i just came back from android to a bb. i downloaded the app world app on my phone, and when i try to dl a free app it takes me to a paypal link, then ask me to enter my blackberry id which i do and i cannot get past that. please help me i dont want to go back to android. this is one of the reasons i left in the first place!!!
    10-31-11 05:17 AM
    You must have a valid payment method set up to download any app - even free ones. The easiest way to do this is to visit App World on a pc BlackBerry App World - Free BlackBerry Apps - Official Store and check that everything is set up correctly.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-31-11 05:23 AM
    Welcome back! Why don't you try two things:

On app world home do alt+r+s+t+r+s+t

If that fails

Try rebooting the phone via battery pull

If that fails

Delete app world and reinstall with latest app world 3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 05:27 AM
    You must have a valid payment method set up to download any app - even free ones. The easiest way to do this is to visit App World on a pc BlackBerry App World - Free BlackBerry Apps - Official Store and check that everything is set up correctly.
    ^^This.^^
    No amount of battery pulls or restores will do anything for you until there is some form of valid payment method associated with your BBID set... Even for free applications...
    10-31-11 07:54 AM
    Go to appworld on your phone, go to 'my world' , click bb button and choose 'pmt options' choose 'paypal' option, click next and log in to verify your account. My login info was wrong and once i changed it and logged in I was able to buy apps in appworld using paypal.
    11-20-11 11:57 PM
    Welcome back! enjoy your Blackberry!
    11-21-11 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD