I just needed to share how amazing the Spotify app for BlackBerry is. It's possibly the most amazing app that has ever been made for any BlackBerry.

If you don't have a Spotify account you should do yourself a favor and sign up for free. It says you need to have a Spotify premium account but I have the free version and the app is working perfectly. Using it on my 9810.

Developers and RIM alike should use Spotify as the basis for all future apps. It's. Freaking. Awesome.

Download from your BB browser: http://download.spotify.com/blackberry/Spotify.jad

Edit: Also.... SEE YOU LATER SAMSUNG FOCUS THAT SITS IN MY CAR FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO PLAY ZUNEPASS!!!
    Last edited by AshDizzle; 10-29-11 at 01:04 AM. Reason: add in competitor bashing comment
    10-29-11 12:59 AM
    Can't believe that no one else has commented on this. Spotify is great! Can't wait for some local file support though.
    11-15-11 09:48 PM
    Can't believe that no one else has commented on this. Spotify is great! Can't wait for some local file support though.
    I agree with you.
    12-03-11 11:29 AM
    What does it do? I don't want to just download apps if I don't know what its for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-11 12:08 PM
    Its a music streaming service. It's not available to residents of Canada.
    12-03-11 01:45 PM
    Wonder how long it's free for.
    12-03-11 04:47 PM
    Spotify is awesome!

I really wish they would make an app for the PB.

I can't stand Pandora or Slacker Radio most of the time. I have all my playlists of the exact artists/songs I want to hear in Spotify. Pandora and Slacker are a 50/50 hit or miss I'll hear something I wanna listen to...

It's completely free to use on your Desktop/laptop. You have access to millions of songs that you can organize into your own playlists without having to download any actual mp3s. The best part is that you can also listen to and create playlists with your local media files already stored on your computer.

Upgraded version takes away advertisements ($5/month). Premium allows you to use it on mobile devices ($10/month). If they had it available for the PB, I'd pay for the Premium...
    Last edited by jranciano; 12-03-11 at 05:13 PM.
    12-03-11 05:10 PM
    BBM Music is the same thing except for $5--I might pay for that!
    12-03-11 07:37 PM
    BBM Music is the same thing except for $5--I might pay for that!
    not even close. BBM Music only lets you have 50 songs of your choice max (you can listen to your friends songs BBM music songs but stack that to spotify's unlimited and friend facebook playlists), and 25 swap limit monthly. Also BBM Music is on your blackberry only.

I really don't see why RIM invested in BBM music at all, its not even remotely competitive. They should of collaborated with Spotify to get spotify BB support on launch date of BBOS7, and then connect spotify as well as facebook (**** even through pandora in the mix...they could update their 5yr old antiquated UI for BB while their at it) into BBM as a "The all new BBM 6...Now an all in one with Spotify and Facebook!" They could of easily used this as a marketing frontliner for Blackberry's transceeding social media powerhouse. I mean with BBOS7's superior Facebok/Twitter/BBM/ avec the best Spotify/Pandora music experience that shares throughout all of built-in apps in a marketing campaign, these devices would be flying with wings off the store shelves.
    Last edited by irockster9; 12-04-11 at 07:38 PM.
    12-04-11 07:28 PM
    Thanks for this info how could I ever thank you lol
    12-04-11 11:00 PM
    I really like spotify. I paid for the service because I wanted the higher quality music through my car (I have two 12" boston G5's in my trunk - quality counts, and spotify is a higher quality than pandora). There is an awful lot of music on there, including a lot of the newer releases. There is a lot of pop, a lot of metal and a lot of rap. They do have a good bit of censured music, so watch for that depending on your preference.

The app on the 9810 works really well. I have to exit and re-open if there is a drop in service. The only other thing I've noticed is that when I search and choose "artist," I get an error message. I can search song and album just fine through the app, but not artist.

Sadly, spotify is still not "official" for the BB (still in beta). It works and it is a great service. I hope they pull this out of beta soon and release an official app.

Odd note. My wife has a 9860, and it will not let her use the free account through the spotify app. A friend of mine has the 9810 and it allows him to use a free account through his 9810. I don't understand this.
    12-07-11 05:40 AM
    Thank you for posting the link. I spent way more time than I would like to admit searching spotifys site for a link and didn't find it.
    First search on crackberry got instant results. Not sure why spotify doesn't officially support the 9810 as it works perfectly as far as I can tell.
    02-26-13 07:01 PM
    No problem! Now if I can just get it working on this here Z10...
    02-27-13 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD