I was having some minor issues with my 9900, and the store put in a new SIM card after wiping it for me. Not only did it fix what was wrong (dropping calls and wouldn't dial) but I just realized that my battery is not draining so fast. I had a SIM card from 9000, to 9700, to 9900 that kept getting swapped into my newest device. Has anyone else noticed this? Could getting a new SIM be a solution maybe? Or is mine just a fluke

As a side note, my touch screen feels more responsive too. The odd time before I'd press an icon and the phone wouldn't respond.................it hasn't done that for several days now since the new SIM.
    11-01-11 05:53 PM
    I was having some minor issues with my 9900, and the store put in a new SIM card after wiping it for me. Not only did it fix what was wrong (dropping calls and wouldn't dial) but I just realized that my battery is not draining so fast. I had a SIM card from 9000, to 9700, to 9900 that kept getting swapped into my newest device. Has anyone else noticed this? Could getting a new SIM be a solution maybe? Or is mine just a fluke

As a side note, my touch screen feels more responsive too. The odd time before I'd press an icon and the phone wouldn't respond.................it hasn't done that for several days now since the new SIM.
    I honestly doubt the SIM card will do so much. It might be that your old one really was defective and the signal received on your phone was very bad compared to the one received now which could affect battery life. On the other hand, your SIM card will do nothing to improve the touch screen, if that helps...
    11-01-11 06:16 PM
    But if the old SIM was defective, then wouldn't my phone have been working harder to find a signal, and that's why my battery was draining? Normally by the evening my phone is down to the final 25% of battery life, but since the new SIM it's now easily over 50% remaining at the same time of day. Considering I have done nothing else to the phone, that's a pretty big difference.

Just curious: anyone else with alleged battery problems try replacing their SIM card rather than swapping over their old one?
    11-01-11 08:43 PM
    I also doubt yor SIM card to be the culprit... The only thing a SIM card does is provide authentication information so the network authorizes your phone for service, and to contain contacts and SMSes you put in there...

I've heard some instances where a SIM card could limit data transfer speeds, or limit a phone to 2G only. But I doubt it'll do anything for signal strength, since the card is not a part of the RF stage in your phone's radio.

EDIT: And if your SIM card was defective, I'd guess your phone wouldn't work at all, and you would have to replace it.
    11-02-11 08:55 AM
    I doubt it because of the sim your battery life has improved. As MousePad has mentioned it could of been simply your sim that basically caused your phone to use more of the battery power to simply 'pump' in more signal into your phone.
    11-03-11 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD