You geniuses are my last resort...LOL!

My blackberry was kicked around by a drunk friend two months ago. When I put it back together I got the dreaded "battery with the red X through it". After many hours on the forums, two new batteries, several OS installs, I finally got my Bold up and running. Only one problem that I can't seem to solve... the ringtones don't work. I've tried wiping my device clean several times and reinstalling various OS (with using backups), but none work. I tried removing the back cover and pressing on the plate above the camera, putting in a small piece of plastic, etc. Didn't work. My phone will play music when on Speaker phone, but won't play my ringtones when my phone rings. I tried making a custom profile, assigning custom ringtones, etc. etc. etc. Nothing has worked. I am running Rogers OS (have tried 4.6.0.303, 5.0.0.822, 5.0.0.900). Rogers does not have any other versions available. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or do I need a new phone? Please do not tell me to remove my battery, I am waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy beyond that. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by roberta117; 10-27-11 at 01:08 PM.
    10-20-11 03:11 PM
    I still haven't figured it out.
    10-27-11 01:10 PM
    I answered your first post about this. why do you keep making new posts when you already asked the question and got an answer?
    10-27-11 10:35 PM
    I think you should try the latest os 5.1079 jus delete the vendor.xml file and it should work.. I know the 5.822 have a ringtone problem however it should have been fixed if you tried .900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 11:39 PM
    The post you replied to was not mine originally. I did not actually get a notification that you had replied to that post. Apologies, but a bit of patience with us newbies would go a long way to making us feel less intimidated by these forums. Thank you for your info, I strongly suspected that it was an actual physical problem with the speaker and not a software issue. Not sure if I will attempt this fix myself.
    10-28-11 12:51 AM
    It is a very simple fix. Takes 5 minutes and no special skills.

You do need a Torx 5 tool to remove the screws which could add $10 to the total cost.

Back up your data.
    Remove battery & SIM
    Remove the 6 screws.
    Remove the plate - may need to pry gently - no cables or anything like that.
    Insert new plate & screws
    Replace battery & SIM.

The part is OEM and works perfectly.
    10-28-11 08:03 AM
    10-29-11 05:40 PM
    i have the same problem..... the only solution is to change the sound ic.... now my bold work fine
    11-01-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD