Hey everyone
    i been working on this bricked phone trying to load up a couple different OSs onto a friends 8530.
    normally i dont have any problems doing this, but this one is acting a bit different.
    this bricked phone is being recognized by the computer and apploader but nothing else. (oh well)
    when im trying to re-install the OS it doesn't come up as "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" in the app loader any more... it gives me the actual PIN right away. (i thought awesome... that makes my job a little easier.... i was wrong)
    anyway the app loader goes through the whole process without any errors or random pop-ups, but when it says the stuff is successful, the phone just goes back into the reset loop.
    i been trying numerous things such as: different OSs, different ways of putting an OS on a device, changing what i actually want to go onto the device, etc.

i thought maybe i was doing something wrong in one of the steps so i thought hey... i should repeat these steps with my own personal phone.. so i bricked my tour 9630.. and followed all the steps and loaded a new OS on there without a hitch... (yay me lol)

if anyone got any ideas about this 8530, please dont hesitate to tell. if you need any more info from me, post or PM.
    10-25-11 10:58 PM
    Had this issue with my girlfriend's 8130. I took it apart and the problem was that (since it had been dropped so many times) the left side cover (silver siding) was screwed on a bit loose, so it needed some tweaking..

Anyways, yeah I took it apart, cleaned it, made sure none of the connectors had become jarred loose, and put it back together. After reloading the OS again, it booted up just fine.

(And worked for 2 more months until it finally gave up from the abuse and the antenna started loosing connection non-stop..but that's beside the point..)

hope that helps!
    10-25-11 11:32 PM
    Thanks Man,
    but giving it a good clean just didnt fix the problem. i made sure all the connectors were in perfect positions. i didnt see any water damage, no cracks, no real signs of "abuse".
    im just in the middle of downloading some other OS to go onto the device and see how that works out...
    but im still open to suggestions!
    10-26-11 09:09 PM
    Well I managed to fix this damn phone... had to use a combination of app loader, BBSAK, and an old version of 5.0 OS
    used the app loader to freeze the repeat cycle then BBSAK to reset the device. once the device was done reseting i used the apploader again to load the older OS onto the device. but i noticed the apploader only took like a quarter of a second showing the unkown PIN so i had to try this acoupple times. (alot shorter then it usually takes with a "normal" bricked phone)
    after i had the old OS on there it was easy to do a wireless update to OS 6.0
    so now all is well with the phone and back to full working order.
    11-03-11 02:20 PM
    Glad you got it sorted out. So basically you had to brick it and then unbrick it. At least it's up and working now.
    11-06-11 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD