Hello everyone!

I have a question about the battery life on my 9780....
    So like.. I have the screen brightness turned to 0 , bluetooth and wifi are off, GPS and Location are both off.
    I frequently use it on 2G when im BBM'ing , I have no Facebook, Twitter or any other social apps that could drain battery life this fast..
    My battery goes down 10% per half an hour when I use 3G outside in an area where the signal is good... And i don't use youtube or anything else that's battery draining, just reading the news or other normal things like that.

My BB is running on v6.0.0.570 (Bundle 2534, Platform 6.6.0.212)

Besides that, Before this Blackberry I had another 9780 which was broken and send to Dynafix to fix it, the battery life was perfect, like 5%-10% per hour on heavy use, although i don't know which platform it was running on etc etc..

So this new BB i got from them probably got updated software (complete refurbished unit).

Anyone know what to do.. I don't wanna sit on 2G all day!!

Edit 1 : The software itself is also slow and sluggish when using the search function it types double letters or types the second letter before the first one etc etc... and on start up the security check, it should like zip through it really fast.. but with my phone now it stutters and takes like 10 seconds.. before it only took like 2-3 seconds.

One day I was downloading a theme from app world and I was trying it out when suddenly I got a white screen saying app error 507 and my blackberry would take ages to restart, It would stop like 3/4 the way for like 2 minutes then resume.. and I still have this problem, I've tried reloading the same OS.. doesn't help at all..

Sometimes when I try to change display pictures on BBM, I go to pictures and there is not a single picture that's on my 2GB memory card..There's not even a map for it.. As if it doesn't recognize my memory card.. It happens frequently and this all gets very annoying.. If i send my phone for a repair I won't get it back for like 6-8 weeks and I need my phone really bad and they won't lend me one @ the store.. so that pretty much fails.. and the phone itself is not the best quality to be honest, the backplate is like moving really bad up and down like 4-5 millimetres, the buttons squeek alot (menu button, trackpad and the back button) and my phone never dropped so that could not be the cause of all this.

Help greatly appreciated!

PS : Sorry if my english is bad , I'm from the Netherlands
    Last edited by Aydin9780; 11-03-11 at 02:47 PM.
    11-03-11 02:31 PM
    wipe your device entirely, and update to the newest firmware available
    6.0.0.668. that will remove your key stuttering problem. so far this is the most stable version i have used.

wipe the device using bbsak or bbwipe and reload the OS via apploader.
    11-03-11 02:49 PM
    6.0.0.668. that will remove your key stuttering problem. so far this is the most stable version i have used.

Thanks for answering me but mate can you explain in further details ?

I have no clue how to wipe it or to put new OS on it :P I only know how to reload it through desktop manager.. Thanks I'd appreciate it very much!
    11-03-11 03:01 PM

Not Trying to start a debate or Hijacking this thread !!

I always read about this stuttering myth that no1 has complained about in my area.
    is it a double input kind of issue or is it some pressing harder on the buttons related or is it just a device lag =s
    my 9780 (Thank God) is running smoothly & never encountered this myth of Stuttering !!
    Many post's recommend its some sort of a noisy keyboard or an input issue (Varying respectively) ... how can you fix a Broken leg by eating new food =s !! !*$#^ ??

ONE word ( Nonsense ).
    11-04-11 06:36 AM
    You can find all information on wiping/ installing OS in the BlackBerry Help section on the CB site. Try this article to start:

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-302...-blackberry-os

You can also find the latest OS stickied at the top of this forum. Right now it's .668
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    11-04-11 08:53 AM
    Not Trying to start a debate or Hijacking this thread !!

I always read about this stuttering myth that no1 has complained about in my area.
    is it a double input kind of issue or is it some pressing harder on the buttons related or is it just a device lag =s
    my 9780 (Thank God) is running smoothly & never encountered this myth of Stuttering !!
    Many post's recommend its some sort of a noisy keyboard or an input issue (Varying respectively) ... how can you fix a Broken leg by eating new food =s !! !*$#^ ??

ONE word ( Nonsense ).
    Definitely a real issue. I had one of these 9780 handsets, and from what I know, it was a large scale manufacturing defect (remnant glue not drying off or something like that.) It was a double (more like multiple) input issue, and it was fixed in the later batches, and now apparently with OS releases.

As for how OS releases correct it, my guess is that it looks for multiple nonsensical entries and/or multiple same key entries over a very small period of time.
    11-04-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD