I have to say, I am so impressed with the coverage here. We were on Verizon before, but my wife was really wanting an iPhone 4, so we jumped ship to AT&T when it came out. The service was horrendous really. I relied a lot on wifi to do almost everything on my 9700. Now that Verizon has the 4, we made the move back.

The difference is just night and day. Full service everywhere. No dropped calls. No issues. It's almost too perfect. We couldn't be happier that we made the switch back.
    mikechaudron likes this.
    10-25-11 04:45 PM
    Your wife would be happier with a BlackBerry phone.
    10-25-11 05:07 PM
    I have no complaints service wise since I have had Verizon.
    10-25-11 05:20 PM
    Your wife would be happier with a BlackBerry phone.
    Why's that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 11:47 PM
    Why's that?

We in the BlackBerry forum could care less about the life and times of iPhone zombies
    10-26-11 12:42 AM
    We in the BlackBerry forum could care less about the life and times of iPhone zombies
    Or it could be you are trolling?
    10-26-11 07:03 AM
    If it sounds like a troll, it usually is a troll. She has had a few different BlackBerry phones, but they didn't entirely fit her needs.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-26-11 08:59 AM
    But this is a Verizon forum and the topic was about Verizons coverage. It had nothing to do with phones, she could have had a Cosmos that fit her needs better than a BlackBerry and it wouldn't have mattered.

10-26-11 09:17 AM
    My husband has the Cosmos phone. He like it. But, yeah, VZW coverage is the best I've tried! Nationwide too.
    10-26-11 09:19 AM
    Personally I'd ignore the troll-like commets and not feed it.

Verizon does have the widest coverage within the US. However I have read several articles that report AT&T as being the FASTEST (when you can connect, of course - hehe) carrier for downloading. Here's a couple of links.

Only AT&T’s Network Lets Your IPhone 4S Download Twice As Fast

AT&T Roars Back in PCWorld

Gadgetbox - iPhone 4S shootout: AT&T vs. Sprint vs Verizon

Now, I do NOT want to start carrier wars in here. I am simply pointing out that different carriers have different qualities. If carrier "A" gives good coverage and good download speeds where you live, work and generally go and it has the phones you want, why change? On the other hand if carrier, errr, "V" fulfills those need better FOR YOU then that's the place to be.

Should I have chosen different letters to designate my example carrier comparison. I don't think so .
    10-26-11 09:29 AM
    I completely agree that the service/coverage is the best of all the service providers. There's no comparison. I continue to find 3G service in the most remote out of the way places imaginable. Love the coverage and the piece of mind that comes with that added security when out in the boonies.
    10-26-11 12:53 PM
    But this is a Verizon forum and the topic was about Verizons coverage. It had nothing to do with phones, she could have had a Cosmos that fit her needs better than a BlackBerry and it wouldn't have mattered.

This is CrackBerry.com right? Or is this iPhoneBerry.com?

Is that a new term iPhoneBerry? An iPhone user in a BlackBerry website
    10-27-11 12:03 AM
    Reported before my big mouth gets me in trouble.
    10-27-11 09:03 AM
    Let me just clear a few things up here.
    1. I use a BlackBerry. I haven't always, but I do now, and I will continue to until the day I die, or they quit making them.
    2. My wife uses an iPhone. She has used in the past a 8330, 9550 and a 9630. She prefers the iPhone for her needs.
    3. This thread really has absolutely nothing to do with what devices we are using, but instead the coverage and service that Verizon offers.
    4. Trolling is so overrated.
    5. Mods can close this thread, as it really is going nowhere.
    10-27-11 10:08 AM
    I have to say, I am so impressed with the coverage here. We were on Verizon before, but my wife was really wanting an iPhone 4, so we jumped ship to AT&T when it came out. The service was horrendous really. I relied a lot on wifi to do almost everything on my 9700. Now that Verizon has the 4, we made the move back.

The difference is just night and day. Full service everywhere. No dropped calls. No issues. It's almost too perfect. We couldn't be happier that we made the switch back.
    I manage the sales division of a heavy haul transportation company. We've tried several different service providers and without a doubt, Verizon offers us the best coverage of any wireless provider. Each of our trucks is a VRZ wifi hotspot in order for us to communicate, dispatch, and print documents in our trucks, and our drivers also carry company issued VRZ phones.

Our sales reps each have a BlackBerry smartphone, a VRZ wifi hotspot card, and a Playbook. I'm sure we could likely save some money with another provider, but our business depends upon coverage in some fairly remote areas and Verizon is by far the best for us.

I do wish they were a little less arrogant, as they are difficult to deal with when it comes time to negotiate our contract. While we're not a massive account, the money we spend for Verizon is a lot of money for us.

In past jobs I've used Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T and while I am a Sprint fan also and my wife and kids carry Sprint phones, you simply cannot beat the coverage and reliability of Verizon for business applications.
    10-28-11 02:11 PM
    Verizons service at my house sucks it will drop 3G and roam on U.S.Cellullar 1X service while the phone is laying on my desk at home and home is where i need the service the most. I still have three lines with U.S.Cellular and i have full bars in my house the tower is less than a half mile from home. I wanted the 9930 and U.S.Cellular is not carrying it plus they pissed me off about ins on my phone. I like the things Verizon has to ofter but the service is not good where i live.
    10-29-11 11:35 AM
    I used to just accept that there would be places where I'd have zero service. That was when I had T-Mobile. Now on Verizon, I get it everywhere. It really does have the best coverage.

Where I am though, Verizon is actually faster than AT&T on 3G. If you get into 4G and all, VZW blows EVERYONE out of the water.
    10-29-11 02:30 PM
    Jerry, maybe you can get a repeater?

10-29-11 07:13 PM
    I'd like to interject, and say that most people who run to AT&T from Verizon, then go back... came to AT&T for the iPhone.

Let it be known that the iPhone series is hands-down the most problematic series of phones ever created since the Bell Power Drill with 16" Auger Bit Desk Phone in 1987, when users complained of having their brains drilled out while answering calls. iPhones report extremely poor reception in locations where devices from other manufacturers receive more stable and stronger connections. The over 97% of dropped calls involve an iPhone on at least one end of the call.

I'm not saying that the iPhone series is a defective liability to AT&T's reputation, but if the shoe fits...
    10-31-11 01:41 PM
    I had ATT for about 7 years and never paid too much attention to the dropped calls, I figured it was normal practice for cell phones but after switching to vw, i realized I was mistaken. Aside from no dropped calls, the calls sound clearer and louder, if I had only known. I am staying with vow now and never looking back
    11-04-11 03:38 PM
    Verizon BLOWS away Sprint and AT&T when is comes to solid 3G service.

My iPhone 4S never drops calls, rarely goes out of 3G. Sprint I would drop calls all the time, just looses signal. I got used to it. Now, Sprint can shove it.

My (AT&T) iPad2 on the other hand sucks. In major metro areas, the AT&T 3G is strong. Get a little out of the city, EDGE all the way. Of course my Verizon iPhone stays lit on 3G.

When Verizon says '3G in more areas' they are not lying.
    s.ben likes this.
    11-05-11 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD