I have an 8900 and am looking forward to upgrading to the 9900 with ATT. I currently use a Case Mate Smart Skin for the 8900 that fits nicely and also covers the keyboard and is just fine for typing on. Does anyone know of a similar type case for the 9900? Most of the skins Ive seen online seem to just cover the back, rim and the area just beneath the keyboard?

Perhaps by wanting a keyboard cover I would be losing out on the feel of the keyboard that everyone seems to be raving about? I just would like to protect the keys from being scratched by keys in my pocket.
    11-03-11 01:32 AM
    Personally I think you would be losing out on the amazing keyboard with any skin. To me that is the #1 feature of the phone and has increased my typing speed tremendously from my old Torch.
    11-03-11 02:57 AM

Perhaps by wanting a keyboard cover I would be losing out on the feel of the keyboard that everyone seems to be raving about? I just would like to protect the keys from being scratched by keys in my pocket.
    I have an Otterbox commuter with screen protector and I just make sure I keep my keys in the other pocket. The keyboard is lovely. I have ordered one of these:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zfl0Rn2C

It apparently works well with the Otterbox commuter, but it does have a clip and may be too bulky to put in a pocket.
    11-03-11 07:00 AM
    I have an 8900 and am looking forward to upgrading to the 9900 with ATT. I currently use a Case Mate Smart Skin for the 8900 that fits nicely and also covers the keyboard and is just fine for typing on. Does anyone know of a similar type case for the 9900? Most of the skins Ive seen online seem to just cover the back, rim and the area just beneath the keyboard?

I use to have the same case on 8900 and loved it. It didnt effect my typing on the keyboard but kept the phone in mint condition. I don't see the full cases anymore for some reason.
    11-03-11 08:42 AM
    I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but for 3 years I have had the Noreve leather case for my Bold 9000. I carry my phone in my pocket and never on a belt clip. The keypad and screen are completely protected. I have ordered the new case for the Bold 9900 which I will be purchasing soon.

$45 on Amazon

tmurphx5 likes this.
    11-03-11 08:50 AM
    I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but for 3 years I have had the Noreve leather case for my Bold 9000. I carry my phone in my pocket and never on a belt clip. The keypad and screen are completely protected. I have ordered the new case for the Bold 9900 which I will be purchasing soon.

$45 on Amazon

Click to view quoted image
    Thanks for this. This is what I have been waiting for and my g/f also, she is holding off getting the 9930 until a case like this is available.
    11-03-11 09:40 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I ended up getting an Otterbox Impact case and the Best Skins Ever full body cover (except for the keyboard). Pretty happy with that solution and yes, I feel that anything covering the keyboard on the 9900 would detract from it.
    Was going to buy the Zagg Invisible shield but glad I read some of the posts on the forum here about how Zagg now add their logo to the shield.
    11-11-11 12:38 AM
    wow what a bummer. The case-mate keyboad covering cases are the best! I used it with my 9000 and my 9700. After two years I upgraded to the 9900 and gave my GF a brand new looking 9700, and I dropped my phone all the time, kept it in my pocket, I never worried about it. The typing experience for me was enhanced with the rubber case. I miss it. Please case-mate make one for the 9900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-12 01:34 PM
    Searched for AGES for this. Perfect, although I had to glue a magnet inside to use the sleep mode.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    01-13-12 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD