Trying to add a gmail account to a Curve 8520 and it says the "username and/or password are incorrect. Please contact Gmail.com if problem persists" or along those lines. The password is definitely correct because I'm logging into gmail online no problem.

Tried adding the same gmail account to a Bold 9900 and that wouldn't work either, so it's not the phone. Never had this before.

What's going on?
    10-30-11 05:58 PM
    Is it a Google Apps Gmail account? If so you will have different ports and security than the normal account. Sometime changing your password to a very simple one while you try to connect is helpful.
    10-31-11 06:07 AM
    Is it a Google Apps Gmail account? If so you will have different ports and security than the normal account. Sometime changing your password to a very simple one while you try to connect is helpful.
    Google won't let me change it to something simple: it says it's 'too weak' a password.
    10-31-11 06:12 AM
    Try making it longer but stick to all lower case and just letters.
    10-31-11 06:13 AM
    Try making it longer but stick to all lower case and just letters.
    Still no joy but thanks for the suggestions.
    10-31-11 06:21 AM
    Still no joy but thanks for the suggestions.
    hmmmm................ Maybe check if you have data service? I know stupid suggestion but sometimes carriers screw up
    10-31-11 06:47 AM
    Check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...id-but-559231/
    10-31-11 08:08 AM
    Make sure the "All Mail" label is checked for access by IMAP servers. If it's not, set will give that error message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD