Trackpad - I absolutely love that it makes the experience easier, faster and more one handed. Can't believe the old posts I read by critics who chided RIM for adding a trackpad - they were/are crazy. (I'm a former Storm user)

The best things I like about having the trackpad...
    --walked thru the airport today and not only typed one-handed (one-thumbed) but moved the curser easily and exactly to edit an email before sending
    --also while walking, can easily scroll down or up in menu selections - much more accurate and faster than touchscreen alone
    --can point more exactly on a web screen to select (than with my thumb) and then just press to click

Do you agree? Why did people think a trackpad was bad - I missed it the whole time I had my Storm (as a former Treo user)?
    <ed: What is your favorite way to use the trackpad?>
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 10-30-11 at 02:29 PM. Reason: add a question
    Jake2826, eclipse33, up488 and 1 others like this.
    10-28-11 11:17 PM
    I love the trackpad and can't imagine not having it on my phone. It makes maneuvering around so much easier, especially like you said when using one hand or for selecting smaller links.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by up488; 10-29-11 at 07:24 PM.
    10-28-11 11:42 PM
    i love having the trackpad because it helps when precise clicking is needed, like on small web links.
    10-29-11 12:09 AM
    Definitely a much appreciated tool. Makes editing typos a breeze for fat fingered guys like me. I used it several times just writing this reply!

10-29-11 02:39 AM
    I absolutely have no need for the track pad. Maybe because I never had one with my Storm 1 and Storm 2 and now having a 9850 I see no reason to use it because i can do it all with my large fingers
    10-29-11 01:14 PM
    I love the track pad as well. I just wish that there was more space between the trackpad and the screen.
    10-29-11 01:16 PM
    I love the track pad as well. I just wish that there was more space between the trackpad and the screen.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. Gotta be careful or you go too far up and the cursor is at the bottom again!

10-29-11 04:11 PM
    It's great in the date-time functions like calandar or alarm. No need to go up to the screen once you're in. You can move right or left, then scroll the time and push to click -- all without moving your thumb off the tackpad. Maybe it should be called the "thumbpad" !
    10-30-11 12:10 PM
    Every iPhone user i show the trackpad to wants one. When I go into Starbucks and sign on to their FREE wifi the trackpad makes it much easier. I wish the PlayBook had one.
    10-30-11 01:25 PM
    I loved my lighted trackpad....burnt out today

10-30-11 08:08 PM
    I love it too. It's just that I forget it's there. I'm used to the Storm. LOL
    10-31-11 05:11 PM
    Im not really a trackpad fan...same as baspeed, coming from the storm 1 & 2 i dont really have a need for it!!
    10-31-11 11:56 PM
    I didn't think I'd be using the track pad much at all because of moving away from my Curve's trackball and using touch navigation to its fullest capability. However, not only has the track pad been useful for precision clicking within tight spaced links, but it's especially handy when managing player controls in embedded media players. Try using the touch screen with a sliding volume control or anything requiring dragging without moving the whole page, it's damn near impossible.

Yes, I agree. Some type of buffer between the two would be nice and also help prevent the following. I discovered that when in the Tasks feature if the keyboard is visible and you're using the track pad to scroll, you can unknowingly change the status of a task by accidentally rolling a finger onto the space bar on the keyboard. Not only will it change the status of a Task but for some reason it duplicates that Task. Until I caught myself doing it, I couldn't figure out why Tasks were replicating. A tell tale sign is that the copied Task's checkbox turns yellow with a check mark instead of that Task's orginal status icon. It also marks the original Task as not started.
    01-10-12 04:27 PM
    I wasn't sure if i would like it in the beginning but i do now. I would have been fine with an all touch torch too!

I do miss my S2...for all of ten seconds!
    01-10-12 08:20 PM
    I love my trackpad also. They should make it usable for selecting text from the screen. Why not, you do it on TV, VCR.
    01-10-12 08:23 PM
    I love my trackpad also. They should make it usable for selecting text from the screen. Why not, you do it on TV, VCR.
    When you say selecting text, do you mean highlighting for copying and pasting? If so, the trackpad does highlight text for that purpose.
    01-10-12 09:31 PM
    When you say selecting text, do you mean highlighting for copying and pasting? If so, the track-pad does highlight text for that purpose.
    I'm talking about selecting the text from the screen keyboard using the track-pad to select the text.
    Last edited by JORENO; 01-10-12 at 10:00 PM.
    01-10-12 09:57 PM
    I'm talking about selecting the text from the screen keyboard using the track-pad to select the text.
    As in, letter by letter. Got it. That could wear out a thumb or other finger real quick.
    01-10-12 10:21 PM
    ...if you like Trackpads, then you'll like the coming ability to control a PB with your keyboard and trackpad.
    01-10-12 11:45 PM
    is the trackpad meant to move when used? I had a storm 1 with no trackpad before. I just want to be sure that it is meant to move (tilt) when used.
    01-16-12 07:32 PM
    is the trackpad meant to move when used? I had a storm 1 with no trackpad before. I just want to be sure that it is meant to move (tilt) when used.
    Yes, although the tilt is slight. It responds to a slide-brush of your thumb that may be called a slight tilt. I actually call what my thumb does more of a brush - often multiple brushes.
    01-17-12 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD