Just a heads up for devs on mobihand...

Last night the mobihand store had an issue where some apps were obtained for free. I don't know if it was a hack or a bug but products were delivered with no payment required. About 500 copies of my apps were sold last night all for a price of $0.00 and 99% of the sales were from South Korea. Most of the emails had very similar addresses and most of the users had no account on mobihand when I did a search.

I wrote mobihand about this and they replied with the following:

Thank you for reporting this to us. We have received other similar reports.

We found that a recently installed system update contained an error that enabled some users to obtain products for a price of zero. This error applied to a limited number of products displayed on a limited number of devices and it persisted for several hours.

The error has been corrected and affected orders are being cancelled.

-David

According to my records the issue persisted for approx 14 hours. So if you sell apps on mobihand it would be a good idea to check your reports.
    10-26-11 04:03 PM
    Same here, I had about 150 purchases for 0.00$ yesterday. I pulled the app off from sale but it didn't help much, all downloads came from South Korea so I suspect it was a hack.

Those purchase orders disappeared from Earnings Report but if you have mail notification for every sale, you will see the 0.00$ purchases.

I feel that we need some sort of compensation...
    10-27-11 02:07 AM
    Thank you for reporting this to us. We have received other similar reports.

We found that a recently installed system update contained an error that enabled some users to obtain products for a price of zero. This error applied to a limited number of products displayed on a limited number of devices and it persisted for several hours.

The error has been corrected and affected orders are being cancelled.

-David
    How will that help if the "customer" already has the serial code for the app?
    Last edited by miz_pimp; 10-27-11 at 03:24 AM.
    10-27-11 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD