This thread is a continuation of the 99% solution on these boards. Anyway I'm using the Bold 9900 thru T-mobile and charging my phone with the supplied wall adapter. What's offen happening is that my phone will charge up to 95% and just sit there for hours. I am forced to unplug and replug the cord in order to resume the charge to 100%. In ideal circumstances, the charging bolt icon will continue to flash until the black plug icon appears signalling a full charge. However, these full charges don't occur consistently. We are only talking a mere 5% but we all know we'll take as much battery life on this model as we can....and not to mention the ridiculous cost of owning this phone.
    I'm having a new battery sent to me in a few days. But I do believe this bug is caused by something in the OS 7 and not the battery nor the charging accessory. Is anyone else noticing this behavior? I am using the original software bundle from late August, and hoping an update will fix this charging issue.
    11-03-11 02:05 PM
    I've used multiple OS 7 builds on a 9900 and have never experienced the issue you're describing. Does it happen when plugged into other wall outlets? Have you tried using a different charger? Just curious. Could be a bad battery, bad charger or a defective wall outlet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 02:28 PM
    upgrade to latest os fixes. Also if you do a reboot it will show 100%. just a bug
    11-03-11 02:36 PM
    Mine did that too from vzw. I fully discharged it once and now get a full 100% and superb battery life. If that works do not keep discharging. You can damage the battery if you do this too many times. Post back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 08:18 PM
    Still trying to figure this out myself... I've gone through a total of 4 phones and they all seem to do this. One was my sister's from VZW, the rest were on Sprint... I would have to say it's a software thing. With my 9630 wall charger it ALWAYS hits 100%, while USB and the mini plug charger varies between 100% and 9x%. Can't be a defective mini plug charger because I have 4 of them and they all do this...
    11-03-11 11:22 PM
    mine does it too. I too have to unplug/plug to get to 100%. and, what's worse, lately I have been getting really bad battery life (55% by 12:20 PM when I unplugged at 8 AM). This sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-04-11 11:21 AM
    I get the same thing. I can't tell from the posts whether it's an OS reporting bug, or if the OS is only allowing the battery to charge to that point. Anyone know?
    11-11-11 06:55 PM
    It happens to me too. Only reached 95% after 6 hr charge. Not sure whats happening.
    11-11-11 06:59 PM
    So between this forum and the one on the Blackberry site, it appears that nobody has an answer or solution to this charging bug. My carrier has not announced a new OS bundle, so I don't know where to turn. Is there a way to contact RIM as a regular customer and get an answer from the source?
    11-23-11 06:28 PM
    Had this problem too, when OS is on .2XX. Upgraded to the latest OS and solves the problem.
    11-23-11 06:38 PM
    If you're stuck with a 9930 with an older OS compared to the 9900, a fix would be to use the older wall chargers included with older BBs. I run into this pretty often and besides a battery pull the only way to "fix" this is to use the older wall charger. With that charger I have never had a "incomplete" battery reading.
    11-23-11 06:50 PM
    mine still does this as well, but everytime it is a different percentage, it once stopped at 75 percent.
    ive updated to every single os and tried the battery pull but still the same.
    11-24-11 05:05 PM
    I just got off the phone with Blackberry support. I explained this issue to them and was put on hold for a few minutes. To no surprise, they got back on and told me they were unable to look into this any further unless I purchased a incident-based support fee. I never even asked how much an incident inquiry would cost, but I'm guessing at least $20. If I wanted to receive complimentary technical support, I was informed to call my carrier and have them put a ticket in with Blackberry directly. My carrier has not solved this issue before and will only offer to send me a new battery for my troubles. To this day my OS version is still 7.0.250 and my carrier has not released an update,patch,bundle,etc.. since day one in Aug./Sept. 2011.
    Tonight I will try to drain the battery down to like 5% then plug it in and leave it for like 10 hours. However there's a good chance that when I view the battery status in the morning, the black plug icon will not appear as supposed to. The lightning bolt icon will remain flashing and the status info will say 95 or 100%.
    P.S. The Blackberry Support forums will not yield any updates to this charging issue. No matter how many times we post, a RIM representative will never get on and attempt to address and solve any posts.
    01-25-12 05:57 PM
    i'm sorry to heat about your problem. i understand how frustrating it can be finding the answer. But my guess is as good as the next guy, a software issue.
    My issue with my Verizon 9930 is that it will charge up to 100% but go to a 92% in seconds right after a few minutes from the charger.
    it does hold a decent battery life though, but seeing the jump from a 100 to a 92 was a great concern for me in the beginning.
    But after owning the 9930 for almost 3 months now, i can go 1-2 days on a full charge that came off at 5:30AM
    01-25-12 06:06 PM
    Upgrade your OS and everything should be fine.
    Try a battery pull, not sure if that will work out though.
    01-25-12 09:32 PM
    um....do you guys charge it over night?
    cuz i find charing 9900 is rather fast and takes maybe 2 to 3 hours to get to a "green" light full status...

if i charging overnight like (8 to 9 hours) will it damage the battery? or will it auto stop the charging after the green light is on?
    01-26-12 12:02 AM
    I don't recognize a green light full status. When it is fully charged, the lightning bolt icon stops flashing and a black plug icon appears.
    01-26-12 01:35 AM
    usually, unplug and plug again will solve this problem

- Charles
    01-26-12 03:02 AM
    updating the OS does not help. I updated to the latest OS released by Sprint (7.1) and still have to unplug/plug to get to 100%. There must be a OS bug somewhere, but that's fine as long as the battery last a decent time which sadly is not the case. Off the charger at 8 Am and by 5 PM is at 20%. I have a long day with classes after work so I need to charge twice a day to get me through on light use. I don't even want to think what would it be like to use my Bold heavily everyday; probably charge 3-4 times.
    01-26-12 09:49 AM
    updating the OS does not help. I updated to the latest OS released by Sprint (7.1) and still have to unplug/plug to get to 100%. There must be a OS bug somewhere, but that's fine as long as the battery last a decent time which sadly is not the case. Off the charger at 8 Am and by 5 PM is at 20%. I have a long day with classes after work so I need to charge twice a day to get me through on light use. I don't even want to think what would it be like to use my Bold heavily everyday; probably charge 3-4 times.
    One thing that I found extended my battery life was turning off the GPS location service.

Options/Device/Location Settings: Location Service = E911 only.

Something to try and see if it helps your battery.
    01-26-12 09:56 AM
    Tried a new JM1 battery 2 days ago. The phone charged full the first few times. Now on day 3 the black plug icon fails to appear after hours of charging. The bolt icon remains flashing when the battery hits 95% and 100%. The unplug/replug method finally pushes the black plug icon but what is causing this, and should we have to manually do this every time to get that complete charge? I'm sure in the OS there's a module for the battery meter. Perhaps it gets corrupted. Only wish RIM would provide a fix to this already.
    01-28-12 10:37 AM
    i'm sorry to heat about your problem. i understand how frustrating it can be finding the answer. But my guess is as good as the next guy, a software issue.
    My issue with my Verizon 9930 is that it will charge up to 100% but go to a 92% in seconds right after a few minutes from the charger.
    it does hold a decent battery life though, but seeing the jump from a 100 to a 92 was a great concern for me in the beginning.
    But after owning the 9930 for almost 3 months now, i can go 1-2 days on a full charge that came off at 5:30AM
    This is the identical problem that I have with my 9900!
    01-29-12 06:13 AM
    This is the identical problem that I have with my 9900!
    What OS are you running ? There is a battery meter bug on all 7.0 OS's for the 9900after .540 that causes a 100%-92% drop in the reading. I believe that it is also present on the Official 7.1 build for the 9930 too.

Cured on the 2 latest 7.1 leaks for the 9900.
    01-29-12 06:22 AM
    I just read about that. The initial drop in battery is intended. It is not good for the battery to be constantly at 100%, so mobile phones will keep them at around 95%. As this will confuse consumers, they still display 100%. This discrepancy of course has to be corrected later, that is why initially you will see a sharper decrease when taking it from charger.
    There is an interesting article here:
    Your Smartphone’s Battery Gauge is Lying to You (and it’s not such a bad thing)

The essential: Don't worry too much, your phone and battery is working fine! And don't bump charge, it will decrease lifetime of your battery.
    01-29-12 08:08 AM
    What OS are you running ? There is a battery meter bug on all 7.0 OS's for the 9900after .540 that causes a 100%-92% drop in the reading. I believe that it is also present on the Official 7.1 build for the 9930 too.

Cured on the 2 latest 7.1 leaks for the 9900.
    Running 7.0 576. I've been looking to download the new 7.1 205 but can't find a valid link to download it.
    01-29-12 11:27 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD