Ok fellow cell phone users, i need your help big time. this is gonna be a long one so i hope your ready..
    i had gotten my new blackberry bold 9780 around May from an upgrade that i was due so i signed a new 3 year deal and got my first ever bb. everything was fine till i noticed that the faceplate(the black plastic surrounding the phone) was loose and started making clicking sounds. it was a minor thing and i had given my phone to rogers to repair, i told them they could glue it or replace it whichever since i didnt really care. i gave them my phone on august 15 and today is october 21... they had kept telling me oh the phones coming back in 2 weeks just wait. so i had waited and waited, after 1 month and a half they then told me UPS lost it, so i told them to refund me, which is normal right.. i mean i did pay the 100$ or wtv for the bb at the time and signed a new 3 year deal. so now they keep telling me oh we cant do anything till UPS pays us, its been a month that they have been saying this and are refusing to give me any sort of phone till ups pays them for the lost phone. at this point it looks like they are never giving me a phone at all.... the point is, i am not dealing with ups here, it is rogers dealing with ups, it is not my fault the mailing service that rogers decided to go with lost the phone. so what can i do? we thought about taking it to small claims court but thats going to take a really long time. so my dad and i are thinking about cancelling our contracts because we have been completely disrespected and not only that they stole my phone which i had paid for, i had only signed a new 3 year deal so i could have a blackberry.... my dad has been with rogers for over 22 years which is more years that i have even been alive, he was with the company that had bought rogers previously. now what can i do to get my phone back or how can i cancel my new 3 year contract without paying the cancellation fee? im thinking about not even paying for it even if i cancel because they had taken my phone
    10-22-11 12:08 PM
    That's really messed up.

I know my carrier would accommodate my situation and I'd have me a new phone in 4 days tops. I absolutely WOULD NOT stay with a carrier that treated me like that. I would cancel...no matter what the cost.

Hope it get's worked out
    10-22-11 01:04 PM
    i am so surprised at these people, 22 or 23 years my dad has been with them and they cant even replace a phone THEY lost. im speechless and beyond fustrated. i wish someone could tell me what i could do, surely they are breaking some sort of law
    10-23-11 12:08 AM
    There are multiple websites dedicated to getting peoples stories out that have been screwed by Rogers. Unfortunately its really no surprise. Has happened to tons of people. We're just the little guy. They could care less. Your not the first, and won't be the last I am quite sure.

Learn from it. Get away from Rogers as soon as you can afford to. Its worth it in the long run. I used to have nothing but praise for Rogers. I had plenty of great service experiences with them. Seems like sometime in the last couple years someone put out a memo to Rogers staff saying "effective immedietly please stop providing good customer service. We now could care less about customer satisfaction. As long as we are making a profit the customer is no longer important".

Sad but true
    10-24-11 08:37 PM
    File a claim in small claims court.
    Request punitive damages.
    While you're there, try to get the court to rule that a cell contract is void if cell companies modify it lol.
    10-28-11 12:18 AM
    File a claim in small claims court.
    Request punitive damages.
    While you're there, try to get the court to rule that a cell contract is void if cell companies modify it lol.

And make that a class action suit. I'm ready to retire.
    10-28-11 10:32 AM
    The attorneys take all the money in a class action

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 11:03 AM
    The attorneys take all the money in a class action

Dang attorneys anyway... can I be your fancy paper shuffler as you work this case?
    10-28-11 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD