Hi i just bought a new 32g playbook and i tried to convert a movie file to watch on pb.Ok the movie is about 2g hd 720p it plays on my pc great looks great.I put the file in a converter and converted the hd movie to mp4 format and imported to pb.I opened the movie on the pb and man it looked awful??? what should i use to convert hd and other movies? The movie was not off a bluray disc itself but a downloaded blueray file.Thanks
    10-20-11 12:33 PM
    It's probably in the conversion settings, you have to customize it carefully (both video and audio).

I personally use a free software called Format Factory. It has presets which could be useful to you.
    stinger68 likes this.
    10-20-11 12:39 PM
    I use Handbrake (free but I think unsupported for a while now?). It has an iPad preset that works great for converting mkv/avi to mp4.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 01:23 PM
    I use Handbrake (free but I think unsupported for a while now?). It has an iPad preset that works great for converting mkv/avi to mp4.
    i too use handbrake. it s free. i use the ipod legacy preset. if that preset doesnt give you the quality you want, you can adjust the quality. its a trial and error to get the quality you want but once you find it you can make your own preset.
    10-20-11 01:33 PM
    I use Avidemux and it's free and pretty good to convert video files. Depending on the size of the original, converting videos using this program can be time consuming but maintains quality in the end. Also check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-640152/
    10-20-11 01:44 PM
    I use Magic DVD Ripper. It's the only one I've ever used, so I can't speak for anything else. It's pretty cool in that there are a multitude of formats to download to. Customer service even custom built one for my son's BB and sent it to me. I currently convert to the "Apple TV" format: MP4, 640x480, ACC audio. It's not free, but they have a trial period to check it out.
    10-20-11 02:19 PM
    I like GOTSent

It doesn't convert the video. Just changes the headers, thus it is very very fast--only a couple minutes for a 2GB HD movie. So it isn't downsizing the file or anything. Looks exactly like it does in the other container. I've mainly used it for mkv to mp4.
    giorgoskyropoulos likes this.
    10-20-11 02:39 PM
    i use dvd catalyst 4 used handbrake in the past works fine
    10-20-11 03:46 PM
    VLC, export file.

If VLC can read it, the export file can be read by PB
    10-20-11 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD