Hey guys, well this is my story with the PB
    I bought it when it first came out...being as excited as i was, i was the first person at sears in square one to grab the damn thing :/
    Well anyways, i enjoyed it...bridged my 9700 to it and sadly, the PB just sat there and collected dust.
    I made the hard decision to sell my PB for 400$ (I could of really used the money seeing how i didnt have a job at the time).
    Now i work for Rogers, bought the bold 9900 the week it came out and loving the thing. and seeing how the Bold 9900 and is 1291739724X faster then the bold 9700, bridging the 9900 to the PB will be exciting and i think i just might find a use for the PB :P

I was wondering whether or not its worth buying a PB now or is the PB2 coming out anytime soon?

Thanks guys
    10-30-11 02:29 AM
    ..... wait.
    10-30-11 02:39 AM
    Hey guys, well this is my story with the PB
    I bought it when it first came out...being as excited as i was, i was the first person at sears in square one to grab the damn thing :/
    Well anyways, i enjoyed it...bridged my 9700 to it and sadly, the PB just sat there and collected dust.
    I made the hard decision to sell my PB for 400$ (I could of really used the money seeing how i didnt have a job at the time).
    Now i work for Rogers, bought the bold 9900 the week it came out and loving the thing. and seeing how the Bold 9900 and is 1291739724X faster then the bold 9700, bridging the 9900 to the PB will be exciting and i think i just might find a use for the PB :P

I was wondering whether or not its worth buying a PB now or is the PB2 coming out anytime soon?

Thanks guys
    Subsequent updates have made the bridge much faster for browsing. A BB/PB combo is the most powerful mobile computing/communications system ever devised.

And it takes good pics.
    10-30-11 02:50 AM
    I wouldnt buy at full price if thats what you mean to ask. There are many pbs going cheaply if you want one.
    10-30-11 02:52 AM
    Depends on if you want to be an early adopter or not. If you find value already in using the PB, then keep it as long as it is worth the money to you. No one knows exactly if/when the PB 2 is coming out, but when it does come out the PB (current) will definitely have a significant price drop.

Ultimately it is up to you to decide. Good luck with your decision.
    10-30-11 02:52 AM
    wait the next generation if there still have one..
    10-30-11 03:24 AM
    I say if you believe RIM can do what they say and it works for you as is for now then yes because it is a nice little device as is. But if you need auto correction, predictive text and spell check and all you'll do is complain about that then wait or go with something else.

The playbook will still get updates even if there is a playbook 2. RIM is banking their future on QNX so if it fails I think they fail. QNX or BBX is going to be on their phone also at some point.
    10-30-11 07:06 AM
    Wait until the Kindle Fire is released. The PB should be under $200 then.
    10-30-11 07:08 AM
    i wonder whether the launch of kindle in a few weeks is going to significantly affect the price of PB, the common thing between the two is the 7 inch screen,beyond that they are vastly different devices catering for very different needs. PB will still stand out.

PB2 might be way out in the distant future, if you can find use of the current PB as it is
    .... then u should get it, if u have doubts then wait it out until the air clears out
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-30-11 07:43 AM
    ummm. no.

If you actually look into the kindle, other than looking at a picture of it, you'll find that the PB exceeds it.

No bluetooth
    no hdmi
    no front facing speakers
    android os
    8gb storage only....
    pjmacklin likes this.
    10-30-11 07:45 AM
    Get one now on sale of course, you are missing out on all the fun!
    10-30-11 07:54 AM
    Try to find one on sale... not saying the PlayBook is not worth it's original price because it is well worth it! However, there are PBs going for less than the original price right now. So try to get one with a reduced price... unless you're just wealthy like that
    10-30-11 08:36 AM
    Do you still have a warranty buying a used one? Might want to consider that if it doesn't. But definitely get one on sale if you can and are.
    10-30-11 08:39 AM
    I appreciate the replies.
    I really enjoyed my pb when i first got it on launch but didnt really find much use for it.
    At that time, i had a 9700 and well...the bridge just sucked.
    I have been reading Bridge has been significantly improved and with a faster more powerfull phone ike the 9900, it sure will make bridging easier.

As to where im goign to get the PB..I cant find it anywhere on sale. Walmart put it back to regular price and was sold out.
    Iv bee looking online and if im quick and lucky, i can get a used PB (perfect condition) with eveything for just alittle more then 250$
    10-30-11 09:31 AM
    NO Warranty - it runs to the ORIGINAL purchaser. I don't know about 3rd party "insurance/warranty" and whether they are transferable.

The pb is still UNfinished in MY opinion. If it does what you want in its current guise, then consider it. If you expect more or updates for it to work YOUR way, then wait till it actually does those things.
    10-30-11 10:36 AM
    Buy it.

Just like time value of money, there is money value of time.
    If you can use it/enjoy it now why wait? Waiting means months that you wont have use of it.
    Mine saves me time and money every day, why would I wait for some "deal" down the road?

Bridge will save you time money and gas ... looking for hot spots, or returning to your home/office to use the internet....
    10-30-11 10:47 AM
    ummm. no.

If you actually look into the kindle, other than looking at a picture of it, you'll find that the PB exceeds it.

No bluetooth
    no hdmi
    no front facing speakers
    android os
    8gb storage only....
    No bridge, does it have front and back cameras, does it even have bezel swiping?
    Dual stereo mics? True multitasking? How is the UI? Don't even care enough to know.
    10-30-11 10:50 AM
    I appreciate the replies.
    I really enjoyed my pb when i first got it on launch but didnt really find much use for it.
    At that time, i had a 9700 and well...the bridge just sucked.
    I have been reading Bridge has been significantly improved and with a faster more powerfull phone ike the 9900, it sure will make bridging easier.

As to where im goign to get the PB..I cant find it anywhere on sale. Walmart put it back to regular price and was sold out.
    Iv bee looking online and if im quick and lucky, i can get a used PB (perfect condition) with eveything for just alittle more then 250$
    Curious though - if you didn't find much use for it before, what use to you expect to find for it now?
    I have a hard time with these "it just sits in a closet/on a shelf/ collecting dust" claims.

Is that while the laptop gets heavy use?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-30-11 at 11:11 AM.
    10-30-11 10:52 AM
    Curious though - if you didn't find much use for it before, what use to you expect to find for it now?
    I have a hard time with these "it just sits in a closet/on a shelf/ collecting dust" claims.

Is that while the laptop gets heavy use?
    I just never bothered to use bridge because everytime I would bridge my PB to my 9700, my 9700 would freeze and the bridge rarely worked.
    Seeing how I have the 9900 and bridge has improved trememdously, why not?
    I too now have more data (6GB a month) and don't need to worry about tehtering or bridiging usage.
    And yes your right...my laptop was getting a lot of heavy usage at the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 12:04 PM
    wait...... for the ipad 3 lolol
    10-30-11 12:36 PM
    I would wait to see how things pan out. I bought one on sale, but returned it after it came out that OS2 is delayed until February. After OS2 finally gets here, I might buy another one or wait for a PB2 if one is announced. I like QNX and the fact that it is neither Android or Apple.

About the Kindle Fire, I have a Nook Color that I put Cyanogenmod Gingerbread on, and it is better than the Fire in almost all respects. However, I agree that both the Nook and the Fire are in a different category than the PB. The only serious drawback to the PB hardware-wise is the lack of an SD card slot. The hardware of the PB blows the Ipad out of the water. It just isn't there yet for what I need it to do. Basically I need an OS that can exploit all of its wonderful hardware.
    10-30-11 01:17 PM
    I use bridge with my 9550 it works pretty decent. But it gets the job done for me when i'm on my break.
    10-30-11 01:22 PM
    Wel i just went ahead and going to grab myself a 16GB Playbook for 200$
    Cant wait to use bridge on this thing with my 9900 :$
    bpdude likes this.
    10-30-11 03:27 PM
    Returned mine today. I dont' feel bad.
    10-30-11 05:13 PM
    Wel i just went ahead and going to grab myself a 16GB Playbook for 200$
    Cant wait to use bridge on this thing with my 9900 :$
    200 bucks man you can hardly go wrong. I would never advise someone to buy one but I believe you will wish you bought 2 in a few months. I think THE major update will come earlier than February. RIM probably told us that to keep us off their tails for a while. Good choice. May the force be with you and not upon you!
    Last edited by bpdude; 10-30-11 at 05:47 PM.
    10-30-11 05:44 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD