Im gonna try to explain this to the best of my ability. I have the Bold 9930 on Sprint and before this I had the Bold 9650, I also have an Airvana to route my calls. My issue is every once in a while or whenever the phone wants it will let off 4 faint beeps. It can be at anytime, I will hear it, then hear it again in 15 mins or 15 hours. Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this? When the beeps are heard, there are no new msgs of any kind.

The weird thing is, my fiance has the 9670 and she never gets these beeps. So im wondering if the Bolds and the Airvana is playing well together. I called tech support for Airvana and Sprint Blackberry Tech Support and they were all clueless.

These 4 faint beeps are driving me crazy and if anyone has expreinced this and found a solution, please let me know. Yes, I have checked software, right now im on .362 and I even rolled back to .241 and I still heard it.
    10-24-11 05:24 PM
    This was discussed already in another thread, but since the problem doesn't seem to be the Style 9670, I decided to reply here. The previous thread is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-beeps-581935/

A few days ago, I noticed these 4 beeps. This is by no means a show stopper for me since I've only had this happen a handful of times beginning a few days ago and I've had my Airvana since late October. As I think about it, I've heard it before but in situations where there was other ambiant noise and I wasn't quite sure where it was coming from.

Tonight, sitting at my desk, I heard the beeps. I decided to do a search because I thought it might have something to do with a call not terminating and staying active in the backbround. The beeps are the same tone that's used during phone calls. I found many others having similar problems but found that my phone had no active phone connections.

So, I decided to call Sprint support and spoke with someone in AirRave support who was quite knowledgable and helpful. We spoke about a few potential causes for the problem and he told me that he was going to do some troubleshooting of his own and get back to me on Saturday.

He initially mentioned something about a known issue with another device they have that routes calls through the device directly to a tower. The issue had to do with phones beeping while connected to this device and they receive a voicemail. We went on to talk about the different situations that people experienced this issue reported in the other thread one-by-one. It was looking like it was possibly linked to 6.0, but there were bb7 devices as well experiencing this. Somewhere in the discussion, he also mentioned that sometimes, if your device is too close to the Airvana, it will lose it's connection. He also mentioned that another part of the known issue with the other device was that it was happening whenever a phone registers with the device.

I got off the phone and decided to try to wrangle the discussion together somewhere other than the BB Style 9670 forum. I found this thread more aptly suited since it's in the general discussion forum. Then I started thinking about the voicemail issue so I stopped writing and tried a little test. I called my 9650 from my house phone. I hit end to send the call to voicemail. I left a short message and hung off. A few seconds later, my missed call indicator came in the phone app and then i got a missed call notification. I opened the phone app and closed it (little red asterik now gone). I then opened my messages and opened the message then closed it (little red asterik now gone). So now I have a voicemail waiting for me on the network, but the notification is reset in the phone. Now I sit down at my laptop to continue typing. And then... 4 beeps! I tried again, but am still waiting. The difference the second time was I switched my profile to slient to make sure, if I heard it, that the beep was not associated with any app. I'm going to try again without going silent profile to see if I can reproduce it...

brb...

Got it!

When I call my BB from my house phone and let the call go into voicemail, the phone app indicator shows, and then I hear the 4 beeps and hear the message notification. Then I turned my profile to vibrate, called the bb and it vibrated with no sound. I kicked it over to voicemail and then heard the 4 beeps with no audible message sound. I called voicemail from my BB, listened to the message, but hung up without deleting it. 4 more beeps and my message notification making the phone vibrate. I set my profile back to normal and reproduced what I found the first time.

Now I just reproduced it 4 more times. Troubleshooting in real time!

So the 4 big questions right now for everyone who was experiencing these mysterious 4 beeps are:

1. Did you happen to notice if you had new unread voicemails after the beep.
    2. Was your device in either cradle mode or using a silent profile when you heard the beeps.
    3. If you were not in silent profile / cradle mode, did you hear your message notification right after the 4 beeps.
    4. Could you please try to reproduce my steps and see if you get the beeps in the same situation?

The problem seems to be that if, for any reason, you have voice mail not marked as heard when you register with, connect, or possibly, reconnect with the Airvana, you will be notified of a voicemail and you'll hear the beeps. And the beep is not a sound that is controlled by your profile. Otherwise, you wouldn't hear it when in vibrate mode.
    Last edited by louzer; 01-27-12 at 12:53 AM.
    01-27-12 12:43 AM

Got it!

When I call my BB from my house phone and let the call go into voicemail, the phone app indicator shows, and then I hear the 4 beeps and hear the message notification. Then I turned my profile to vibrate, called the bb and it vibrated with no sound. I kicked it over to voicemail and then heard the 4 beeps with no audible message sound. I called voicemail from my BB, listened to the message, but hung up without deleting it. 4 more beeps and my message notification making the phone vibrate. I set my profile back to normal and reproduced what I found the first time.

Now I just reproduced it 4 more times. Troubleshooting in real time!

So the 4 big questions right now for everyone who was experiencing these mysterious 4 beeps are:

2. Was your device in either cradle mode or using a silent profile when you heard the beeps.
    3. If you were not in silent profile / cradle mode, did you hear your message notification right after the 4 beeps.
    4. Could you please try to reproduce my steps and see if you get the beeps in the same situation?

The problem seems to be that if, for any reason, you have voice mail not marked as heard when you register with, connect, or possibly, reconnect with the Airvana, you will be notified of a voicemail and you'll hear the beeps. And the beep is not a sound that is controlled by your profile. Otherwise, you wouldn't hear it when in vibrate mode.

I just tried this with a Bold 9930 running OS7 and a Style running OS6 and could not reproduce on either. I am not in airave coverage right now. How long did you have to wait after clearing the messages before you heard the beeps?

gtbii
    01-27-12 09:10 AM
    The beeps happen right away at the same time the missed call notification happens. This only happens when you're in proximity to the Airvana device. I just reproduced it again and can consistently.

I think it has something to do with the quality (not necessarily download/upload speed) of your home's internet connection.

I get the beeps right when a voicemail arrives. I've also experienced the beeps when there is an unheard voicemail waiting and I'm in proximity to the device. I'm thinking that if my phone loses and then reestablishes connection to the device, it beeps when the voicemail servers 'remind' the phone that there are unheard voicemails.

The beep also seems to be independent of profile-based notification sounds since I hear the beep even when in silent mode.

When you tried this earlier, were you in range of your Airvana or out of the house?
    01-27-12 10:39 AM
    *Update*

The last test I did, I left the new voicemail untouched. I left the Airvana coverage area for a while. No new incoming voicemails in that time, but the one unheard new voicemail was still sitting in my voicemail inbox.

When I returned and was in Airvana range, about 10-15 minutes later, I got the 4 beeps. I listened to and deleted the voicemail. Then I left again and then returned. No beeping.

It definitely seems to be voicemail related. Would someone effected by this please respond as to whether you have unheard voicemails in your inbox when you're hearing the beeps?
    01-27-12 12:08 PM

Whenever your phone loses connectivity with the network and re-establishes connection with the network connecting to the airave or otherwise, you will get the 4 beeps with a voicemail.
    Last edited by TierTwoSprintTech; 01-27-12 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Personal Reasons
    01-27-12 04:05 PM
    Now that's what I call service! In case anyone doesn't make the connection, the reply above is from the Sprint tier-two tech I spoke with on the phone who was so helpful in narrowing down the problem. This is an example of why Sprint's customer service ratings are so high lately!
    01-27-12 08:50 PM
    I was getting these 4 beeps (on vibrate), but I do not have an Airave/Airvana. I do have pretty crappy service in my house and it's always changing from 3G to 1X. I did have a few voicemails on my phone when these beeps were occurring. I have deleted them now and haven't heard the 4 beeps since. Hopefully that solves the issue.
    04-01-12 08:47 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add to it because I am experiencing the EXACT same situation -- However it is with my Android Nexus 5 and ONLY occurs when at home in proximity of my AirRave device.

My unique issue is that according to the Sprint network I have 6 unread voicemails ALL of the time.... even though I route (forward) all rejected and unanswered calls to Google Voice for voicemail and dialing my Sprint Voice Mailbox says I have no messages. So I'm in the situation where I cannot even eliminate the cause of the annoying 4 beeps... since these phantom voicemails cannot be deleted (after 3-4 calls with Sprint Customer service over the past few weeks)

Any others experiencing either of these issues?
    03-26-14 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD