Just got a new 9850 to replace my 9650. At my desk at work the problem with the new 9850 is that it is constantly going in to roaming which the 9650 didn't. So the question is is it the phone or can I change a radio file to fix the problem?
    10-19-11 11:32 AM
    Did you change networks when you bought your new phone?
    10-19-11 11:33 AM
    I get the same indication on my new phone as well. I have the unlimited plan with Sprint so I didn't know if this would affect my monthly payment. According to the rep that I spoke with, this is not uncommon and they said it does not affect your monthly bill. Not knowing your plan, I don't know if that holds true for non unlimited accounts. I also had the same problem on my Tour. When I called customer service about that phone, they said it would be fixed in a future software update, which it was. I currently keep my phone settings on Automatic and Global under the network settings. Hope this somewhat helps!
    10-19-11 12:14 PM
    In response to the network, it is Sprint with no changes other than a upgraded phone. Guess I will try a different release of the os to see if this roaming stops. Data plan in not a problem, going in and out of roam is just annoying, but more important it eats up battery power much faster.
    10-19-11 12:20 PM
    chucksredvette--I am on Sprint as well and noticed that some locations where I had decent Sprint signal before, it's no longer there. Also have some other locations that it shows as stronger than before though I don't have to roam.

Don't know if it is OS, equipment or network though. Sprint seems to be the only provider to have not updated the OS yet though.
    10-19-11 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD