View Poll Results: What rating do you give your Playbook?

Voters
401. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

132 32.92%
  • Good

147 36.66%
  • Average

44 10.97%
  • Bad

45 11.22%
  • Terrible

33 8.23%
    In light of the announcement that a major OS update won't be happening until February, how do CB members feel about their Playbooks?
    CracklePot and emknc like this.
    10-26-11 09:58 AM
    I beleive my Jokebook is a great device that RIM has finally successfully rendered irrelevant. I will continue to use it for surfing and playing movies but I will no longer use it out in public due to embarassment.
    10-26-11 10:00 AM
    Ok for what it is, bad for what it could have been
    belsunce likes this.
    10-26-11 10:01 AM
    I beleive my Jokebook is a great device that RIM has finally successfully rendered irrelevant. I will continue to use it for surfing and playing movies but I will no longer use it out in public due to embarassment.
    You could pretend that your PB the much admired Kindle Mire when in public and no one would know that your device is actually 10 times more capable.
    10-26-11 10:06 AM
    Positive ratings predominate in the early going.
    10-26-11 10:43 AM
    The delayed OS2 release is disappointing but at least there is an update and a date! The PB performs well for a tablet but Rim is missing a big opportunity by not releasing parts of it NOW especially before the holidays.
    Just Me likes this.
    10-26-11 10:44 AM
    You could pretend that your PB the much admired Kindle Mire when in public and no one would know that your device is actually 10 times more capable.
    Another sort of silly poll.

I suspect as a 7" web browser the Kindle Fire will do great. It certainly will sell better than the PB. 10x more capable of what else? You know that 97.52% of statistics are made up on the spot right? 10x faster? 10x storage space? (nope).

As stated above - the PB is clearly "capable" of more - but that requires RIM.
    10-26-11 10:53 AM
    The delayed OS2 release is disappointing but at least there is an update and a date!
    You don't read between the lines too well do you?

We expect to deliver the new BlackBerry PlayBook OS to customers in February 2012 and we’ll continue to keep you updated as we progress to the launch.
    We sort of think that maybe we might have something sort of done in late February hopefully is what was said.
    Last edited by rdkempt; 10-26-11 at 10:57 AM.
    Chrisy and JeepBB like this.
    10-26-11 10:55 AM
    play book is great as it is and RIM yesterday even announced an update so its getting even better, compared with a bookreader i take playbook any time, you are looking for a back up computer? everybody needs two computers because sooner or later your PC is going to crash, and then what no access to internet for suggestions, and so esp with the current sale, playbook is perfect for that and on and on.
    10-26-11 11:00 AM
    You don't read between the lines too well do you?

We sort of think that maybe we might have something sort of done in late February hopefully is what was said.
    Two days ago they "expected a late fall release"
    bbvj likes this.
    10-26-11 11:08 AM
    I voted excellant because it basically is. It desperately needs search in PDFs and other functions but it has Bridge so that helps. The benefits far outweigh the negatives but RIM has to start communicating better its objectives, and meet them. Its just going to drive people away. Once they actually get BBX ready to go for real, I'm confident it will be an amazing combo (phone and tab)
    10-26-11 11:10 AM
    its alright but could be better.

whoever voted terrible must not have used an Archos tablet or the 7" viewsonic.
    louzer likes this.
    10-26-11 02:27 PM
    I voted "good"
    I wished it could be more like a full featured BB, Android (not player) and a touch of IPAD
    It does exactly what it did out of the box to my liking and any new updates is a bonus!
    10-26-11 02:48 PM
    Bumping for more responses. Looks like this poll as did all previous similar ones shows that on this forum that the whiners are a distinct minority.
    10-26-11 05:21 PM
    I do get made fun of when people ask me which tablet I have. The head of IT security in my firm actually said "I'm sorry" when I told him I have a Playbook.

I don't care, I still think at the price I paid, there is no competition.
    10-26-11 05:24 PM
    the playbook is not bad, but the price for one is really too high..
    10-26-11 05:36 PM
    I'm glad I didn't pay full retail for this. I'm really discouraged by today's announcement.
    10-26-11 05:53 PM
    It does exactly what I expected it would. I own a Civil Engineering & Surveying Business and don't need something to play games on. What I do need is a portable device that can display pdf's of my construction drawings while out of the office. I need something to take notes on instead of a yellow pad that I would eventually have to type into my laptop (Word To Go). I can review email from clients and open attachments in a format that is easy to read. For the $250.00 it cost at staples, it has already paid for itself.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    10-26-11 06:04 PM
    Kind of like buying an Edsel or Nash Rambler, huh!
    10-26-11 08:28 PM
    You could pretend that your PB the much admired Kindle Mire when in public and you could PRETEND that your pb is actually 10 times more capable.
    Fixed it for you.
    10-26-11 08:30 PM
    The delayed OS2 release is disappointing but at least there is an update and a date! The PB performs well for a tablet but Rim is missing a big opportunity by not releasing parts of it NOW especially before the holidays.
    There is NOT a date. Read the blog again: EXPECT is the operative non-committal word.
    10-26-11 08:32 PM
    Why complain. Amazon has a TRADE IN program. You can trade your pb and get an Amazon Tablet. Look it up. You may qualify. Then you can burn down their forums.
    black hole likes this.
    10-26-11 08:33 PM
    I do get made fun of when people ask me which tablet I have. The head of IT security in my firm actually said "I'm sorry" when I told him I have a Playbook.

I don't care, I still think at the price I paid, there is no competition.
    Thank you, I'm still laughing.
    10-26-11 08:35 PM
    I love these "truth be told" polls. Nice work shoots...
    Once again putting the vocal minority in their place.
    10-26-11 08:36 PM
    I voted good only because for a beta device it isn't so bad.
    10-26-11 08:49 PM
198 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD