I am getting ready for the AT&T release of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 on November 6th. I already ordered several accessories from CrackBerry.com:

(1) BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle which will allow me to charge an extra battery and the handset at the same time.
    (2) BlackBerry Premium Micro-USB Charger (the one that comes with the Playbook) which charges twice as fast as standard BlackBerry chargers.
    (3) OtterBox Commuter Series Case which includes the clear film to protect the screen. And,
    (4) Seidio ACTIVE Holster which has been reported to accomodate the Otterbox Commuter Series Case.

I am also making a checklist of build-quality issues of which should I be mindful when examining the handset at the AT&T store. Following are some of the issues reported on this forum:

(1) Raised and/or misaligned (off-center) trackpad.
    (2) Trackpad squeaks when pressed.
    (3) Button panel is not flushed with (is raised above the level of) the LCD screen.
    (4) Flickering display.
    (5) Display unresponsive to the touch.
    (6) Misaligned metal bezel makes the edges of the phone feel sharp.
    (5) Light bleeds.
    (6) OEM holster too tight.

Your comments will be appreciated.
    10-22-11 07:16 PM
    Nice to see some who researches, set reasonable expectations and plans ahead! Good job!
    10-22-11 07:20 PM
    Very thorough person there.
    10-22-11 07:30 PM
    I can say I was having the flickering display issues on my tmo 9900. It was the SD Card. It wasnt in all the way - a design issue that makes it easy to be slightly out. Once I pushed it all the way in and did a battery pull its been fine.
    netnative likes this.
    10-22-11 07:42 PM
    I can say I was having the flickering display issues on my tmo 9900. It was the SD Card. It wasnt in all the way - a design issue that makes it easy to be slightly out. Once I pushed it all the way in and did a battery pull its been fine.
    This is a very good tip. I would have never suspected it and have probably returned the unit for exchange.
    10-22-11 07:48 PM
    Wow that's some good planning
    Hope it drops on the 6th n u don't have to wait longer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 01:23 AM
    I would add to look out for trackpads that are twisted counterclockwise.
    10-23-11 01:42 AM
    I would add to look out for trackpads that are twisted counterclockwise.
    Yep. Mine is like that, and my colleague's is like that too. So watch out.
    The best way to see if it is well aligned is to look at it while it glows in the dark.

Good luck
    10-23-11 03:33 AM
    Yep. Mine is like that, and my colleague's is like that too. So watch out.
    The best way to see if it is well aligned is to look at it while it glows in the dark.

Good luck
    Good tip. Thanks.
    10-23-11 07:24 AM
    I'd like to see a picture of the misaligned trackpad just to know how bad it it.
    My trackpad squeaked for a few days and I guess after the phone was broken in, it no longer does it.
    10-23-11 08:11 AM
    Nice list of accessories!

I hope the 9900 comes out on ATT for you!

I too bought some accessories at Crackberry for my PB before I decided to go out and purchase one hehe.
    10-23-11 09:59 AM
    Remember to enjoy the 9900!
    10-23-11 10:41 AM
    Nice list of accessories!

I hope the 9900 comes out on ATT for you!

I too bought some accessories at Crackberry for my PB before I decided to go out and purchase one hehe.
    Thanks.

I do not remember being so expectant about the release of a BlackBerry. It has been such a long wait. There was a time when being an AT&T subscriber meant having access to the best and latest BlackBerry devices before the subscribers of other carriers. That is no longer so. AT&T seems to have become Apple Telephone & Telegraph.

If at all possible, I try to, at least, get the case at the same time I purchase the handset. It is important to have a case to protect the BlackBerry the minute it leaves the store!
    10-23-11 10:52 AM
    Before getting my 9900, I did do some research on which OS is more stable. Since most users are having battery problems in the factory OS, you might wanna check out some Official/Leaked OS threads for the 9900. Hope that helped! 9900 is awesome
    10-23-11 10:58 AM
    The charging pod is great.. I use it everynight. I might buy a second one just for work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-23-11 10:59 AM
    My trackpad used to squeak but it stopped after a while.
    10-23-11 11:13 AM
    I'd like to see a picture of the misaligned trackpad just to know how bad it it.
    My trackpad squeaked for a few days and I guess after the phone was broken in, it no longer does it.
    You can see the misaligned trackpad here. My first one was like this but I replaced it. Most are more subtle than this but I've seen about 40-50 devices now that have some form of counterclockwise twist. This tracks with another thread where a store owner said none he has seen are perfectly aligned i.e. some are better than others but none are perfect.

I found one that is twisted but not quite as bad as the one in this pic I looks like it must be standard somehow because both the cutout in the call-end panel and the trackpad itself are misaligned counterclockwise i.e. the pad sits perfectly centered in the hole so the panel hole is twisted as is the trackpad itself in whatever it sits in...although I can't believe this design flaw would have gone unnoticed. Strange.

I finally got one with a flush call-end panel to the screen but had to settle for the crooked trackpad.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...53/index2.html
    Last edited by mhw100; 10-23-11 at 01:54 PM.
    10-23-11 01:32 PM
    i wanna buy a case and holster myself but i would like to see an official announcement from att. I'm confused what case i want but i think ill end up getting the otter box commuter case. Just not sure about holster
    10-23-11 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD