I was thinking, if what we like most about our Blackberry Smartphones is the build in Keyboard, couldn't RIMM have had a Bold Style Keyboard built right onto the Playbook?
    10-29-11 11:23 AM
    I'd love mto see how you think it would be implemented without the keyboard getting in the way or breaking easily.
    10-29-11 11:50 AM
    No offense but that is a horrible idea. The form factor on the Playbook is amazing. RIM just needs to step in gear on the software

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 11:51 AM
    No offense but that is a horrible idea. The form factor on the Playbook is amazing. RIM just needs to step in gear on the software

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    True that. The PlayBook virtual keypad works very well. Add some keyboard auto features and spellcheck and I'd be moving right along with it.
    10-29-11 12:51 PM
    I was thinking, if what we like most about our Blackberry Smartphones is the build in Keyboard, couldn't RIMM have had a Bold Style Keyboard built right onto the Playbook?
    The RIGHT Implementation of this would have been if RIM made it so the BlackBerry Bridge allows you to use your BlackBerry as an input tool for the PlayBook, essentially giving you a PlayBook, with an awesome wireless thumb keyboard.

And Method of putting the Bold Keyboard onto the PlayBook would have made it too large and I wouldn't have ended up buying it, plus it would have been awkward. to deal with.

I have hopes that maybe RIM will figure this out in the future.
    Wretch 12 and dcburke789 like this.
    10-29-11 05:32 PM
    The RIGHT Implementation of this would have been if RIM made it so the BlackBerry Bridge allows you to use your BlackBerry as an input tool for the PlayBook, essentially giving you a PlayBook, with an awesome wireless thumb keyboard.

And Method of putting the Bold Keyboard onto the PlayBook would have made it too large and I wouldn't have ended up buying it, plus it would have been awkward. to deal with.

I have hopes that maybe RIM will figure this out in the future.
    I took the Blackberry Beta Zone Playbook survey and there was a question on this. They specifically asked how important was it for to use the BB keyboard as an input to the PB over bluetooth and what would I assign the urgency for it. Needless to say, I gave both questions a priority of 10.
    10-29-11 10:09 PM
    I took the Blackberry Beta Zone Playbook survey and there was a question on this. They specifically asked how important was it for to use the BB keyboard as an input to the PB over bluetooth and what would I assign the urgency for it. Needless to say, I gave both questions a priority of 10.
    I am finding myself saying "I really should register for Beta Zone" multiple times a day as of late..
    10-29-11 10:44 PM
    I am finding myself saying "I really should register for Beta Zone" multiple times a day as of late..
    Its worth it to have a BB beta account and getting the lastest releases first.
    10-30-11 12:45 AM
    A keyboard like the ASUS Transformer has would be dreamy on the playbook.

Its worth it to have a BB beta account and getting the lastest releases first.
    Never would have guessed...
    10-30-11 01:01 AM
    I think it's a great idea, but no need.
    I am waiting for the bridge link to control the playbook from my Bold. Why would I need another keyboard built in to the playbook after that? I believe it was part of the original plan and the reason not to include a keyboard/trackpad on playbook.

This will be even better, because it will be like a remote control for your playbook. Absolutely technically possible, and there are rumors it is part of OS 2.0

Can't wait.
    10-30-11 01:19 AM
    A keyboard like the ASUS Transformer has would be dreamy on the playbook.

Never would have guessed...
    There is. Find it on youtube.
    10-30-11 04:08 AM
    Correction, it's a bluetooth keyboard. I don't know if it's on the market. I haven't seen one in person.
    10-30-11 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD