i bought my pb on ebay for an alright price at $330. like a month after absolutely falling in love with my pb, it fell off the back rest of my couch onto the tile floor with the sleeve on, and the screen cracked.. > i was heart broken.. its really not even a big crack, it onlt comes over the bottom and a little part of the top of the right side of the screen.. but i really want to get it fixed. does anyone have any suggestions?? i dont have to much money to spend nd i really want it fixed! thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 01:48 PM
    11-01-11 01:55 PM
    11-01-11 01:56 PM
    Does the lcd still function? Digitizers can be found on ebay. That's the glass part that covers the lcd.

11-01-11 01:56 PM
    I would contact RIM directly and see if they can fix it for you or at the very least they may a service partner that can do the work. Sorry for not having a better answer for you.

11-01-11 01:58 PM
    ya the lcd works great still, nd ya i was considering buying the screen online nd repairing it my self but im kinda leaning twards getting it fixed somewhere else.. nd i love my pb still im defanately not getting any other tablet!! lol
    11-01-11 02:00 PM
    Sorry to hear about your screen. My wife likes to keep her Playbook naked and with three kids it is just a matter of time. I have a case for mine.

to some great suggestions I would add a comment for the next time. BlackBerry and CrackBerry offer some really nice cases for the Playbook. I strongly recommend getting something like the for future protection.

Yes, the covers are expensive but they are worth it due to the protection and they look and feel great.

Good luck with you screen.
    stevoco9 likes this.
    11-01-11 02:06 PM
    Adding the cost of the part and repair you may consider trying to find a new one on sale. There have been some good deals lately.

11-01-11 02:08 PM
    ya its ironic to, before it cracked, i ordered a nice leather case on amason nd got it in the mail shortly after.. lol ya nd all the sales in the stores kinda make me feel like i should have waited, but i am still really happy i got the pb when i did.. lol
    11-01-11 02:17 PM
    Check your local listings (e.g. Kijiji) for local gadget fixers. These are the sort of guys that can tear apart a smartphone to replace batteries and broken screens. Even if they've never fix a playbook, they'd probably still be better at it than you or I due to their skills and experience. Good luck.
    11-01-11 04:32 PM
    I would probably apply a screen protector over it and just ride it out. It might hide it a little, keeps it safe and I would hate to spend a bunch on a repair and then have something else happen to it. Depends on how intrusive it is.
    steppinghorse and jafobabe like this.
    11-01-11 06:04 PM
    My 2 year old jumped into my lap when I was using my PB and caused me to drop it shattering the screen. Called the BB 1800 number and they sent out a box to mail it them and sent me an email when they received it. All in all it cost me $149 to have it repaired plus the time to add my content back to it.
    stevoco9 and anon(1049620) like this.
    11-01-11 06:16 PM
    Don't troll and don't feed the troll! . If you ain't here to help then move along!
    11-01-11 10:04 PM
    There was another thread that suggested getting to the screen part of pretty involved and not easy. That price from rim repair seems pretty fair.
    11-01-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD