So i watched the two videos on Crackberry main pages and i'm very content with what i'm seeing.

Many complain that Rim should focus on finishing OS7 and PB and they'll never reach the goal shown by the video. The truth is. Yeah they should focus on "finalizing" their current products but still they have to aim to something to create value to their shareholders. Sitting there and watching the parade wont help and from what i've seen in the videos, well its a pretty good step in the right direction.

1. Look how "enterprise oriented" those video are. Not targeting the mainstream people but indeed adding value to their business customers (which have always been their client base). I like how various interface are all interconnected to manage security and communication.

2. Adding QNX to the team is consequent with that vision. Let me paraphrase what one of the CEOs said: "you'll be surprise to see how BB will be connected with your everyday life items". QNX has experience in "things" os. So i would not be surprise that it will power our everyday item at work. (food dispensers? printers? other stuff that we don't know yet...). Even more, if i could start my oven remotly or check if i still have milk in my fridge that would be awesome. Well QNX is there so BB can talk to our everyday things

3. Rim did not much in the last year except following big names and being unable to differentiate from the competition. They are currently suffering from a very dangerous strategic risk and the way to hedge this risk is to focus on a totally different pool of customers. Reminds me of KMart VS walmart VS target. Target adjusted itself against walmart and could get stay in business. KMart did not see this coming and gradually loss its customer base. Samsung / Apple / Google are currently struggling for the same customer base. Rim is at this crossroad. However, Rim is trying to develop a parallel market. This is pretty good. Let those big guys fight against each other and, develop under the radar the new need for business man in 201X.

Well i'm confident that rim is going to stay with us for the remaining years and this should be for the best.
    10-28-11 08:18 PM
    To be completely honest, I see a lot of this happening in the near future. I know TAT has done videos like this before, but never have I seen them go so far as to show off a brand of phone so much like they did in those videos. It really makes me excited for RIM's future.

I understand that right now, they're in a hole. I'm even willing to admit that they've put themselves in this state by refusing to recognize their competition in 2007. Having said that, I firmly believe they'll get themselves out of this position.

I don't own a PlayBook, so I wasn't upset with RIM over the delay of OS 2.0. However, in the weeks following DevCon, the desire for my own PlayBook rose highly. I have a BB so none of the 2.0 features seem that appealing to me. Sure, it'll be nice, but I'd love to own a PlayBook right now. I'm even glad that they delayed 2.0 because every second they spend improving OS 2.0 software, they improve BBX smartphone software. If they've been developing BBX for the last year, BBX is going to be amazing! I wouldn't count out Mr. Balsillie's words just yet.

As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of RIM. You can call me a fanboy, but I'll take that statement in pride. I really love RIM and I love BlackBerry! I hope they succeed because their products are a perfect fit for me. BBX will be great!

I agree with you 100%!
    10-28-11 09:04 PM
    To me, the videos show huge VISION.
    If there is one thing a leader MUST do for their Team, it is to cast a HUGE VISION to draw the creative elements from each for the common purpose.

I say well done Leader
    Mastajeet likes this.
    10-28-11 09:14 PM
    @OP,
    Great post.
    I had the same feeling about RIM acquiring two companies like QNX and TAT and basically taking their products and vision off the market. The UI for the Androids had some work from the people at TAT and now TAT's website says "exclusively working for RIM".
    Yes the vision of their leader Mike L. does come across. They needed to change and they changed.
    The technologies showcased in the videos are there but in their infancy right now, and I guess by 2020 this would have been developed to an extent where the devices would integrate some of the tech showed in the videos.
    RIM, despite all being said, is still a company with a big cash reserve, negligible debt and health quarterly profits.
    It would be a shame if the instantaneous profit from stock trade analysts force the ouster of the founders and break the company from its vision for the future.
    Apple or Android do not need to die for RIM to succeed. Just RIM bringing us tech for the future.
    I shudder to think that the smartphone market be cornered by just two players and consumers have to force feed themselves whatever one company feels the consumers should want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    NuNalij likes this.
    10-29-11 05:02 AM
    @OP,
    Great post.
    I had the same feeling about RIM acquiring two companies like QNX and TAT and basically taking their products and vision off the market. The UI for the Androids had some work from the people at TAT and now TAT's website says "exclusively working for RIM".
    Yes the vision of their leader Mike L. does come across. They needed to change and they changed.
    The technologies showcased in the videos are there but in their infancy right now, and I guess by 2020 this would have been developed to an extent where the devices would integrate some of the tech showed in the videos.
    RIM, despite all being said, is still a company with a big cash reserve, negligible debt and health quarterly profits.
    It would be a shame if the instantaneous profit from stock trade analysts force the ouster of the founders and break the company from its vision for the future.
    Apple or Android do not need to die for RIM to succeed. Just RIM bringing us tech for the future.
    I shudder to think that the smartphone market be cornered by just two players and consumers have to force feed themselves whatever one company feels the consumers should want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very well said
    10-31-11 01:38 PM
    I think the first integration we'll see is in the vehicle and mobile phones. Having the same OS on the phone and vehicle have to make for some interesting integrations. Accessing video, audio, apps, GPS, voice control, contacts, and ability to utilize mobile internet connection.

This could open up the use of having one mobile phone that becomes your ID to get into your home, start your car, manage preferences throughout and allow for an omnipresence of sorts. I see how the acquisition of QNX is a game changer but they have to execute across all those products. QNX next generation car system opens up that door but they need the phones and bridge apps to make it enticing. I don't think they'll have a problem getting developers on board if they show a great car and mobile integration that bypasses carriers tethering through the use of the blackberry servers. Those old push email servers may get a new life??? That's my rant.
    10-31-11 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD