Hey ive had my BB for a couple months and for the most part its been the best phone ive ever owned, however a while back it did something weird where it acts as if im repeatedly pressing the trackball over and over extremely fast. The problem seemed to solve itself but now its doing it again now and i dont know how to stop it. its extremely frustrating and makes the phone mostly useless. Please if anyone has had a similar problem or knows a fix for this i will be most appreciative

Thanks!
    08-28-08 09:52 PM
    Did you try taking the trackball out and cleaning it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 10:08 PM
    no i'd read that in another thread but how exactly do i get the case apart to remove the trackball and what is the proper method of cleaning.

thanks
    08-28-08 10:11 PM
    You can simply pop out the silver ring. Just be careful - the prongs that keep the ring in place are sensitive!

08-28-08 10:12 PM
    looks like that did the trick thanks ALOT!
    08-28-08 10:20 PM
    You're welcome. I'm very glad it worked!

08-28-08 10:21 PM
    oh wait nvmd its still doing it, could it possibly be a software problem as opposed to a hardware problem?
    08-28-08 10:21 PM
    Hmm. Well, first try a battery pull. My best guess is that its a hardware issue. In which case, I would take the phone back to your carrier.

08-28-08 10:23 PM
    hmm i bought the phone used from a private party and unlocked it to use on my carrier, will they still be ok with servicing it?
    08-28-08 10:24 PM
    Hmm. Do you have insurance?

08-28-08 10:25 PM
    is it possible the trackball sensor is shot? i just removed the trackball and had it run without it and its having the same problem still :/
    08-28-08 10:27 PM
    I have had mine for about four months. Recently the trackball seemed ultra sensitive: it would scroll way past where I intended, and when I would try to go back it would shoot way past the point again. Tonight it just stopped working. I cannot get it to move in any direction, nor will it enter Messages. I can get it to enter the first Icon item in the Menu screen, and then the highlighted item, but that is it. Yes, I have taken the trackball out and cleaned it. Thanks.
    08-28-08 10:28 PM
    Another thing you could do is try checking the settings in settings>Screen/keyboard

See if your sensitivity is too high. It might be because of the buildup that it slows down.

I keep mine at 70 for each, but you could even try to lower it if it's still too fast.
    08-28-08 10:29 PM
    no my problem is not a sensitivity issue. its pressing the button by itself. the phone should still be under manufacturers warranty, should i contact RIM?
    08-28-08 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD