall

place a checkmark next to "Blackberry Internet Service" for push email, or "Enterprise email" if you are connected to an exchange server. Ucheck when you want to start receiving email again.
    Last edited by hans57sauc; 06-29-10 at 09:17 AM. Reason: add info
    06-29-10 09:16 AM
    Bit late in the day, but this one also stumped me.
    The "obvious" (once you think of it) workaround is to create a custom sound/alert profile or modify an existing one and then alter the settings so that all notifications for emails are off in that profile.

If switching between profiles when you leave work is too much like hard work, then I have just discovered ProfilerX which can be downloaded from the Blackberry Appworld Store.

It switches between profiles depending on time (including only certain days of the week) or location.

Hope that helps all the frustrated users out there!
    12-30-11 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD