Bluetooth 4, announced sometime last year, is now a component of the new iPhone. Desperately looking for a reason to remain with Blackberry, can you tell me if the new Berry's have similar capabilities to accommodate/or currently have/ Bluetooth 4?
    10-26-11 08:00 AM
    I doubt about BT3.0
    Good news is at this point 4 is not needed..
    Most of hardware/ software are still tightly supporting BT2.0/ 2.1

Do you know differences between BT 3.0 and BT 4.0 ?.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 08:32 AM
    I don't even know what difference they make but I'm not a tech guy. I think the biggest reason to remain with BB besides all the old standard ones (security, keyboard, reliability) and the new OS7 ones (1.2Ghz processor, great web experience, great youtube) I would add the fact that I just fell in love with ShortCutMe (SCM).

Talk about efficiency and control. BlackBerry has to be the most customizable phone in the universe. Touch one key and BOOM! Four things happen, touch another and you can make whatever you want happen.

I have my convenience keys suppercharged.
    1 click SMC menu and I launch: e-mail to wife, turn off wifi, turn on Blue tooth, turn on DriveSafe.ly. at home I just hit something similar and reverse it all.
    2 clicks launch my camera
    3 clicks launch my HD video recorder
    4 clicks launch my flashlight. I used this morning and though to myself "wow, this thing is awesome."
    I also set up my space bar to launch my music player and my favorite website.

I can do all of this in two second while drinking coffee with my other hand. That is functional and awesome.

I would just like to add that I left BB and came back running as soon as the Torch1 came out. It is nowhere near as powerful as the T2 or the Bold 9930 but it was enough. But sometimes it takes not having something to really appreciate it.

Maybe you should try both the Bold 9930 or Torch 9810 and whatever other device you are interested in and just return the one that you don't like. I think the new BB's rock but if you love the phone you have it is the right phone.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-26-11 at 08:49 AM.
    10-26-11 08:44 AM
    Bluetooth 4, announced sometime last year, is now a component of the new iPhone. Desperately looking for a reason to remain with Blackberry, can you tell me if the new Berry's have similar capabilities to accommodate/or currently have/ Bluetooth 4?
    Best reason i can think of to stay with a BlackBerry...
    10-26-11 09:41 AM
    Does it even matter if I know what BT4 is, or isn't? (It's a low-power functioning BT) The bottom line seems to be that whenever a new, proven, more functional smart-phone technology emerges, you can bet that Blackberry is still two generations or more behind the curve, and T-Mobile will probably be the last to sell it. One only needs to read some of the millions of words on the Internet by savvy IT folks, and in the print media, that point to the pending demise of RIM, and the devouring of TMO by ATT. They just don't get it; their leadership needs to be renewed, and someone there needs to step out of the box and do SOMETHING to earn the respect and business of their customers. All of this is notwithstanding RIM's recent, reckless collapse, affecting most Berries around the world!

Hello? Can you hear us now???
    10-26-11 07:03 PM
    "recent reckless collapse"? Are you serious? RIM didn't collapse. Their servers had an issue and affected millions of users, yes, and so did Apple on the last day the RIM was partially down, or did you not hear about that one?

Did you not hear that their server farms crashed under load with the release and subsequent mass download of IOS 5 - and that many users LOST their existing OS while attempting to upgrade to IOS 5 during that time, rendering their phones totally useless, no phone, no nothing? I guess they were "reckless" too? Do they also need new management? Should they wake up as well? RIM screwed up, Apple screwed up. That's life - move on. Go get the free download gifts from RIM.

As far as the "pending demise of RIM" goes, this is the internet and in all its glorious BS. RIM isn't going away - not now and not for a long time. They will possibly get taken over by someone like a behemoth carrier,or a Microsoft, but they are far from any type of "demise" or "collapse". They're not going the way of Palm.

I think you should just bite the bullet and buy an Android phone. I hear they will soon have Bluetooth 4, which may be a perfect reason for you to switch!
    10-26-11 07:59 PM
    When we were kids, and something nasty was happening on TV, we'd all cover our eyes and pretend it wasn't there....

Keep the faith, brotha!! Meanwhile here comes the Apple Cart. See ya.
    10-26-11 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD