Hi, I have a notification on my home screen and I can't work out what it is! It is a white arrow pointing down to the bottom left corner in a black circle. I know most of you will say that its the app world but its not it doesn't have the asterisk (red star( at the top right corner of it. I have checked through my messages and my app world but can't find anything! Please help me!!

Sent from my BlackBerry� Curve 9300 3G

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 04:29 PM
    Can you post a screenshot?
    10-25-11 04:59 PM
    Browser messages?
    10-25-11 05:28 PM
    maybe its the blackberry notification
    10-25-11 06:14 PM
    If you're using a stock theme, the only thing that resembles that description is the AppWorld notification.

Icon Guide - BlackBerry Smartphones - 6.0
    10-25-11 11:05 PM
    Can you post a screenshot?
    How do you post pictures? I am on my mobile and don't know how to

10-26-11 03:20 AM
    If you're using a stock theme, the only thing that resembles that description is the AppWorld notification.

Click to view quoted image

Icon Guide - BlackBerry Smartphones - 6.0
    Yes, it looks exactly like that but without the asterisk(red star)

10-26-11 03:21 AM
    Yes, it looks exactly like that but without the asterisk(red star)

And the arrow is a little bigger and the line part of the arrow goes out of the circle but it is that kind of shape.

10-26-11 03:29 AM
    10-26-11 06:30 AM
    go into your mass messages folder and check for new messages because it is an appworld notification even if it doesnt have the red star
    10-26-11 07:12 AM
    It's the same notification with or without the red star. If there is no star, you have opened it at some point.
    I don't think it is because it is a little bit different and there isn't anything on the app world.

10-26-11 07:38 AM
    :::: patiently waits for the money shot ::::

10-26-11 09:10 AM
    Then it doesn't look like the icon Big Bad Wulf posted, right?

It does look like that just without the red star and the arrow is a little bit bigger

10-26-11 10:28 AM
    If I were you, I would got to App World, click "My World" and scroll through all of the apps to see if there is an update available.
    I have done that several times and checked through all of my messages. I have never seen this symbol before so I don't really know what to do. :/

10-26-11 12:29 PM
    I have done that several times and checked through all of my messages. I have never seen this symbol before so I don't really know what to do. :/

You could post a screenshot, so we know WTF you're looking at.

Also, while on your app list, click menu->refresh. That may reveal the update.
    10-26-11 12:31 PM
    Appworld itself was just upgraded. That is probably what the actual upgrade is.
    10-26-11 12:41 PM
    If clicking Refresh doesn't help, try opening My World, then holding ALT and typing RST. It should close AppWorld for you in a few seconds. Then re-open AppWorld. If none of this works, pull your battery. If it still doesn't go away, delete AppWorld, reboot your device, and re-install AppWorld.
    10-26-11 12:53 PM
    LoL! Wouldn't that be ironic. I'm on beta, so I wouldn't get that notification.
    10-26-11 12:55 PM
    When I open the first link on my mobile it says "Unable To Find The Requested Server." So I can't post any pictures unless anyone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong or another way.

10-26-11 01:42 PM
    Nope its not that I urgraded the app world about 5 days ago or something.

10-26-11 01:43 PM
    Nope its not that I urgraded the app world about 5 days ago or something.

There is a new version of App World that just got released 2 days ago.
    10-26-11 01:47 PM
    When I open the first link on my mobile it says "Unable To Find The Requested Server." So I can't post any pictures unless anyone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong or another way.

bit.ly/gi3vAN
    10-26-11 01:51 PM
    I just had an idea! Maybe I had an update for an app then I deleted it because I have been deleting a lot of apps recently so I will have a look through my uninstalled apps

10-26-11 01:53 PM
    I just had an idea! Maybe I had an update for an app then I deleted it because I have been deleting a lot of apps recently so I will have a look through my uninstalled apps

Nope it wasn't that. Just wondering because if it is in my deleted apps then this might help - is there any way to clear your uninstalled apps list?

10-26-11 02:00 PM

You won't get notifications of new versions of uninstalled apps.
    10-26-11 02:02 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD