Finally I�m a proud owner brand new Torch 9810 !!!

The first unit I got had a very very sensitive lock button so I got it replaced with a brand new one. And guess what... I casually asked about the 9800 battery door and the sales rep gave it to me free !! .... its not that I don�t like the new door as it grew on me over a period of time when I used to play with display units at the various stores but the grip of the black door is amazing and it matches really well with the overall colour combination.. I bought a OEM case for it and its a perfect match for this phone.

Attachment 96089

Attachment 96090

I�m so happy with this phone. Considering my previous phone was 8520, this is a huge step for me. The overall built is very solidly tight and hi-end, the display is so amazingly crisp, the touch interface is very smooth, the slider is very solid, keyboard was easy to adopt and even virtual keyboard is also a great experience for me...and the main reasons I chose this phone over 9900... The bigger screen and auto focus camera !!! glad I took the right decision in spending my hard earned $600..

Using this phone from last two days, I think battery life would be sufficient for me for a day. The only weird thing I observed today is when I was sending a mail in the noon the battery indicator was on around 70%. After sending mail, I casually tried to open the menu for FB but the menu froze and battery indicator dropped to 10% !! still the menu screen was frozen, I connected the phone to charger and it went completely dead... after 1-2 minutes on charger when I touch the screen, it came back to life perfectly normal and battery indicator was back to 65%... phone is normal since then.. anybody experienced this ?? I have seen spinning clock couple of times mainly when I was updating the App world but I think its because I�m on EDGE network... I �m sure these small bugs will get cleared in upcoming updates.

I'm super excited with this beautiful device.

Thank you CB friends for helping me to chose right device with your helpful posts.
    Last edited by nfsw; 10-26-11 at 02:52 PM.
    10-26-11 02:30 PM
    I wish I had gone with the 9810 instead of my 9900!
    10-26-11 02:54 PM
    I just picked up the 9810, previous 9700, 9800, and Captivate owner. I don't quite understand why more people aren't excited for this device (9810). It doesn't have the cosmetic appeal, keyboard, or quick functionality of the 9900 but I think its the best BB for a combination of messaging and media needs. The 9900 seems to be a the perfect messaging device but poor media device. The new all touchscreen torch seems geared toward heavy media users. The 9810 is the perfect combination IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 05:27 PM
    Looks good, just ordered that battery door off amazon for $5.

10-26-11 07:29 PM
    Looks good, just ordered that battery door off amazon for $5.

Yes. It looks really neat. I'm gonna buy another one and keep it as a spare.

10-27-11 12:16 AM
    I just picked up the 9810, previous 9700, 9800, and Captivate owner. I don't quite understand why more people aren't excited for this device (9810). It doesn't have the cosmetic appeal, keyboard, or quick functionality of the 9900 but I think its the best BB for a combination of messaging and media needs. The 9900 seems to be a the perfect messaging device but poor media device. The new all touchscreen torch seems geared toward heavy media users. The 9810 is the perfect combination IMO.

That's very true my friend. Though 9900 is a awesome device, 9810 is really under estimated.

lma13 likes this.
    10-27-11 12:26 AM
    I wish I had gone with the 9810 instead of my 9900!
    To each his own. My need was a bigger screen and auto focus camera. I really liked 9900, but going to 2.8" from 2.4" was not at all exciting for me and auto focus is so important for my work as so many times I need to take various snaps and send thru mail. NFC would be a dream in India for somedays so I don't care for that. 9900 has best keyboard in the world but I don't see myself writing too longer mails everyday so my choice was very clear. Both phones has different form factors for different people. Both are awesome devices.

Last edited by nfsw; 10-27-11 at 10:17 AM.
    10-27-11 05:03 AM
    I just picked up the 9810, previous 9700, 9800, and Captivate owner. I don't quite understand why more people aren't excited for this device (9810). It doesn't have the cosmetic appeal, keyboard, or quick functionality of the 9900 but I think its the best BB for a combination of messaging and media needs. The 9900 seems to be a the perfect messaging device but poor media device. The new all touchscreen torch seems geared toward heavy media users. The 9810 is the perfect combination IMO.Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree......I've said this before, I sincerely hope this slider form factor becomes a standard for rim and they make a 9900 style slider.
    THAT...would be the ultimate blackberry IMO
    10-27-11 06:17 AM
    i really want to get a 9810 device but it's too expensive for me. it cost 3000 yuan and then some in China!!
    10-27-11 08:54 AM
    I agree......I've said this before, I sincerely hope this slider form factor becomes a standard for rim and they make a 9900 style slider.
    THAT...would be the ultimate blackberry IMO
    Thats would be an awesome device
    10-27-11 10:19 AM
    9810 in white is stunning
    9900 in white will be as well

10-29-11 01:05 AM
    Its been 5 days now with this phone and I just love it.. the battery indicator acted weird the other day but now everything seems to be fine..

Battery life is awesome... I'm using this phone with daily usage like 2 hrs avg voice calls... 15-20 mails... 20-25 sms's... FB refreshes every 1/2 hrs... avg 45 mins-1 hr of browsing mainly CB... and today I'm left with 35% at 10.30 pm after unplugging the phone off the charger at 8.30 am in the morning fully charged... I think thats awesome considering the bigger screen... and my Bluetooth headset continuously on during this period...

I�m loving it..
    10-29-11 12:46 PM
    My only complaint is the headphones provided with the phone are horrible quality... my 8520 came with really good quality headphones compare to these... why can’t RIM provide good quality headphones with this phone when they are selling it unlocked @ bloody 600$ ?? Though anybody on the contract, they are extracting money from us thru carriers indirectly anyway right ??
    10-29-11 01:22 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your new device. I love mine! As someone else said, I'm not sure why more people aren't grabbing these up. They are the perfect form factors of touch screen and physical keyboard. Whenever I think about picking up an iPhone or Android I end up thinking to myself, why? I have it all in this device.
    10-29-11 04:00 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your new device. I love mine! As someone else said, I'm not sure why more people aren't grabbing these up. They are the perfect form factors of touch screen and physical keyboard. Whenever I think about picking up an iPhone or Android I end up thinking to myself, why? I have it all in this device.
    Thats true. now, so many times I type short sms's using virtual keyboard... its a real fun and I�m improving at it day by day.. when there is a requirement of accurate and long typing, I just slide out the keyboard and I�m done. I think this choice is really cool and that is too with a big screen... I just love touch screen convenience with typical BB features which I need in my everyday work...
    10-29-11 10:41 PM
    Its been 2 weeks with my 9810 and I absolutely love it. The only weird thing is all of a sudden, from last 2-3 days, the lock button started making squeaking sound. I never dropped the phone. I tried to blow air thru the gap thinking it must be some dust particles causing it but the sound is still there. Its not big problem but I hope it will not lead to other troubles.

Anybody facing this ?? I just don't understand what caused this ??

11-06-11 12:00 PM
    Compared to the 9900 the Torch is ugly.
    But, it is the all-around BlackBerry. Great for media, with a large horizontal screen, but also fast at typing with its sliding keyboard. I still personally might have gone with the Bold if I had a chance to use each for a few days, mainly because of the NFC, but I think the Torch is still great. My first phone, and I love it.
    11-06-11 05:40 PM
    ahhh I'm thinking of going 9810 instead of 9900 because Rogers has it for 1 penny for me instead of the bold for 169.99....

With same processor and specs I don't get why I'd pay almost 200 dollars for a better keyboard...plus I hear the 9810 keyboard is improved over the 9800...I can type pretty fast on my 9800.
    11-06-11 05:50 PM
    Its been 2 weeks with my 9810 and I absolutely love it. The only weird thing is all of a sudden, from last 2-3 days, the lock button started making squeaking sound. I never dropped the phone. I tried to blow air thru the gap thinking it must be some dust particles causing it but the sound is still there. Its not big problem but I hope it will not lead to other troubles.

Any thoughts on this anyone ??

Thanks

11-06-11 11:07 PM
    And guess what... I casually asked about the 9800 battery door and the sales rep gave it to me free !! ....
    Congratulations on your new phone. I am from India (Bombay) as well. Your post has converted me, potential 9900 buyer to 9810. I found the battery door of the 9810 a little too tacky for my taste, but didn't know that the battery door of 9800 fits perfectly well.
    Could you please inform which store you purchased your phone from as I would love it if the sales guy gives me the same deal. If not, I don't mind paying extra for the 9800 door.
    Thanks
    11-07-11 06:16 AM
    Hi Kishore, I'm in Pune. I think I just got lucky to get the black door as free cause one of my Friend bought from the same store but that sales rep was not there anymore and the other guys refused my friend to give 9800 door.

But I think you can try at the BB service centre. Even I want to buy another one as a spare.

Its a amazing phone. Just go for it. It looks really cool with the black door.

Last edited by nfsw; 11-07-11 at 11:53 AM.
    11-07-11 11:44 AM
    9810 not avaible in turkey
    11-09-11 04:34 AM

Any solution to this problem my friends ??
    11-09-11 05:00 AM
    There is a video on youtube of the teardown of a 9800 and the guy mentions it, something to do with the way the rubber rubs on the plastic key, I think. I haven't had this problem but he does mention a fix for it and to tear it down that far is only 6 screws. If you don't mind voiding your warranty.
    11-09-11 06:09 AM
    There is a video on youtube of the teardown of a 9800 and the guy mentions it, something to do with the way the rubber rubs on the plastic key, I think. I haven't had this problem but he does mention a fix for it and to tear it down that far is only 6 screws. If you don't mind voiding your warranty.
    Thanks homer

But I think I will live with it as I don't want to void my warranty.
    11-09-11 06:28 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD