Please bear with the long post (tl;dr at end), if your front panel buttons aren't working well, maybe this will help. I'm not sure if anyone else has found this issue, but I didn't see it anywhere. here goes:

So recently the front four buttons on my torch haven't been working well, and today I got mad enough at them that I had to find a way to fix it. What was happening was 3 of the 4 buttons were really hard to push, and didn't have a "clicky" feel, it felt more like I was just mashing them.
    I ended up pulling the front buttons panel off with my fingernail (Its just glued on...) and found that there was a little nub on the backside of each button, which press the actual electronic buttons. The one under the menu key (the one key that was working fine) was centered under the menu icon. The other 3 were pushed upwards. I pulled those 3 nubs off (again, just glued on), re-centered them under their respective icons, and placed the panel of buttons back on the BB. Viola! My buttons are clicky and responsive again. Possibly better than when it was new, which makes me wonder if the buttons wandered from their correct spots during use or if it was a manufacturing error.
    What remains to be seen is if the nubs wander again more easily since I pulled them off once, and that my front panel of buttons doesn't fall off since I pulled that off. Hopefully the original glue holds up and hasn't lost its stickyness.

Well I hope that helps somebody else, if anyone is interested I could post pics or a short video walkthrough maybe if my rambling text walkthrough wasn't clear.

TL;DR
    Front buttons didn't work, pulled buttons off, re-centered little nubs, replaced button panel. hopefully won't fall off.
    ErnieH likes this.
    10-26-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD