More detail to the possible Colt coming out. Again, just rumours. Sigh.

Don't believe the picture either. It looks like a gumless 9860, just shopped to crap.

Single-core 1.2GHz processor (same as Bold 9900), word has it that the same dual-core processor in PlayBook is a huge battery killer, but a dual-core processor is still in the works and currently in working prototypes
    900+ screen resolution (could be same as PlayBook for easy transition of apps)
    4.x″ touchscreen

Here are the fresh specs we’ve learned:

Thinner than the Bold 9900, 9930
    Similar outer stainless steel bezel unibody as the Bold 9900, 9930
    TAT transitions coupled in BBX (see demo of it here)
    Similar battery as PlayBook (no more battery pulls!)
    No physical buttons
    All swipe inner bezel
    Front and back facing cameras, with enhanced flash and focus

Rumour: New specs leak of the BBX-powered BlackBerry Colt, comes with a mock up | MobileSyrup.com
    Last edited by rcheung135; 10-25-11 at 07:45 PM.
    10-25-11 07:42 PM
    I'm personally hoping for a less curved design, I want it to resemble the PlayBook.
    JR A likes this.
    10-25-11 08:00 PM
    I'm personally hoping for a less curved design, I want it to resemble the PlayBook.
    I agree! Could look a little more sexier!
    10-25-11 08:03 PM
    Really... I just want it to exist LOL.

Mobile Syrup is usually a pretty decent source of information so hopefully there is a lot of truth to what is posted. Of course, it could be a real leak of information, but like everything has been for the last three years it will be a total oversell of the phone's ability.

I used to be such a BlackBerry fan but the constant let downs are starting to get to me
    10-25-11 08:04 PM
    I don't think this is possible because it just lists a single core processor, but I like everything else.
    10-25-11 08:26 PM
    I agree! Could look a little more sexier!
    Yup, and we've had the curved design since what, the curve 8900 was it? New operating system, let's give the outside a facelift too.
    10-25-11 08:26 PM
    ...Mobile Syrup is usually a pretty decent source of information so hopefully there is a lot of truth to what is posted....(
    Same old story...
    The OP is quoting a story from Mobile Syrup, who got it from N4BB. Who knows where N4BB got it from.

Rumours get distributed around the tech blog with so much speed and frequency that it's nearly impossible to confirm any sources.

Def won't have a single core processor.
    10-25-11 08:40 PM
    it will be a galaxy note married to nokia n9, using faux-webos-meego BBX..? sounds interesting. so the colt is touchscreen slab...how about qwerty handset? any news? like Blackberry W. Bold Jr?
    10-25-11 09:27 PM
    Really... I just want it to exist LOL.

Mobile Syrup is usually a pretty decent source of information so hopefully there is a lot of truth to what is posted. Of course, it could be a real leak of information, but like everything has been for the last three years it will be a total oversell of the phone's ability.

I used to be such a BlackBerry fan but the constant let downs are starting to get to me
    It's kind of sad really. The company and management has lost so much credibility, all rumours that come out seem to be fantasy.
    10-25-11 11:51 PM
    i hope they don't make it so that you cannot remove the battery i hate apple because of that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-26-11 12:46 AM
    Yup, and we've had the curved design since what, the curve 8900 was it? New operating system, let's give the outside a facelift too.
    I think it was the 8520.
    10-26-11 12:57 AM
    i hope they don't make it so that you cannot remove the battery i hate apple because of that.
    It will be great that it won't require battery pulls anymore. But it should be able to have the battery removeable so they can swap a dead battery with a full one. Even cooler would be where the device keeps running while you swap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 01:05 AM
    I can see a single core CPU being fine for now, at 1.2GHz the Bold 9900 already has one of the highest clocked single core CPU's out there, only the HTC Titan with a 1.5GHz (off the top of my head!) has higher.

There are a few dual core phones out there but I'm not sure its really needed, RIM has always had lower CPU specs that the competition mainly due to battery concerns, I'd rather have halfway decent battery life than a Blackberry that lasts 6 hours....
    10-26-11 02:31 AM
    What about a BBX phone with a physical keyboard?
    Is a keyboard phone no longer the "flagship" phone?
    Does QNX support smaller screen sizes?
    Is the famous BlackBerry menu and Back buttons a thing from the past?

It's going to be interesting to see if the core of BlackBerry users honestly want an all touch BBX phone without a physical keyboard because isn't that the reason why BlackBerry still in business? How is RIM going to convince the average BlackBerry user NOT to move over iOS and Android if the keyboard isn't even there?

I just feel RIM is an weird situation. They know they have to compete with iOS and Android by creating a multimedia+app friendly, large touch screen environment but will it be at the expense of RIM's current core of users?
    10-26-11 02:52 AM
    What about a BBX phone with a physical keyboard?
    Is a keyboard phone no longer the "flagship" phone?
    Does QNX support smaller screen sizes?
    Is the famous BlackBerry menu and Back buttons a thing from the past?

It's going to be interesting to see if the core of BlackBerry users honestly want an all touch BBX phone without a physical keyboard because isn't that the reason why BlackBerry still in business? How is RIM going to convince the average BlackBerry user NOT to move over iOS and Android if the keyboard isn't even there?

I just feel RIM is an weird situation. They know they have to compete with iOS and Android by creating a multimedia+app friendly, large touch screen environment but will it be at the expense of RIM's current core of users?
    +1 I buy Blackberries because of the keyboard, get rid of that and we might as well buy an iPhone or Android device.
    10-26-11 02:55 AM
    I agree with this but if they keep the PlayBook shape with the 9900 stainless steal unibody I'm afraid they will attract a lawsuit from Apple.

This phone has got to use glass/gorilla glass though. That mock up looks cheap.
    10-26-11 03:10 AM
    It makes sense to launch BBX with a glass slab; PlayBook heritage et al....

But there's no way RIM will abandon the physical keyboard mainstream of BB users; a 9900/9700 lookalike will be on the way, it's a no brainer.
    10-26-11 03:53 AM
    It's never been a secret that the first BBX phone will be all touch, I don't know why people are still surprised by that. It's easier to do a scaled down PlayBook first, then worry about changing the form factor. You can bet that physical keyboards will follow, assuming RIM still has the customer base to pay for development.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-26-11 11:04 AM
    It's never been a secret that the first BBX phone will be all touch, I don't know why people are still surprised by that. It's easier to do a scaled down PlayBook first, then worry about changing the form factor. You can bet that physical keyboards will follow, assuming RIM still has the customer base to pay for development.
    Yeah, this has been rehashed countless times.
    The first BBX phone will be all touch. A "Bold" style phone will come later. OS7 will be around for a while.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    10-26-11 11:43 AM
    im kinda shocked that it will be that thin could feel awkward but im still very excited about it
    10-26-11 01:23 PM
    The changes I'm seeing are a front facing camera and the scroll wheel and the buttons are missing from the bottom. I hope the screen is huge. The bigger the better.
    10-26-11 03:50 PM
    i dont get it, it bb colt will be running single core 1.2ghz proc, then how come they cannot release bbx on the 9900/30. They are equally powerful.
    10-27-11 04:10 PM
    i dont get it, it bb colt will be running single core 1.2ghz proc, then how come they cannot release bbx on the 9900/30. They are equally powerful.
    Same reason why OS 7 cannot run on an OS 6 device.

Most of the rumours/stories say that the 'Colt' will be dual core, so I wouldn't sweat it.
    10-27-11 04:47 PM
    Here's Kevin M's candid interview with TechnoBuffalo at Devcon 2011 about BBX:

10-29-11 09:25 PM
    I think CB Kevin said that in one of the latest podcasts.. That the new qnx phones would resemble shrunk down playbooks....

And i think that would be awesome. I am not optimistic that they will be out when RIM says... but they will be spectacular... the device would remind me of something out of a sci fi show.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 04:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD