Just curious is it safe to shop online security wise with the PB?
    11-02-11 09:01 PM
    Most Definitely.

Unless your Wifi is tapped.
    annamarialuann likes this.
    11-02-11 09:11 PM
    I've used my PlayBook to do Amazon orders numerous times, and it was easy-peasy!!!
    11-02-11 09:18 PM
    Are you talking about the Bridge communication? Isn't that Bluetooth? Not the best I would have thought, but haven't heard of BT being intercepted. Have they?
    11-02-11 09:18 PM
    as long as youre on a secure connection (not a public/unencrypted one) if anything its more secure than a pc/laptop

one of the plus sides to there only being about 5 playbooks sold is that theres no real market for viruses, security through obscurity and all that...

just take the usual precautions and you'll be fine (check for phishing etc)
    11-03-11 03:45 AM
    How the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet protects data in transit

The tablet and the smartphone use an encryption key (the BlackBerry Bridge pairing key) and AES to encrypt data that is sent between the tablet and the smartphone.
    Source: KB26980-How BlackBerry smartphone data is protected when the smartphone is paired with a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Are you talking about the Bridge communication? Isn't that Bluetooth? Not the best I would have thought, but haven't heard of BT being intercepted. Have they?
    The tablet and smartphone use AES-256 encryption to encrypt and decrypt data that is sent between each other.
    The tablet and smartphone use SHA-256 to authenticate the connection between each other.
    Source: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...001-1.0-US.pdf

So...all good in the hood.
    11-03-11 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD