First of all, thanks to all that gave feedback on their devices' storage capability. I have settled for a 32GB unit and should be holding my new toy in 5 days.

I would be glad if you could provide me with some more feedback thou!

- What are the must have apps (as in, what are YOUR top 5-can't do without apps)?

- What games have you bought? (yep, I don't rank games as apps, sue me :P )

- What is the main issue with beta 2.0? What can't I do with it that I would be able to with the current OS?

- Box users, can a Box account support JAD OTA downloads? What about music and video streaming?

EDIT: Troll Disclaimer - I only buy stuff I want and I do my homework so I know pros and cons. That said, please if you don't like the PlayBook, I respect your opinion, but this thread is NOT FOR YOU.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-26-11 at 06:21 PM.
    10-26-11 03:37 PM
    5 must have apps? Seriously ? They don't even have 5 apps yet. Can you cancel your order? Why on earth anyone would order a PB is beyond me. Why not buy a Yugo? It is the Yugo of tablets.
    10-26-11 03:44 PM
    You placed your order today? Hah, almost as bad as me - i placed mine last week and it arrived today!
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 03:50 PM
    If he asked did I make the right choice previous post would make sense. Since he did not previous guy appears to be a ******. Maybe he bought it because minus all the crappy news it still works better for him? I'm not even defending rim, I just think you sir are an idi ot.

As to the OP

I enjoy geereader, tweedless, goal.com, score, and book reader

games: bloxx, xploding boxes, nova2, samurai 2, wordstone and gem splitter to name a few.

never tried 2.0 so i cannot comment and I never tried doing that with box so im unsure.

hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 03:55 PM
    Did you find a good deal on the 32gb to pull the trigger?
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 03:57 PM
    Definitely get a file browser cuz there isn't a native one, didn't go for the dev 2.0 release so I can't help you there, and personally I'm addicted to the games Tofu, Bejeweled2, and Bubble Birds. New ones are being added quite frequently now. There are some good sites to stream movies and videos. Crackle.com is one. Hope you enjoy your new pb. A majority of us are frustrated with the delayed release of 2.0 so please excuse us if we aren't our usual friendly, welcoming selves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT: And I also like the Berry News Reader as well.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 10-26-11 at 04:04 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 04:00 PM
    For me, BlackBerry News, PlayEpub or Book Reader, BlueBox, Conqu (to do), Kindle (Android).

I'm missing the video chat feature on the 2.0. That's about it.

Haven't bought any games yet, waiting for FIFA2012 if EA is going to release it....
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 04:03 PM
    I just got mine on this past Tuesday. One question about the 5.0 mp camera, is it just me or does it seem grainy while you are taking a picture. am I doing it wrong?
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 04:06 PM
    Hello,
    I can answer a few:
    Besides the full web browsing and bridge (which saves me $50.00 bucks per month vs 3g tablet)

My favorite app is Video Chat. I use it with my wife and other family members often.
    then Groovy Notes
    facebook
    Scrapbook
    BlueBox (it can support videos but I'm not sure what you mean by video streaming)
    Package Tracking

My favorite games are:
    NOVA2
    Nebula
    Spiderman (my son loves this and therefore I play it quite a bit with him)
    Rocket Storm

The OS2 should be able to run many android apps and also BB Movies. I guess these features will be nice but I don't feel an urgent need for them. I think the issue is that if they give us a date, we want them to stick to it so come February I would like to see it. Still, the Playbook is just neat and the size is perfect for me.
    I currently just download a couple of movies from my PC to keep the kids busy during road trips and such.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-26-11 at 04:11 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 04:08 PM
    Despite all of the "bad news" regarding lack of updates (and lack of apps), these are the must-have apps (it's hard to find more than 4):

Poynt
    ScoreMobile
    File Manager
    Scrapbook

There are some good games:
    Asphalt 6
    Bejeweled 2
    Tofu
    Battle Frogging 2
    Dead Space
    diegonei likes this.
    10-26-11 04:10 PM
    im with you Diegonei...i actually just purchased two, and counting down the days til i get to enjoy my playbook !! Got one for me and one for the gf. so sad to see all the sad faces regarding the playbook...

i think its great for what it is, and looking forward (patiently) to what it will be !
    10-26-11 04:10 PM
    I hate to be negative but personally I'd return it. I have a 16gb model and while i love some of the features, some basic updates which should've been done to the tablet (autocorrect, native email, browser speed optimization, etc) still are an issue. Great hardware, unfortunate execution of software.

If you can, return it.
    10-26-11 04:31 PM
    Some of the apps I like are,

Blaq (twitter app), score mobile, nobex radio, news 360, poynt, kobo books, vevo, tungle calendar(I use the bridge calendar for the most part though), reel portal is ok for video chat, whats up is a cool astronomy app, and of course the crackberry app.

Some of the games I like are,

Need for Speed, Tetris, Dead Space, Nebula, Spot the Difference, Burn the City, and Front Runner. I also play some flash games online like plants vs zombies.

Anyway, it is a great tablet. Don't let people who either don't have a clue (one of those already posted I see) or are obsessed with updates get you down. Enjoy your playbook.
    10-26-11 04:33 PM
    Games, all easily worth it:
    Burn the City (very good game and priced right)
    Moto X Mayhem
    Angry Apes
    GemClix
    PopcornRush
    Fly Squirrel Fly 2
    10-26-11 04:37 PM
    My most used Apps:
    MOST IMPORTANT -> CrackBerry app
    1.Blaq (twitter acount $1.99)
    2.Box (Cloud Storage 50Gb )
    3.AIR Browser (Brows files and folders on to you PB)
    4.Poyt (to find tickets for movies phone number from yellow pages/white, book tabel restaurants, and find concerts on to your city.)
    5.eWEEK HD (news app all around the world in HD)
    6.BlackBerry New's (same thing news but this one lets you choose your RSS Feeds)
    7.Score Mobile (see scores for various teams, MLB, NFL, NCAAF, CFL, NHL,...ETC)
    8.QFolio (Stocks APP if you are in to that thing RIMM ??)
    9.ScrapBook (like the title say)
    10.Screamager (LED Display on to your PlayBook awesome one see here)

Games i dont play on my PB but when im bored i play this ones:
    DodleBlast, Hungry Critters, Keep Up,
    Preinstalled Games
    Tetris, NSF Undercover.
    10-26-11 05:06 PM
    Apps:
    Evernote
    Get It Done
    Conqu
    Air Browser
    BlueBox
    DBase
    GroovyNotes

Games:
    FBoard
    Solitaire

Honorable Mentions:
    BASIC
    Drums
    GeeReader
    10-26-11 05:24 PM
    Thanks all for listing your tops apps. I know it is very hard to select only 5, but keep at it!

I still wanna hear about BOX and from people using beta 2.0 thou! Keep the info coming!

Now, some replies...

Did you find a good deal on the 32gb to pull the trigger?
    It has just launched this week here in Brasil. I don't think we'll see any good deals any time soon. For all of you that bought the device for $399, see how blessed you are: I paid around $941 for mine.

RIM better put this money to good use.

I was about to import one, what would've been a lot cheaper, but I find paying extra and bing able to get warranty is the best thing to do. Had I imported and the device failed to boot (for example) I would not be able to do anything but play frisbee with it.

majority of us are frustrated with the delayed release of 2.0 so please excuse us if we aren't our usual friendly, welcoming selves.
    You guys probably feel somewhat like I did when my 8520 didn't get OS6... And when my 9780 didn't get 6.1/7...

Besides the full web browsing and bridge (which saves me $50.00 bucks per month vs 3g tablet)
    And this, dear theguitarplayer, is just ONE reason many of us gone PlayBook instead of whatever else is out there.
    10-26-11 06:20 PM
    Cancel your order and wait till "February" when the magical OS2 fairy is supposed to come with a new OS.
    10-26-11 06:48 PM
    5 must have apps? Seriously ? They don't even have 5 apps yet. Can you cancel your order? Why on earth anyone would order a PB is beyond me. Why not buy a Yugo? It is the Yugo of tablets.
    Sure they do -

They have Guitar Star, Guitar for Playbook, Guitar Tuner, Guitarists reference, Guitar tronome

That's 5

Did you ignore the troll disclaimer?

To answer OP better it would be helpful to know what you want to use it for - just entertainment?

I mean I have top 5s in different categories - fun, useful, professionally useful....not sure one man's top will have anything to do with what you would like or would be useful to you....
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-26-11 at 07:05 PM.
    10-26-11 07:02 PM
    I just got mine on this past Tuesday. One question about the 5.0 mp camera, is it just me or does it seem grainy while you are taking a picture. am I doing it wrong?
    Low light is probably the issue - it doesn't do well indoors with artificial light.
    10-26-11 07:03 PM
    Sure they do -

They have Guitar Star, Guitar for Playbook, Guitar Tuner, Guitarists reference, Guitar tronome

That's 5

Did you ignore the troll disclaimer?

To answer OP better it would be helpful to know what you want to use it for - just entertainment?

I mean I have top 5s in different categories - fun, useful, professionally useful....not sure one man's top will have anything to do with what you would like or would be useful to you....
    His post was the reason for the disclimer. We can't blame that one on him, I should have expected trolls.

You have a good point, different kinds of users will have different app priorities. Well, reason I have a BlackBerry is getting stuff done. I see the PlayBook as a extention of my handhelp, a replacer for my 2.7kg laptop for being on the go and a possible browsing/enternainment station (of thing I know for sure, I won't use it for music and videos will only be on it when hooked to the TV. HDMI. Can't wait to try that).

Low light is probably the issue - it doesn't do well indoors with artificial light.
    BlackBerry with flashlight app (or plain simple video recorder then hit space bar) should be enough to fix that I take it?
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-26-11 at 07:57 PM.
    10-26-11 07:54 PM
    So, beta OS 2.0 users. Where are you?
    10-27-11 11:38 AM
    OS2 User here
    You can use OS2 to run Android apps which allows you get "native features" that people have been moaning about on this board like it's a virus. Mind you, I bet people will harp on how the Native e-mail, calender, etc is crap when it comes out.

So for Apps:
    Unit Converter - More comprehensive then the one in the Native Calculator
    ISpeech Translation
    Cooklet - I'm a foodie
    Stars - I'm using the free version atm but when the dev gets the GPS function up I'm definitely buying the full one
    Instrument Tuner - Really handy for musicians for fine tuning any instrument including your own voice.
    Advanced Task Killer Pro (Droid)- To close Android applications just in case they remain running in the backround even after you "close" them.
    Dolphin Browser (Droid)- Loving the gesture shortcut function. Take notice RIM!
    Astro (Droid)- A much better file/folder manager then Air Browser
    K-9 Mail/Kaiten Mail (Droid)- Native e-mail period.
    Whatsapp (Droid)- social networking client which supports BBM contacts.

As for Box, I can confirm it works perfectly in 2.0. Just uploaded several large work files (356MB in total) this morning without a hitch.

Big negative about OS2 is that Video Camera playback seems messed up. I can record video but I cannot play it back. If you upload videos/movies though there's no problem.

So all in all I'm loving my Playbook 64GB! I think you will too!

That's all I got. Enjoy!
    diegonei likes this.
    10-27-11 01:25 PM
    i use my pb for business mostly.
    BB News
    Poynt
    Files and Folders
    Facebook

Dead space
    Apolline @ Leon (for young kids)
    Sling golf

Enjoy your PB
    i do
    diegonei likes this.
    10-27-11 02:20 PM
    OS2 User here
    You can use OS2 to run Android apps which allows you get "native features" that people have been moaning about on this board like it's a virus. Mind you, I bet people will harp on how the Native e-mail, calender, etc is crap when it comes out.

As for Box, I can confirm it works perfectly in 2.0. Just uploaded several large work files (356MB in total) this morning without a hitch.

Big negative about OS2 is that Video Camera playback seems messed up. I can record video but I cannot play it back. If you upload videos/movies though there's no problem.

So all in all I'm loving my Playbook 64GB! I think you will too!

That's all I got. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the feedback! What else is "broken" in the beta?

As for native PIN... I don't mind if they ever come, I'm planing on using Bridge and Google anyway.
    10-27-11 03:17 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD